The RPG Concept Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Loch Ness Monster bit probably is, but I can see the America thing happening in the future (No offense Americans)
Well, it's unlikely Bush remains president till 2020, since he'd have to change the constitution to do it. The most improbable is the whole Scotland/England war though. War in Europe isn't happening.

Well, it's unlikely Bush remains president till 2020, since he'd have to change the constitution to do it. The most improbable is the whole Scotland/England war though. War in Europe isn't happening.
The Scot's would probably go to war with us English if we stole their monstah.

Meh. That's not a war that would go on very long. The UN isn't much of an effective council, but the Scots and English would reined in by the other allies pretty darn soon.

Meh. That's not a war that would go on very long. The UN isn't much of an effective council, but the Scots and English would reined in by the other allies pretty darn soon.
Unless America's war made everyone get pretty worried and hightened tensions.

Yeah, not really. Europe is not the paragon of unity, but a Scotland/England war would not be tolerated.

^ :up:

The scenario for the game just doesn't make sense, Climp.
You try to make up a scenario that ends with Scotland trying to create an Empire, the French sharing France with English and USA divided and see how easy it is.

You try to make up a scenario that ends with Scotland trying to create an Empire, the French sharing France with English and USA divided and see how easy it is.

I wouldn't try that because it doesn't make a lick of sense. :csad:

Okay. I have an idea about an RPG that I've had for literally 3 months. A TV RPG where you can play characters from live action or animated TV shows, as long as it's not comic book or franchise related. Two characters a player. Anyone like this idea? SSF, you could be my AGM if you'd like.

A TV Rpg could work well, I think. There would need to be a solid backstory, though.

A TV Rpg could work well, I think. There would need to be a solid backstory, though.
The premise is that the real world (live action) and animated world of television have suddenly been having cross dimensional portals appearing due to a universal shift, allowing animated characters to go to the real world, and real characters to go to the animated world through these portals that are apppearing in few places. Of course people don't have to cross over to "the other side" if they do not choose to, but it would be cool to see them come together like Peter Griffin and House, Scooby Doo and Jack Bauer, and the Bionic Woman and Goku.

The premise is that the real world (live action) and animated world of television have suddenly been having cross dimensional portals appearing due to a universal shift, allowing animated characters to go to the real world, and real characters to go to the animated world through these portals that are apppearing in few places. Of course people don't have to cross over to "the other side" if they do not choose to, but it would be cool to see them come together like Peter Griffin and House, Scooby Doo and Jack Bauer, and the Bionic Woman and Goku.
And my reserved Character (The Doctor) will have to try and reverse it! BTW, The Doctor is a really intelligent alien.

I once thought of making a literature RPG where you can play as characters who have appeared in novels or other pieces of famous literature. Sort of like in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I call Detective Charlie Crews from Life. And I don't know if cartoon guys should be allowed in a TV RPG. It should be any TV character from any type of "live action" TV show. Drama, Comedy, Action, Reality, etc.

I once thought of making a literature RPG where you can play as characters who have appeared in novels or other pieces of famous literature. Sort of like in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I had an idea like that too. It would have to be anchored in a certain time though, if it was to work, IMO.

Would anybody be interested in a Ghostbusters RPG?

I'd be up for it (heck, I suggested it on page 1 of this thread), but dunno how much you could do with such a limited cast.

What's been done about a Buffy the Vampire Slayer rpg on the hype before?

I have been thinking and a League-esque RPG would be fun. My idea is this:

The time would be from the 1880's to the early 1920's. You could play a character from any book, movie, or show from that time period. As well as playing those, you can also play as real historical people from that era. Of course, you could fictionalize them to fit them into the action. Like have Anastasia really turn up alive and be part of the League like aspect of the game.

The game would not be set in a particular time, just that period. This would allow more characters to become playable. Also, the historical aspects would need to monitored because you couldn't have too large of an event mixing with something that happened years earlier.

I have been thinking and a League-esque RPG would be fun. My idea is this:

The time would be from the 1880's to the early 1920's. You could play a character from any book, movie, or show from that time period. As well as playing those, you can also play as real historical people from that era. Of course, you could fictionalize them to fit them into the action. Like have Anastasia really turn up alive and be part of the League like aspect of the game.

The game would not be set in a particular time, just that period. This would allow more characters to become playable. Also, the historical aspects would need to monitored because you couldn't have too large of an event mixing with something that happened years earlier.

Now that would be cool. I wouldn't mind trying to play Wyatt Earp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"