The Rumors, The Facts, The Speculation: Cyclops

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
But that would show how much of a leader he is. And how devoted he is to Xavier's dream, and the people that he loves, including Jean.

I'm not saying that he's magically healed of his injuries, and then he goes into battle.

I'm saying he goes into battle despite it. Despite the emotional wreck he is in, after watching the woman he loves die, resurrect, become corrupted, and become his enemy. Despite the physical state he'd be in from the blast he would have taken at the hand of said woman. Despite all that, it would show just how devoted he is. And just how strong he is. That he refuses to give up on Jean Grey, even when everyone thinks the only solution left is to destroy her. He will still go out and fight with all that he's got to bring her back.

With all the *****ing people have made about how lame Cyclops is in the movies (and that is a statement I disagree with 100%), don't you think that this would be the payoff? His determination to fight for Xavier's dream, his determination to fight for the love of his life, no matter the cost?

I dunno about you, but if I were a Cyclops fan (and I am, he's just not quite my favorite character, but he's up there), and that's what his role was in this movie, the final movie of the trilogy, the overall climax to the saga, I'd be pretty damned ****ing satisfied. I'd be more than satisfied. I'd walk out of the theatre thinking "Holy ****, they really did a good job with Cyclops!"

alright ill entertain the idea of cyclops living for the final act and that this whole AICN was for nothing. I think we can all pretty much agree that cyclops will get the same if not (probably) less time than he did in x2. (especailly due to his scheduling and the fact that x3 is much shorter than x2 and it has even more characters)

ok with that said: id still feel cheated, not mostly for the fact of screen time because there are other characters but we dont see him lead or do anything (except with jean). in x1, they did a decent job in retrospect, cyclops was not a major player but he was there you know. with a movie that deals with phoenix, there should be no question about cyclops taking a prominent role, but look where we are .. debating if he gets to live or not, goes into the final battle etc. its' really kind of sad. for an original character of the x-men, who's been there since the first movie, to have him shelved in x2 and with his most prominent storyline in x3, also being pushed off to the side .. thats not right and i think thats y many people have been so vocal about his "Death".

i am not saying that your arguments pointing to his "non-death" aren't valid but i feel the evidence pointing to his death weighs, more given everything going onaround his character. so i hope you are right, but like i said before im not expecting much.

i will say that at least going into this forum and seeing this many cyclops fans has made me feel better. i've always been a cyke fan since the cartoons on fox and believe me i was hte only one in school who felt that way and it was hard to find fellow cyclops fans .. so thank you all. when we get screwed next month, at least we could turn to each other for support :joker: hehehe.

JP said:
Meh.. Cyclops will die. So will Xavier and Jean. Mystique will get cured, and if certain pictures are accurate, so will Magneto. All of this and more in only 1h43!! :)

Whee! :(

Welcome to our newest rollercoaster, X-Men: Coaster of Death starring Scott Summers, Charles Xavier and Jean Grey. Who will die? Will all of them die? Just hop on board and find out.

Mr. Vice said:
:D This thread reminds me of the LOST forums
Cyclops is in the Hatch! :eek:
Um, anyway, I'd definatly agree that there's evidence that he could survive,
and I'd love to be assured by that...but I still can't say that I personaly believe one fate more then the other,
at least not at this point. Great post though! :up:

Callisto and a few others were there at Alkali Lake when Jean rose? That could be a reasonable explanation for the violent happenings in the scene during the trailers. Psylocke is also given the possible role of creating an illusion to fool Jean into believing Scott is dead (much like what happened in the Comics).

Now that would be cool. Sounds very much like what Magneto would & bam Cyclops pops up Jean finds out Magneto tricked her she joins the X-Men

Dnsk said:
Callisto and a few others were there at Alkali Lake when Jean rose? That could be a reasonable explanation for the violent happenings in the scene during the trailers. Psylocke is also given the possible role of creating an illusion to fool Jean into believing Scott is dead (much like what happened in the Comics).

Now that would be cool. Sounds very much like what Magneto would & bam Cyclops pops up Jean finds out Magneto tricked her she joins the X-Men

i suppose they hid cyclops in a magic treasure box? right? lol. ;);p

Dnsk said:

well im all gung ho for that idea .. but hey thats giving me hope.. boo hheheeh. .

they'll make them think that jean killed scott and then they really kill scott themselves so just when we thought he lives, he really doesnt haha

Why exactly would anyone be there?

Magneto doesn't know what happened to Jean at the lake. He was long gone with Pyro by then.

And Callisto and Psylocke are just gonna randomly be there? Then they are gonna go running to Magneto, who they've never met, about a mutant more powerful than him, with an unconcious Cyclops in hand as a gift of good will?

I really don't think so. It would make no sense to have anyone else there.

lets say that this does happen, they trick jean into thinking she killed scott.. and then they really capture scott.. then i hope that we;ll get to see some prisoner abuse here .. im talking about jack bristow/bauer type interogation here. .. they missed that opportunity to show cyclops prisoner in x2, if they're reusing the same idea, then they might as well do it right.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
And Callisto and Psylocke are just gonna randomly be there?.

Well we dont know what order these Scenes take place in & hell its happened before with Mutants showing up magically in odd places :o

cyke93 said:
lets say that this does happen, they trick jean into thinking she killed scott.. and then they really capture scott.. then i hope that we;ll get to see some prisoner abuse here .. im talking about jack bristow/bauer type interogation here. .. they missed that opportunity to show cyclops prisoner in x2, if they're reusing the same idea, then they might as well do it right.

But I reiterate, why would anyone be there?

Magneto doesn't know Jean died, and surely he doesn't know she's rising. He had already left by the time she died.

And it wouldn't make sense to just have new characters Callisto and Psylocke show up, who've had no prior connection to these characters at all, and feel the need to trick Jean, so that she can join a faction they haven't even met yet, and kidnap Cyclops to hold as prisoner for whatever unknown reason.

Dnsk said:
Well we dont know what order these Scenes take place in & hell its happened before with Mutants showing up magically in odd places :o

In comics... this is the movies which are more realistic, and don't rely as heavily on mere convenience.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
In comics... this is the movies which are more realistic, and don't rely as heavily on mere convenience.

That was Singer
This is Ratner :up:

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
But I reiterate, why would anyone be there?

im with you on this though, it makes no sense .. evenif they knew jean died, how would they magically know that all this stuff about using her against the x-men..

Dnsk said:
That was Singer
This is Ratner :up:

Ratner, who isn't deviating from the tone established by Bryan Singer...

And you put a thumbs up by Ratner's name, implying you'd be GLAD that they used really lame, no sense making, plot events, that are there just for the sake of moving the plot forward, even though the events themselves actually make no logical sense whatsoever?!

I like Ratner & we dont know anything with how this Movie is set up. Why cant you just wait & see the Movie before judging him ? Is it that hard for some People ?

The Original Bamfer said:
It is official that more mutants will help the X-men than what is seen (Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus and Beast).
QUE?!

-TNC

Yeah when was it official!?!

I think TOB's just referring to the massive number of cameos, plus the rumours of Multiple Man and/or Psylocke switching sides... I think it's one of those "unofficially official" things

More mutants? Official? What?

Dnsk said:
I like Ratner & we dont know anything with how this Movie is set up. Why cant you just wait & see the Movie before judging him ? Is it that hard for some People ?

Um, I support Ratner, I think this is gonna be the best movie yet.

But when I said that this film has a sense of reality, you said this was Ratner, not Singer, in defense of a not so realistic vision. Which would be lame, to have random mutants randomly appearing in places they'd have no reason to appear to kidnap someone they'd have no reason to kidnap, and manipulate someone they'd have no reason to manipulate, just for the sake of kidnapping and manipulating people.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Um, I support Ratner, I think this is gonna be the best movie yet.

But when I said that this film has a sense of reality, you said this was Ratner, not Singer, in defense of a not so realistic vision. Which would be lame, to have random mutants randomly appearing in places they'd have no reason to appear to kidnap someone they'd have no reason to kidnap, and manipulate someone they'd have no reason to manipulate, just for the sake of kidnapping and manipulating people.

no reason to kid nap someone ? That reason would be is so Magneto can trick Jean Grey & get one POWERFUL Mutant on his side

no reason to manipulate someone ? Like I said Magneto would have a chance to get one Powerful Mutant on his side

That seems reason enough alone if you ask me

Halcohol said:
I think TOB's just referring to the massive number of cameos, plus the rumours of Multiple Man and/or Psylocke switching sides... I think it's one of those "unofficially official" things
I know, but TOB was giving me the idea that it was "official" that there would be more mutants helping them in the finale....

-TNC

Great points made here, a lot of evidence pointing to Cyclops living to the end of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"