The Rotten Tomatoes/Critic's Reaction Thread

Doubt most of those votes were even from trolls. Remember when trolls tried to boycott BP? How did that turn out?

The fact that BP didn't take any damage from trolls tells me the low score for Captain Marvel was more due to the backlash of Brie Larson's words than actual trolls.

Going out of your way to lower the score of a film you haven't seen yet for the sole reason you didn't like what an actor in it said on something, worse because it's been twisted and blown out of proportion, is pretty much pathetic as there are far more important things to spend ones time doing, but also, pretty much, is the behavior of "trolls". Sad that there are such people. Also sad that there are folks who can't help themselves defending this silliness on forums.

Those types often get some kind of infraction or disciplining by mods... But you wouldn't know anything about that...

It's crazy how mad people are getting for no reason. The mentality that Marvel is trying to hide negative hype is ridiculous. The Box office numbers and RT rating will speak for themselves. Can't wait to see just how small this demographic of haters turns out to be once the dust settles.

Can someone please explain to me in just a few words what's the deal with the 'trolling' trying to put the movie down? I don't understand what is going on and I don't even know how to ask the question.

The latest train of thought for anti-CM'ers is that if the RT are mainly positive, it's only because the critics don't want to be seen as misogynistic or are all far-left feminists who don't care about how good something actually is. The level of paranoia in these people is just too much.

Doubt most of those votes were even from trolls. Remember when trolls tried to boycott BP? How did that turn out?

The fact that BP didn't take any damage from trolls tells me the low score for Captain Marvel was more due to the backlash of Brie Larson's words than actual trolls.

I remember exactly how it turned out

black panther imdb score was being hit hard before the movie had even been released and they managed to get its rotten tomatoes user score all the way in the 60s before the masses saw the the movie. It was only after real audiences started seeing the movie that it's user score started to creep back up a little

as for you claiming Black panther did not suffer any lasting damage

black panther currently has the one the worst RT user scores for a mcu films

with a 79 they currently only have it ranked slightly above Thor: The Dark World
even Ant man scores better with a 86 user score'

there is no doubt in my mind that had those attacks not happened that film would have been ranked higher than Ant-Man and Age of ultron.....

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me in just a few words what's the deal with the 'trolling' trying to put the movie down? I don't understand what is going on and I don't even know how to ask the question.
I don't want to get into this in this thread as we're trying to contain that to the Brie thread as much as possible (see the announcement at the top of the forum), so I've answered it there.

The latest train of thought for anti-CM'ers is that if the RT are mainly positive, it's only because the critics don't want to be seen as misogynistic or are all far-left feminists who don't care about how good something actually is. The level of paranoia in these people is just too much.
They said the same about Wonder Woman. They're so predictable.

When will the RT scores drop ? The movie is opening tommorrow.

A negative:

Last edited:
Based on these reviews 70%.

In 9 hours. The movie's not opening tomorrow in the US.
Wow they're cutting it close aren't they? How many times has that happened in the MCU history don't they usually drop the embargo like a week out or am I wrong?

Last edited:
Wow there cutting it close aren't they? How many times has that happened in the MCU history don't they usually drop the embargo like a week out or am I wrong?
It happened with IW, too. The embargo is lifting the morning after the LA premiere, which is pretty standard. The premiere was a bit later than usual because of the Oscars.

Why would the Oscars effect the embargo out of curiosity?

Why would the Oscars effect the embargo out of curiosity?
Because they shut down the whole of Hollywood Boulevard and some surrounding streets for like a week for those. Which is where Marvel does their LA premieres.

Think this will get at least 80% on RT if these sample reviews represent the "population at RT"......Another great marvel film.

A few more lukewarm ones:

Final thought from that guy with the long thread from earlier:

Based on the comments, I'm getting the vibe of a high Tomatometer score (85%+) but an average rating of around 7.3-7.5.

Based on the comments, I'm getting the vibe of a high Tomatometer score (85%+) but an average rating of around 7.3-7.5.
Regardless of what the numbers will actually be (I'd rather wait a few more hours for the embargo to be lifted), that would be a pretty high average, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"