The Resident Evil Thread

I loved RE3 and on the PS1, that was my favorite of the original trilogy. Id love to see it remade and cant wait till thats officially revealed

I just hope a lot of the areas won't have their bulbs broken in Re3. Because my God, the dark rooms in Re2 remake are the worst! I can barely see anything and viola someone's eating my face, thank you Capcom! it completely ruined me appreciating the graphics, sense of exploration and I just never had a problem in the previous games about the lighting, and here it just seemed so drastic.

I just hope a lot of the areas won't have their bulbs broken in Re3. Because my God, the dark rooms in Re2 remake are the worst! I can barely see anything and viola someone's eating my face, thank you Capcom! it completely ruined me appreciating the graphics, sense of exploration and I just never had a problem in the previous games about the lighting, and here it just seemed so drastic.

I agree with you. I wanna look around at all the cool little details and enjoy the graphics. That's kinda hard when it's so bloody dark everywhere.

I never had any trouble seeing the zombies in my run through. A few of the rooms were so dark as to be almost impossible to navigate but the zombies were usually easy to spot.

I'm finally playing this! Going through my first playthrough as Claire. I just found Sherry and fought Birkin.

Question though, I found packs to hold for more inventory and picked them up, but should I have left some for Leon for his playthrough for scenario B? Is this like the original where you leave stuff for the other character to pick up later? Or does he get his own packs?

I vaguely remember having to choose between taking a gun or a pack in the original and leaving the other for the other character.

I don't think that's true in this game. I finished the Leon run and started my Claire run though barely into it and already have found a few things that I took during Leon's run.

No. There's no leaving things for the other character. There are the ocassional notes left in the B scenarios, but that's more to cover over the oversight of not having Leon and Claire meet or communicate as much in this version.

I need a Nemesis remake, that was my first foray into the Resident Evil world.

Okay I flipped when I saw
Mr. X
. I knew I remembered a stalking enemy like Nemesis in this game.

Oh, I completely forgot about Dino Crisis.
I wish they would do a proper sequel to DC2.

I never had any trouble seeing the zombies in my run through. A few of the rooms were so dark as to be almost impossible to navigate but the zombies were usually easy to spot.
I totally got myself killed during the first zombie encounter in the RPD just cuz the darkness made me go in the wrong direction, straight into a dead end.

I have had similar problems although once I got familar with the station it wasn't as much a problem.

How would you guys rank this game when it comes to the scariness?
Before this Alien Isolation was my number 1. Back in the day any games worth mentioning would probably be original RE 1 and Silent Hill 4 but I don't think they would scare me much today.

I haven't finished this game yet so I can't really say if it beats Alien yet but my god it's a really creepy atmosphere, at least with using headphones.

Graphic and gorewise it is better than Isolation but Isolation still has the suspense by a lot. You get an idea of where zombies or Mr X. are but the Xenomorph can just pop up from anywhere at any time.

When it comes to boss fights, this game seems to be rather inferior to the original.
  • Mr. X gets killed in the orphanage Claire scenario B, but he still stalks Leon and is the final boss in his scenario A. Pretty sure there is only one Mr. X in the station, so what the what?
  • Every G fight in both scenarios is the exact same one, including Annette getting squeezed before lowering the elevator. The original at least had the time and effort to make encounters different enough, even the one in the elevator heading toward the Nest.

Ok Capcom, now I just need a proper remake of the original Dino Crisis, and I can die a happy man.

In Addition to RE3, I'd love Dino Crisis as well, because Dino Crisis, IIRC, was what introduced me to RE3, it came with a demo for it.

I'll just put it like this, RE3, CV, and DC need remakes. On the remake front, in that order, that should be priority...

When it comes to boss fights, this game seems to be rather inferior to the original.
  • Mr. X gets killed in the orphanage Claire scenario B, but he still stalks Leon and is the final boss in his scenario A. Pretty sure there is only one Mr. X in the station, so what the what?
  • Every G fight in both scenarios is the exact same one, including Annette getting squeezed before lowering the elevator. The original at least had the time and effort to make encounters different enough, even the one in the elevator heading toward the Nest.

It does seem inconsistent between A and B scenarios, but I wouldn't mark it down too much for that. Though it is a shame they cut out so much of the interaction between Leon and Claire in their seperate scenarios, walking into the S.T.A.R.S. office isn't quite the same here, but it's still a great remake overall in my opinion.

I also miss Brad zombie and the giant spiders.

I kind of miss the spiders but they also weren't that important to me. This game has all the right beats of the original while still doing something new and even better.

In Addition to RE3, I'd love Dino Crisis as well, because Dino Crisis, IIRC, was what introduced me to RE3, it came with a demo for it.

I'll just put it like this, RE3, CV, and DC need remakes. On the remake front, in that order, that should be priority...
DC? Darkside Chronicles? Why? It was a rehash of 2/CV with only Leon/Jack getting a new chapter. And I'm not sure how much stuff they can remake from that Leon/Jack chapter.

imo, they should remake Re1 again after CV. Get the third person perspective view in the infamous mansion!

I dunno about another remake. The last remake got a significant port to current gen and there have been multiple updates to the first game already, including a DS version.

If they were to revisit the first game in some form then I would like to see them utilise the 3rd person camera as well, but have you play as Barry and Rebecca and maybe some of the ill fated Bravo team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"