The Sarah Gadon in TASM2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' started by webhead9707, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Not to say that I don't feel sorry for Shailene, I loved her in The Descendants and I was one of the few that thought she looked very pretty and even hot in the set pics (with make-up, sorry).

But I still can't help but feel people wouldn't even raise an eyebrow if the exact same thing would've happened to a male actor in an identical situation.

We now know that it was purely because of streamlining the story (confirmed), and we don't know yet if she's off the role or if she will return in ASM3. So I think we can all end this "Webb is a pig!!" talk.

It is however very unfortunate that these news about Sarah Gadon surfaced so soon after the news of Shailene being cut out of the movie. Of course people would think Sarah was a replacement and then come to the conclusion that it was because Webb for some reason wasn't satisfied with her. Webb should have quickly confirmed that Sarah isn't MJ to spare Shailene (or himself) some embarassment. Not that Shailene should feel embarassed at herself, of course, but this whole situation and these speculations must have been pretty tough and Webb could've cleaned it up before the damage was done.

2. Illustrious Var

Illustrious Var Mentally Unstable

The only reason I care about her getting the boot is that now it seems like she took all those hate filled comments for no reason and she doesn't even get a chance to prove them wrong.

3. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

Nah she'll prove them wrong in Divergent, but not as MJ in ASM2; but maybe ASM3 AND 4. :cwink:

4. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Sarah is gonna be Betty Brant.

I'd bet money on it.

5. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

^ Not a bad guess.

6. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Only makes since IMO seeing as her role is being kept a deep dark secret, just like Jones's.

Feore's too for that matter.

7. FN Spider-man

FN Spider-man Well-Known Member

I just love mysteries

8. robmx522

robmx522 Well-Known Member

that shailene dood was pretty rough looking

9. robmx522

robmx522 Well-Known Member

amy adams also raised the bar on good looking red heads lol

10. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

Didn't take long for him to be banned. :o

Well, I think something we all probly agree on with Gadon is that she'll play a small background character that's most likely based on one from the comics.

My reason for her being a comic character? Just look at all the name characters they're putting into this movie already, it only makes sense to make her one. :o

11. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Blaming Webb for the Woodley mess sounds silly, I say blame Sony.

12. FN Spider-man

I blame no one sense I dont know the real facts of why but only what Webb said so i'll take it

13. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

There is no one to blame, nor should there be. Webb said MJ was cut out in favor of developing the Peter/Gwen relationship more. Shailene will either appear in future films as MJ or if she is recast, it will be entirely due to scheduling issues and will have nothing to do with an online bullying campaign.

14. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Amen :yay:

[​IMG]

15. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

How does that sound silly? Marc is an inexperienced director, and if anything, Sony would want to push for MJ in the film to please fans or something

16. JOE

JOE _________________________

I'm anxious to see what Webb can do with this movie. Already there's more Spidey, from what I can see on set. The costume is better. And they're giving Peter and Gwen a real shot at it instead of just throwing in his main love interest to follow the comics path.

17. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

As much as I am looking forward to X-Men: Days of Future Past, I am waaay more excited to see TASM2.

18. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Amy Adams is IMO one of the best looking actresses out there.

If you haven't watched the episode in The Office where she makes a guest apparence, go watch it! Now!

^This! There's really nothing to discuss about this anymore.

I agree. While I think First Class was a surprisingly good film and one of the better CBM's, I just don't feel anything when it comes to the sequel. I don't know why. I mean, Bryan Singer (right?) who did the very good X2 is directing this one. But I'm not excited about DoFP at all yet.

19. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

I think Gadon would make a better Felicia or Betty Brandt than MJ, but who knows at this point.

Shailene would have made a good MJ; she's a good actress, and actually looks like a young model (most models, especially those at the lower end of the industry, don't actually have a pretty face like Sarah Gadon's; they are hired primarily for their frames, which Shailene has).

Sarah has this striking, vixenish face which is good for Felicia, and can bring a kind of retro-60s pinup hotness to the Betty Brandt role as well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  20. Super Jim

Super Jim Well-Known Member

I think to figure out who Sarah might be we would first need to figure out who Felicity Jones is going to be.

The fact that Jones states, in a recent interview, that her character is "sort of on the baddies side" definitely seems to point towards Black Cat. So Black Cat is very possibly in TASM2?...

As far as Gadon and Woodly, I will say this...

It was announce that Woodly was out and then not too lang after it was announced that Gadon was in. These seem connected. If they weren't, wouldn't Sony, Webb or at least Woodly's people come out and say that Gadon is not MJ? Wouldn't they try to save face for Shailene?

So, if Jones is likely Felicia Hardy, then there are really only two spots left that make sense for Gadon. Those would be MJ, of course, or Betty Brant. The question is #1, when are we expecting Gadon to be in the fims? Will she be in TASM2? And when are we expecting the Daily Bugle to be in the films? Are we expecting this in TASM2? Logically we won't see Betty Brant until we see J.J.

Gadon has come out and stated via Twitter that she's not MJ, so that leaves only Brant. So will it be in TASM2?

21. Neno_Kos

Neno_Kos Well-Known Member

Sarah Gadon is MJ, just she can't speak about role. And yes, people, actresses, they are lying about their roles. Example: Cotillard is not Talia. :whatever:

She described her role, which 100% fit Mary Jane (cameo in TSM2, bigger role in sequels), and casting timing was "pure coincidence" with losing previous MJ.
    I am not saying she is 100% Mary Jane, but i give you couple of valid points why she could be.

She is not Black Cat, because one girl is already casted for that role (nothing offical) but for some reasons, two intervyju as describing her role you could guess what role is she playing.

She is not Betty Brant, because if Daily Bugle is really playing bigger role in this film, she would have more screen test and probably casted before shooting started. So why only one cameo scene? Then why bigger roles in sequels if Mary Jane coming in game later? For triangle?

Liz Allen, big maybe. Liz Allen belong to the school scene. We already have blonde girl, Gwen and we saw shooting scenes of Peter and Gwen graduating so why she isn't there? Also, why she would have bigger role in sequel, something dosen't come up, right?

22. ParkerPeters

ParkerPeters Mighty Amazing

She will either be
    A: Betty Brant, Liz, or a friend of Gwen's
    B: A new character

I believe that MJ's role in ASM2 was as a friend of Gwen's that Pete meets in passing, and they just needed someone to fill that role, that empty space.

there is no way in hell she is MJ. I'd put money on it. And while I'm at it, I'd put money on her being an original character too.

23. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

edit: So Sarah confirmed to not be MJ, but some of you suspect that anyway

I somewhat agree with Neno_kos, nowadays it's hard to trust an actor if he's honest about an ambiguous role or not. Now keep in mind that she only told what she is not and didn't tell what the role was. If it was a minor role, it wouldn't probably be such a secret. I wouldn't throw away the possibility of her really being MJ just yet...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  24. WarriorDreamer

WarriorDreamer Well-Known Member

If Sarah is playing Betty Brant they will also need a JJ Jameson as well. Why would they keep it quiet if JJJ and Betty are making a small appearance, this is what I don't get. Is there really room for Gwen, Betty Brant and Felica Hardy as female characters on top of Harry, Max, Aleksei, Norman, Flash, Adrian and JJJ as male characters alongside Peter? I dont think so.

25. FN Spider-man

People seem to be forgetting the "Think Bigger" tweet