The RPG Concept Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that would be cool. I wouldn't mind trying to play Wyatt Earp.
Dude, we could be the dynamic duo...

valkurt1.gif

I have been thinking and a League-esque RPG would be fun. My idea is this:

The time would be from the 1880's to the early 1920's. You could play a character from any book, movie, or show from that time period. As well as playing those, you can also play as real historical people from that era. Of course, you could fictionalize them to fit them into the action. Like have Anastasia really turn up alive and be part of the League like aspect of the game.

The game would not be set in a particular time, just that period. This would allow more characters to become playable. Also, the historical aspects would need to monitored because you couldn't have too large of an event mixing with something that happened years earlier.

That'd be awesome. Infact, I already have a character in mind...

Zorro01-Wagner-Cov-1.jpg

First appearance was from a 1919 novella, "The Curse Of Capistrano".

I am still working out the details, and if anyone has any ideas, but I imagine there will be some sort of collection of superhuman/skilled people who will assembled by a large country's government, ala LXG. I want it to be different enough from the series though.

A really great resource for that sorta game might be the RPG 'Deadlands.' All sorts of stuff from that game that'd go perfectly with what you're planning, Charlie.

I have been thinking and a League-esque RPG would be fun. My idea is this:

The time would be from the 1880's to the early 1920's. You could play a character from any book, movie, or show from that time period. As well as playing those, you can also play as real historical people from that era. Of course, you could fictionalize them to fit them into the action. Like have Anastasia really turn up alive and be part of the League like aspect of the game.

The game would not be set in a particular time, just that period. This would allow more characters to become playable. Also, the historical aspects would need to monitored because you couldn't have too large of an event mixing with something that happened years earlier.
Awesome. I'd be up for playing as the Shadow.

Cool. Looks like there is some interest.

I'll work on an app sometime this month. If there is anybody interesting in helping me with the story aspect of the game, just let me know. I could use the help.

So I don't know how many people have read the books, but the Wheel of Time series would make for a great RPG setting. You could play an Asha'man, Aiel warrior, Wise Woman, Aes Sedai, false dragon, knitting circle sister, warder, wolfman, myrdraal...endless possibilities :]

I'm sure somebody else here has read them besides me...probably not enough to make an rpg though? prove me wrong please?

Well, ultra-specific franchise RPGs don't seem to last all that long around here. We do have a sword-and-sorcery RPG called 'Gods and Men,' so if you've got some ideas for a character, you might wanna check that out.

How's this for an idea: The Sims RPG. Bear with me, basically you can create a family, there'd be a small town where the families live, there's house and furniture, basically, your family would start off with 20'000S (The S means Simoleons, the Sim currency, btw), and I'd spend ages devising a catalog of items to by for your house, and you can get jobs, interact, do loads of things. What do you think?

How's this for an idea: The Sims RPG. Bear with me, basically you can create a family, there'd be a small town where the families live, there's house and furniture, basically, your family would start off with 20'000S (The S means Simoleons, the Sim currency, btw), and I'd spend ages devising a catalog of items to by for your house, and you can get jobs, interact, do loads of things. What do you think?
You'll have to forgive me not going into details, but: no.

How's this for an idea? Go play the Sims? :huh:

Since nobody liked my Sims idea, how 'bout a Lost one then? We could play it in two ways: Base it on the TV show and have the survivors of flight 815, or we could have a completely different crash or w/e and make up our own characters and stuff. It would still have the others and the Cerebus System (This black-smoke monster for non-Lost fans) but none of the flight 815 characters.

THANK YOU FOR RUINING LOST. :(

I got the first season for my birthday and have yet to even open it.

This one just popped in my head-how bout a Dragon Ball RPG? With the movie coming up next year, I think a lot of people are getting intrested in the story again (or, at least I am).

I've thought about it. I'd be interested. Dibs on Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"