Homecoming The Sinister Six Thread

How do you think Mysterio should be characterized? I like him as a flamboyant egotist with a chip on his shoulder, but does anyone have any other ideas?

I envision a villain that will be very dark, and intelligent because of his creative/theatrical side. There's so many ways they can go with him, honestly.

If they're going to show him creating hallucinations for Peter, they have to make him truly sinister and develop him properly. Somebody that is willing to go the route of psychological warfare is twisted and broken within himself. They really need to portray that and get that across to the audience effectively.

I envision a villain that will be very dark, and intelligent because of his creative/theatrical side. There's so many ways they can go with him, honestly.

If they're going to show him creating hallucinations for Peter, they have to make him truly sinister and develop him properly. Somebody that is willing to go the route of psychological warfare is twisted and broken within himself. They really need to portray that and get that across to the audience effectively.

He needs to be more appreciated than he is as a villain, because, with his powers, he can break Peter in ways that not even Green Goblin or Venom can. Speaking of, should he portrayed as actually having supernatural powers, or should he just use equipment? Maybe they can leave it ambiguous?

Last edited:
This is why I want Mysterio as a sole villain because Mysterio can get inside Peter's head and really mess him up. I just want to watch a Spider-Man movie that breaks from formula of the past decade and bring us something original and fresh like, Mysterio breaking Spider-Man mentally and then breaking him physically with smoke and mirrors.

He needs to be more appreciated than he is as a villain, because, with his powers, he can break Peter in ways that not even Green Goblin or Venom can. Speaking of, should he portrayed as actually having supernatural powers, or should he just use equipment? Maybe they can leave it ambiguous?

I certainly hope bringing him onscreen creates more appreciation for him as a villain, as I was a huge fan of his in the comics.

I believe his powers should be in the form of equipment, something he creates on his own. It just gives more of an opportunity to explore his mind and show that he's always a step ahead of even Peter, despite how smart he can be. Supernatural powers just don't add up too well unless they're part of a series that has already introduced an expanded universe or a world outside of earth.

True.

Spidey would, for lack of better words, **** **** up.

Yes, yes he would.

I suppose we'll have to see how much damage it does, but I still think it was a poor cliff-hanger. They could have gone with what I mentioned above and have let Goddard take care of the villains.

Also, let's not forget the fact that the sewer lid was knocking missiles out of the way. I know we're not going for realism in superhero films, but that's crossing the line a bit.

Eh, I suppose the writing could have been better for that scene. I would have liked to see a bit more of the fight between Spidey and Rhino before ending the film. But I still think the idea of book ending the film with Rhino was the right call.

Most sewer covers are made of cast iron. I'd like to think that's strong enough to deflect a missile. But I have no idea. I suppose we could play the whole 'suspend disbelief' game but there's quite a bit from this movie that would be more difficult to suspend, imo. I guess, it just never entered my mind that he wouldn't be able to use it as a shield and then as a weapon for striking and not be effective.

Eh, I suppose the writing could have been better for that scene. I would have liked to see a bit more of the fight between Spidey and Rhino before ending the film. But I still think the idea of book ending the film with Rhino was the right call.

Most sewer covers are made of cast iron. I'd like to think that's strong enough to deflect a missile. But I have no idea. I suppose we could play the whole 'suspend disbelief' game but there's quite a bit from this movie that would be more difficult to suspend, imo. I guess, it just never entered my mind that he wouldn't be able to use it as a shield and then as a weapon for striking and not be effective.

I think more fighting would have further taken away the impact of Gwen's death. The fight sequence with Electro was a treat to watch visually, as it provided temporary relief before Harry came and scooped up Gwen. It was right for that to be the last action sequence of the film. Anything related to the actual S6 should have been held off to at least slightly leave an element of the unknown for the audience.

I doubt they are. Regardless of whether or not they are strong to deflect a missile, though, I don't think it's wise to just deflect missiles that could go in any possible direction, especially being aware of the fact that there's a crowd of spectators gathered for the fight.

I've said it before, Shocker is just a watered-down Electro.

You really ought to read Superior Foes. Shocker doesn't have much in common with Electro. One's a common thug with eletrical powers, the others an engineer turned blue coller criminal.

Anyway, I see Mysterio as being a rookie criminal trying to make a name. He considers himself a visionary, and plans to ride the coming tide of theatrical crime with his technology and signs up for the Sinister 6 just for the free upgrades and publicity.

I think more fighting would have further taken away the impact of Gwen's death. The fight sequence with Electro was a treat to watch visually, as it provided temporary relief before Harry came and scooped up Gwen. It was right for that to be the last action sequence of the film. Anything related to the actual S6 should have been held off to at least slightly leave an element of the unknown for the audience.

I doubt they are. Regardless of whether or not they are strong to deflect a missile, though, I don't think it's wise to just deflect missiles that could go in any possible direction, especially being aware of the fact that there's a crowd of spectators gathered for the fight.

IMO it was either have the showdown with Rhino or don't do anything at all and just end the movie with Peter remaining on hiatus--feeling too depressed and sad to continue being Spider-Man. Show the scene with Fiers and Harry and call it a day. I guess they didn't want to leave the movie on a down beat so they played it safe. Just like with ASM..."those are the best kind."

Eh, I really don't think that showing another 30 seconds of the fight between Spidey and Rhino would have taken any more away from Gwen's death than they already did by attempting to end the film on a higher note. I get why though. No matter his suffering, Peter must put aside his own personal issues and continue to be Spidey. The city needs him. His responsibility. It worked.

Pssshhh. Spidey deflected those missiles perfectly into spots where no one would be harmed. What movie did you think this is, Man of Steel? Snap. :cool:

IMO it was either have the showdown with Rhino or don't do anything at all and just end the movie with Peter remaining on hiatus--feeling too depressed and sad to continue being Spider-Man. Show the scene with Fiers and Harry and call it a day. I guess they didn't want to leave the movie on a down beat so they played it safe. Just like with ASM..."those are the best kind."

Eh, I really don't think that showing another 30 seconds of the fight between Spidey and Rhino would have taken any more away from Gwen's death than they already did by attempting to end the film on a higher note. I get why though. No matter his suffering, Peter must put aside his own personal issues and continue to be Spidey. The city needs him. His responsibility. It worked.

Pssshhh. Spidey deflected those missiles perfectly into spots where no one would be harmed. What movie did you think this is, Man of Steel? Snap. :cool:

Exactly, and that's why I wanted them to go with the latter. Ending with Fiers and Harry's conversation is what I've argued many times here already. I realize that it wouldn't be like a typical Spidey film to end on a negative note, but why not be the first to do it and do something else for a change? It's the perfect opportunity considering they're about to introduce the Sinister Six. Peter made a mistake by bringing Gwen back into his life - let him pay the price, sink into the darkness for a bit, and introduce a different story.

I wasn't sure whether or not you thought that scene took away the impact of Gwen's death, but I'm glad you agree. After all, this is just my opinion, and I'm sure the scene worked for thousands of fans. But, as I stated above, I really thought we were about to go into a new phase altogether when Gwen died and they showed Harry and Fiers. I would have loved it if that tone lasted for a while.

Ouch, you should drop that line in the Superman forums :funny:

So, there's casting news for Bond 24, which is also coming in November 2016. S6 still has yet to announce anything. Is that worrisome?

So, there's casting news for Bond 24, which is also coming in November 2016. S6 still has yet to announce anything. Is that worrisome?

I've learned to temper my expectations in terms of news.

I'm just trying to not care and will let it hit me when it's finally out.

I've learned to temper my expectations in terms of news.

I'm just trying to not care and will let it hit me when it's finally out.

People have said on here that it's possible that we won't hear any news at all until early next year.

People have said on here that it's possible that we won't hear any news at all until early next year.

I believe I said that a few days ago as well.

I wouldn't be surprised even if we had to wait until May.

I think he's alive, too. I meant that bringing him back will go against everyone's perception that he was dead. I just can't see them making a coherent storyline with his head somehow being preserved in Oscorp.

It's just one of those things that I can't envision working out too well, since he was only mentioned in TASM1 and briefly shown in TASM2.

Well, it seems to me that his head would not be in a box; but, his body in a chamber, with his head being exposed in a glass box. Which is one of the reasons I don't think he's dead. What would have been the point of that scene?

The other reason, it's of my belief his body is in the chamber, incubating in the "Venom Suit"...hence the "Venom Project"; to help aid/manage the disease he has until he can attain Peter's blood...which seem to be the motivation of creating the S6.

Not sure if Harry is aware of his father's faking his demise or not...neither less, I think unlike the "Cancer Suit" in the Ultimate comics, this suit helps heal the body, or slows the progression of whatever infection he has; not just for cancer.

That's my theory at least...

How do you think Mysterio should be characterized? I like him as a flamboyant egotist with a chip on his shoulder, but does anyone have any other ideas?

I do have, what I think, how he should be portrayed, amongst being part of an ensemble; sorry however, I'm using that idea in my "Sinister 6" story.

Eh, I really don't think that showing another 30 seconds of the fight between Spidey and Rhino would have taken any more away from Gwen's death than they already did by attempting to end the film on a higher note. I get why though. No matter his suffering, Peter must put aside his own personal issues and continue to be Spidey. The city needs him. His responsibility. It worked. :cool:

The whole purpose of the Rhino fight at the end, imo, was just that, to show not necessarily that he has gotten over Gwen death; but, that he realize he has to return and put aside personal issues, to help the city. I'm sure he has learned from that, after indirectly & directly responsible for three deaths,<Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, & Gwen Stacy>...which I'm sure will carry over to his potential relationship with MJ or any other damsel he may want to get involved with.

What I thought was unnecessary was the F&H scene. I understand Webb was setting up the S6 film & show Harry in charge; I just think it could have been done without it having to be so blatantly obvious. Nothing intriguing about how it was done.

I do agree, the ending fight took nothing away from Gwen death...actually enhanced the anticipation, imo, what comes next...not just the battle; but, how he adapt to life moving forward, without Gwen. The timeline through the seasons did enough, to show, he spent ample amount of time grieving.

Well, it seems to me that his head would not be in a box; but, his body in a chamber, with his head being exposed in a glass box. Which is one of the reasons I don't think he's dead. What would have been the point of that scene?

The other reason, it's of my belief his body is in the chamber, incubating in the "Venom Suit"...hence the "Venom Project"; to help aid/manage the disease he has until he can attain Peter's blood...which seem to be the motivation of creating the S6.

Not sure if Harry is aware of his father's faking his demise or not...neither less, I think unlike the "Cancer Suit" in the Ultimate comics, this suit helps heal the body, or slows the progression of whatever infection he has; not just for cancer.

That's quite a theory, Venom :up:

I had been thinking what motives beyond Harry's disease might be the motive for the S6, but I had yet to tie Norman into everything. I still thought he was alive, though, as I also thought there was no other motive to show the medics clearing out his supposed deathbed. But this would at least make the most sense to me out of anything I've heard, and I don't think anyone else has mentioned anything similar.

I'm assuming then that the "Venom Project" will eventually bring the inception of Venom, if they plan on still making the spinoffs at least.

I don't know how i feel about this, but if they went this route, do you think Norman will end up being Venom?

The whole purpose of the Rhino fight at the end, imo, was just that, to show not necessarily that he has gotten over Gwen death; but, that he realize he has to return and put aside personal issues, to help the city. I'm sure he has learned from that, after indirectly & directly responsible for three deaths,<Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, & Gwen Stacy>...which I'm sure will carry over to his potential relationship with MJ or any other damsel he may want to get involved with.

What I thought was unnecessary was the F&H scene. I understand Webb was setting up the S6 film & show Harry in charge; I just think it could have been done without it having to be so blatantly obvious. Nothing intriguing about how it was done.

I do agree, the ending fight took nothing away from Gwen death...actually enhanced the anticipation, imo, what comes next...not just the battle; but, how he adapt to life moving forward, without Gwen. The timeline through the seasons did enough, to show, he spent ample amount of time grieving.

That's a very interesting theory. I'm really intrigued as to what Webb was planning on doing with Norman Osborn afterwards, and how he wanted him to return. In the scene where they announce Norman's death though, we see a shot of his room being cleared out and a green light/laser that scans across what looks like the head area and then someone wheels in the glass box:
FxeqPPz.png

So, maybe they just kept the head and got rid of the body completely?
Who knows, what if they were setting up Norman to be Mysterio, the almighty "fishbowl"?

I actually didn't think about omitting the Fiers and Harry scene after Gwen's death. I think that that would have really helped and they could have spent a little more time on Peter after those events; I think the "S6 scene" caused the pacing to go uneven at that point. The Rhino battle at the end though was necessary IMO; I didn't want the film to end on a sad note and with Peter standing over Gwen's grave.

I'm assuming then that the "Venom Project" will eventually bring the inception of Venom, if they plan on still making the spinoffs at least.
I would imagine that would be their game plan in tying the "Venom Project" to the propose spinoff. I see no other reason to so prominent show that on Oscorp's active projects list...other than it being an easter egg for fanboys.
However, as far as I understand, rumor is the spinoff is dead...not really sure anymore.

I don't know how i feel about this, but if they went this route, do you think Norman will end up being Venom?
No...not at all. They wouldn't dare go that route, if that was the case.

Well, Avi probably would. :dry:

I think the "Venom Project" is referring to the Spider-Venom, not Venom the character.

^^ Yep, I think they just decided to add "Venom" as a bit of a namedrop and to get fans excited for the possibility of Venom, or the Venom cancer suit, actually appearing somewhere down the line.

Though the films do have more of an Ultimate feel, they haven't done anything to build up to the possibility of a Venom cancer suit just yet so I doubt they'd be covering that in TASM3 either. Still, it would be nice to see it done that way on screen at some point in the future.

I think we all know its not referring to Venom the character. The question was do we think it would lead to the character and propose spin-off. Obviously, most feel that was Sony's game plan.

Given the conversation between Harry & Peter, about trying spider venom as a treatment, is obvious one basic part of the project...i suspect not the whole project.

They could go a route similar to USM and classic, maybe the Symbiote is an alien parasite, and Oscorp decides to combine it with the Spider-Venom.

Explains why it gives the host powers, since we're likely not getting the Symbiote Saga this time.

They could go a route similar to USM and classic, maybe the Symbiote is an alien parasite, and Oscorp decides to combine it with the Spider-Venom.

Explains why it gives the host powers, since we're likely not getting the Symbiote Saga this time.

;) That sir, is exactly the approach I've taken, in my version of the mythos of Venom, in the story I've been writing, "The Unholy Trinity of Venom"

:up::up::up:

I would imagine that would be their game plan in tying the "Venom Project" to the propose spinoff. I see no other reason to so prominent show that on Oscorp's active projects list...other than it being an easter egg for fanboys.
However, as far as I understand, rumor is the spinoff is dead...not really sure anymore.

I had simply thought of it as an easter egg as well, to be honest. But that adds so much more substance to it and would actually make a legitimate return for Chris Cooper.

As far as the spinoff being dead, I mentioned in the lounge that I'm just done speculating altogether. I feel like all the speculation and arguments people are having is what Sony wants at the moment, maybe even just to get a pulse on how everyone is feeling.

No...not at all. They wouldn't dare go that route, if that was the case.

Well, Avi probably would. :dry:

Which is exactly why I think they could :funny:

I know I'm in a minority here, but I'm really tired of the Symbiote Storyline, and Venom is probably the most overrated villain in Spider-Man's rogues gallery.

Edit: Sorry, Venom'sDad. I mean no ill will towards your boy.

Last edited:
I REALLY want to see Mysterio introduced sooner rather than later, he's one of my favorite Spidey villains of all time, and I'm surprised he hasn't been used already, so I would love to see him introduced in S6, with Tom Waits playing him (Though I doubt he'll do it). That being said, there's so much you can do with his character that having him with five other villains could make him seem underused.

What you say is good but just remember that surely we will find out the truth about how Mr Fiers gained entry to and from Dr Connors cell in ASM. I really don't think Webb did this as a rushed ending to that film.

Mr Fiers I believe was helped buy some sort of an illusion to make us think he was in the room with Connors.

I may be wrong but its the only idea I have from the scene.:shr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"