The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Sarah Gadon in TASM2 Discussion Thread

I just dont understand why her character is not published, why? She was casted for sequels, on what role then... And then Sony mess this up a bit more with new announced actress. I just can't understand what the hell are they doing.

But is this really Sony/Webb's fault? This latest circus was created by social media and the fans. If Movieweb didn't go snooping around and find out that a young actress named Sarah Gadon was just cast in a new role, if they didn't write that article, would any of us know who the heck Sarah Gadon was today? No. ET Canada would've never asked her last night about TASM and everything would still be under wraps.

Sony didn't announce a new actress, they haven't said a word. The only thing they've commented on so far is that Shailene's role has been cut and will be moved to TASM3 for storyline purposes. That's all. Everything else has been just speculation by the media and us fans. So it's unfair to blame Webb & Co. at this point.

One question, is Shailene Woodley still playing Mary Jane or not? Seems phony her being pushed because she could easily shoot Divergent 2 in 2014 and then shoot TASM3 in 2015, it's not like it's impossible to shoot two big movies in the space of two years.

IF they are getting rid of her it seems more like they didn't feel she was right for the character. If she is staying on, what is one or two scenes going to hurt in the movie? Why not keep them in?

Also, why say she is 'likely to be recast' to get fans hopes up that she wont be coming back?

Marc Webb sucks regardless of what he's doing. For the simple reason of messing people around so much.

Agreed and its crazy one little thing pops up on the internet and everyone loses their minds

lmfao poor woodley those trolls over at cbm made this lol
348nfdl.jpg

I almost did a spit-take when i noticed the arrows there...

That's still pretty mean though.

The title of this thread should be changed to "Sarah Gadon playing role in TASM2".

One question, is Shailene Woodley still playing Mary Jane or not? Seems phony her being pushed because she could easily shoot Divergent 2 in 2014 and then shoot TASM3 in 2015, it's not like it's impossible to shoot two big movies in the space of two years.

IF they are getting rid of her it seems more like they didn't feel she was right for the character. If she is staying on, what is one or two scenes going to hurt in the movie? Why not keep them in?

Also, why say she is 'likely to be recast' to get fans hopes up that she wont be coming back?

Marc Webb sucks regardless of what he's doing. For the simple reason of messing people around so much.

It's possible Webb just wanted to concentrate on gwen and Peter and felt MJ may take away from that, being another love interest of peters from the comic

Those of us who said something to the effect of 'this thread is premature' were 100% right.

@SarahGadon
To all those a twitter, I will not be playing MJ in Spider-Man. I have a role in the film, bit it is not that one :)

change thread to...sarah gadon? who the f*** she's playing j/k

How about change the name of this thread to Sarah Gadon is NOT Mary Jane.

She can't reveal who she's playing as she signed a confidentiality agreement according to an interview I just watched on ET Canada.

Yup, she's Felicia.

It should be changed to 'The Sarah Gadon in TASM2 Discussion Thread'.

Or it should be Sarah Gadon what should the name of discussion thread be?

She can't reveal who she's playing as she signed a confidentiality agreement according to an interview I just watched on ET Canada.

Yup, she's Felicia.
ok....now who was the other actress claimed to be black cat in a further installment???? i'm lost here...

Yup, she's Felicia.
Nah, Felicity Jones is Felicia :cwink:

I'm sticking with her being Liz Allen as Flash's or Harry's girlfriend with barely a line or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"