The Sinister Femme Fatals

spideyboy_1111

Young Avenger
Reaction score
So, i realised the other day, that Spider-man really has very few Female villains, and nearly all of them are just female versions of spideys top foes. So i decided why not play off that? I personally would love to see this team in the works, and have been trying to come up with some new characters to include on it. Yeah there not exactly original villains, but i think with them, thats kind of the beauty of it.

The team would consist of such members as...

Calypso - "Kraven"
Lady Octopus - "Doc ock"
Scorpia - "scorpion"
Quicksand - "sandman"
Shriek - (shes really the only "original spidey female villain, but personality shes like carnage, but powers due to sound are similar to shocker)
Scream - (not sure if a symbiote would work well on a team, but maybe)

now here are some other female villains i could see being made

Talon or Raven - (she would be the female vulturian we've seen recently and would be the obvious vulture counter part)
Mysteria or Enigma - (would be the female counter part of mysterio, i've been designing her costume which would kinda look like a cross between moon dragon, mysterio, and emma frost, ill show you guys when i get a better image)

and finally i'd like to think of a female electro... which would either be electra (ya she'd be probably the dumb one on the team), or i'd give her one of these names, spark, strobe, or shock.

but i essentially see this team as a bunch of "reject" villains who actually have a few badasses on the team that aspire to be more gruelling and diabolical then there male counter parts. We know a few can go there (shriek and calypso most notable), But I could definately enjoy reading a story with a team composed of these women... and really think a few could kick major ass

o and one last idea i had in the works was the She-Goblin, She'd be normans "deceased" wife, who faked her own death. She'd be a major b!+(h always hating norman (which would be why she left him) and would come back enraged about harry's death, blaming it both on norman and spider-man. She'd be very psychotic and much more ruthless then norman. I could also see it played up as some sort of mystery female for a while ala the hobgoblin story

Incidentally, the term is "femme fatale".

As for female Spidey enemies, I agree he doesn't have too many of note who aren't just female versions of male ones. But how about Commanda, from UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN #9? She's a jewel thief with armor/technology. Considering Black Cat is essentially a heroine now, Commanda could fill that void.

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Commanda/commanda.htm

sorry, im half asleep and been in class all day when i typed "Fatale"...

but ya, i wouldnt even really ever consider cat a villain anyway, and i dont think spidey ever did either... but as it would be nice to see a basic jewel thief again, i think commanda would need a complete revamp.. when these villainess's working together could be far more sinister. I see many of them (if done right) being on par with batman's catwoman/poison ivy/and harley quinn...

Good thinking Boy! I like the idea. I actually like Scream. She should be the leader. Have her be the boss but have the symbiote be hidden until Spidey confronts her.
Also, the reason Spidey has few female villians is cuase he's a guy. It's not cool for a guy to beat women.

na, i dont think that's the reason, bats kinda proves that one... hell bats has plenty of A list female villains.

i just think writers for some reason havent come up with unique enough ones, Mcfarlane did a great job with Calypso in Torment, and shriek was alright in Maximum carnage, but id love to see his villainess's actually do something, theres plenty that have potential, plus seeing a bad ass crazy girl is always alot of fun.

i also couldn't see Scream as the leader... symbiotes have kind of proven to not really have the most control...

The brains behind the opperation imo would either be Lady Ock, Calypso, or She-Goblin

Did you know that Venom co-creator David Michelinie toyed with the idea of making Venom a female when he first came up with the concept? For the very reason you mentioned; not enough female rogues in Spidey's rogues gallery....

interesting... Venom would have kinda been cool, but could you imagine if carnage was the girl? now that would be friggin awsome.

But does anyone think these girls as a team + any of the ideas for new ones sound any good? (if done right that is)

I don't remember exactly.

She became Venom twice, but it was for fairly short times, and resulted in her committing suicide for it.

Then there was that clone symbiote girl Venom I think. Something deranged like that.

well She-venom was eddie brocks bride to be if i'm not mistaken...

clone symbiote girl venom?

well.. there were a few girl symbiotes (scream-the yellow and red one with the medusa tendril hair), then there were 2 more, one was purple.. and i think the other might have been grey... but i think scream was the only one that survived "separation anxiety"

It was some odd clone of the symbiotes that apparently consumed it's hosts (similar to how the symbiotes normally work).

Beat up Spider-Man when she lost control.

lol She was some army girl, if I remember, who had to investigate some other base, which was totally destroyed except a single person. It turned out the symbiote would kill with it's host till it burned out, then jumped hosts. She met someone that somehow gave her the power to control the symbiote through a collar, till that got turned off, and for some reason she was trying to kill the real Venom, until Venom actually absorbed her symbiote, and then went on a rampage or something.

The only "female Venom" I recall was Shriek. She was in a yellow symbiote. She was one of 5 people that the Life Foundation turned to symbiotes by harvesting Venom's "eggs". Shriek was actually bipolar and ended up killing the rest after a while. She had her costume taken from her, and vowed to kill other symbiotes.

Those 5, however, merged into one and empowered a crippled man to become the vigilante Hybrid. But Hybrid has been forgotten because his premise is rather similar to Toxin.

The only "female Venom" I recall was Shriek. She was in a yellow symbiote. She was one of 5 people that the Life Foundation turned to symbiotes by harvesting Venom's "eggs". Shriek was actually bipolar and ended up killing the rest after a while. She had her costume taken from her, and vowed to kill other symbiotes.

Those 5, however, merged into one and empowered a crippled man to become the vigilante Hybrid. But Hybrid has been forgotten because his premise is rather similar to Toxin.

Shriek wasnt a symbiote.. u mean Scream

Shriek wasnt a symbiote.. u mean Scream

Right, Scream.

Shriek hasn't been seen in about a decade, as well. Granted, she was bacially Carnage's Harley Quinn, but a lot about her was kept secret. A decent comeback wouldn't be out of order.

Secondary break-out from another mental institution?

Even better, Thunderbolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"