The Resident Evil Thread

No one wants an online multiplayer Resident Evil game. or if Capcom wants to hit that market then reboot Outbreak but not sure how can they do that with a campaign.

No one wants an online multiplayer Resident Evil game. or if Capcom wants to hit that market then reboot Outbreak but not sure how can they do that with a campaign.
I don’t want every game to have multiplayer. Sometimes it fits naturally and sometimes it doesn’t. I would prefer the mainline games to focus 100% all assets on single player and deliver an amazing, no-expense-spared horror experience every time. Don’t mind separate lines of multiplayer focused games like they’ve done to date. Then people can focus on what they want to. I’d play both but the multiplayer deserves the same focus and it might be better to do them separately rather than compromise on one as seems to have happened to date.

There's a third person mod of re7 on YouTube and it looks much better. I can't find the urge to get re7 just because I dislike first person so much. Capcom should release re7 imo with a third person (that should sell well and Capcom is the king of rereleases) and include a third person perspective in re8.

I don't see the problem with a new RE Outbreak entry. Those games had campaigns in them so I'm a bit lost on why you're skeptical. Even 5 had co-OP and that was well recieved.

Resistance was clearly underwhelming to begin with and it had the problem of releasing with a Resident Evil 3 remake which many thought was a let down. Packaging it as just the multiplayer addition to another game meant it couldn't set itself apart and establish it's own profile. It took me a good minute or two to even remember what Resistance even was, it was that forgettable. Which is a shame as I still think we should of had RE3's Mercenaries mode instead, maybe with a multiplayer feature and that feels like a loss.

I don't see the problem with a new RE Outbreak entry. Those games had campaigns in them so I'm a bit lost on why you're skeptical. Even 5 had co-OP and that was well recieved.

Resistance was clearly underwhelming to begin with and it had the problem of releasing with a Resident Evil 3 remake which many thought was a let down. Packaging it as just the multiplayer addition to another game meant it couldn't set itself apart and establish it's own profile. It took me a good minute or two to even remember what Resistance even was, it was that forgettable. Which is a shame as I still think we should of had RE3's Mercenaries mode instead, maybe with a multiplayer feature and that feels like a loss.
They aren't releasing a new Outbreak and a coop game like re5 player.

I never tried the coop re5 as the split screen isn't for me. I did play the first Outbreak.

I didn't say they were. I'm saying I don't see why you balk at the concept when it clearly worked before.

I didn't say they were. I'm saying I don't see why you balk at the concept when it clearly worked before.
Re5 coop is a couch co op iirc not online multiplayer. Can you find someone online to play re5 coop?

While an online multiplayer re outbreak, that would play like the other multiplayer games out there like the Division, even if there's a campaign. I'm not even sure how a resident evil multiplayer with a story would work, are you going to create your own character or pick a certain character. But what about your partners that you would randomly get online? I don't remember the re outbreak multiplayer you are referring to. But if that worked out, why did Capcom abandoned the outbreak games?

RE5 had online. Outbreak was the same game offline and online, it wasn't a separate mode. Don't know why they didn't make more, but they made two which is good for a spin-off game in the series. I have seen people suggest they should revisit the concept with the now standard RE4 perspective.

Did RE3 Remake come out and I just slept through it cause of election crap?

Did RE3 Remake come out and I just slept through it cause of election crap?
It came out at the start of this year even though it feels like it was years ago. It wasn't bad but I do agree RE2's remake was better.

I will still be very much up for playing that. My memory of 3 is not that good whereas I know all the beats of the first 2 after replaying them so often.

Re3 remake is disappointing as I feel like they really revamped the map instead of remaking/eXpanding it. The removal of going inside the Clock Tower alone is disappointing enough. We don't seeJillgoing to rcpd. The hospital section was eXpanded but they added a survival time trial at the end of it that was so reminiscent of re5's action.

After four years, I finally bought re7 and currently playing it and I'm hating it. Like I said a million times, I'm not comfortable with 1st person camera. This thing just feels so spooky like a legit nightmare. Idk. I hope I can finish this and survive the horror.

Re3 remake is disappointing as I feel like they really revamped the map instead of remaking/eXpanding it. The removal of going inside the Clock Tower alone is disappointing enough. We don't seeJillgoing to rcpd. The hospital section was eXpanded but they added a survival time trial at the end of it that was so reminiscent of re5's action.
Yeah, the biggest disappointment of 2020 for me. The only good thing about RE3R is Sasha Zotova.

About RE8...

Er90j5yWMAENbcZ

Damn, this woman it tall. I'll get my ingame Elizabeth Debicki.

Yeah looking forward to the ladies. However those man wolves look difficult to beat.

As for Resident Evil 7, I don't think I could finish it. I already beat the dad and the mom but I did it with the help of watching a walkthrough so i wouldn't get jump scareswhile playing. But damn, those rooms in the dark are just ugh. I was literally going incircles because I couldn't find the eXit. Like I think this is a well designed game but the damn its an absolute nightmare.

I don't know whats more terrifying the zombies in re2r or those enemies wrapped in mud? I literally have to shoot with a shotgun like 2 times because sometkmes I missed. Kinda sucks I'm almost halfway in the game and I I surprisingly not minding that its a first person game, like controls are easy and I don't get motion sickness but damn I can't tolerate the enmies here.

Finished 7 yesterday. Really enjoyed it. This is the type of story I enjoy, and it took me back to my favorites, the original. Your character stuck in one primary location.
I didn't think I would like the 1st person, which was the main reason it took so long to actually play.
I've had it for a couple years after a black friday sale where I purchased the entire series.
Now, on to the Remakes 2/3.

I beat Resident Evil 7 back in 2017 and I loved every minute of it, so it's safe to say I'm really pumped for Resident Evil Village.

Really glad to see the series has had a bit of a resurgence and return to quality. For nostalgia reasons I always want it to be the leading horror game. I still remember the magazine review of the first RE when it came. I read that through about 40 times before the game even launched :D

Brief side note, is Resistance even worth playing?

Usually I would post my review after I'm done with a game but I can't really find the will to finish RE7. So this is a review based from what I reached in the game.

As a game it was pretty good. I don't think it was scary but it was always so tense thats why I'm not going to progress in the game right now. The jump scares here are just too much for me.

I still wish this was a 3rd person game as I feel like it would have looked better and it would be inline with resident evil 4 to 6 and the recent remakes. But I for some reason, it felt like Ive been playing 1st person games for a while now. I didn't need to get used to it. Though its hard not to see who's in your back and side. I have to turn around or turn a bit. I can't do a 360 turn with the camera for the character to see what's in his back/side without turning his body.

The graphics look really good. I wish it didn't have muted colors but this looks really good even compare to some 2018/2019/2020 games I've played. The textures of the materials looked photorealistic. That house is a mess but a lot of things looked almost real to me. I feel like Resident Evil is always ahead when it comes to the graphics.

My main problem in the game is Ethan. It doesn't help that we don't really see his face or back. But Ethan also lacked personality. So he made this harder for me to finish the game as I don't have an attachment with the character I'm only controlling. He was faceless, I felt like playing a first person survival game in the arcade and I wasn't supposed to care about the character I'm controlling. I also don't get why Capcom didn't have fancy cutscenes. Like the cutscenes are done in a first person camera perspective of Ethan. You don't see his face, just a few shots of the back of his head. I also wish the game didn't have dark rooms, like I hated going in on those rooms and the humanoids are so aggressive.

Maybe one day I'll continue my progress.

Brief side note, is Resistance even worth playing?
If you are getting re3, its already there. I have no interest in it but if you want to try every feature in the game then I guess, yes

Also, a new RE 8 trailer is out, would post it, but it has a quite prominent swear in it.

RE 8 looks to be a new RE 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"