Homecoming Female Sinister Six Member?

Spider-Man lacks much in the way of female villains. He has Spider-Queen and female versions of Doc Ock and Scorpion but that's really about it. Spider-Queen also works better on her own instead of with other villains.

With the other parts of the Marvel U, there's a good variety of female antagonists. Captain America has Sinthia Schmidt and Viper, Iron Man has Madame Masque, The X-Men have Lady Deathstrike, Callisto, Frenzy and Mystique, Hulk has Mercy and Titania, Thor has Hela and Enchantress and Ms. Marvel has Moonstone and Deathbird. Spider-Man has plenty of cool villains but it jut so happens that only one of them happens to be female and she'd be a bad fit for Sinister Six.

And even when looking at Spider-Queen, she's obscure compared to Carnage, Doctor Octopus, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Venom, Tombstone, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Scorpion, Sandman, etc. Audiences just can't get excited for her in the way they can other Spider-Man foes.

And in the DCU, Superman and Flash's rogues are just as male dominated.

Hopefully you mean that in the context of the general audience.

Yes. But I doubt that the film makers wanted to be faithful in anyway. They didn't even know who Fiers was in the first film, and probably just slapped the name so fans wouldn't complain that he's completely made up, but also won't complain about ruining a more established character.

Spider-Man lacks much in the way of female villains. He has Spider-Queen and female versions of Doc Ock and Scorpion but that's really about it. Spider-Queen also works better on her own instead of with other villains.

There's also Silver Sable, although she's more of an anti-hero. Although Spectacular made her a straight villain, that was a choice I didn't really like. They should have just used Alisha from the 90s cartoon.

With the other parts of the Marvel U, there's a good variety of female antagonists. Captain America has Sinthia Schmidt and Viper, Iron Man has Madame Masque, The X-Men have Lady Deathstrike, Callisto, Frenzy and Mystique, Hulk has Mercy and Titania, Thor has Hela and Enchantress and Ms. Marvel has Moonstone and Deathbird. Spider-Man has plenty of cool villains but it jut so happens that only one of them happens to be female and she'd be a bad fit for Sinister Six.

And even when looking at Spider-Queen, she's obscure compared to Carnage, Doctor Octopus, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Venom, Tombstone, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Scorpion, Sandman, etc. Audiences just can't get excited for her in the way they can other Spider-Man foes.

And in the DCU, Superman and Flash's rogues are just as male dominated.

I see what you're saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use a female villain, or at least a female version of a well-known villain, like Lady Ock. Hell, if frickin' Beenox can include her in Shattered Dimensions, then Sony can include her in S6

You do know the female Doc Ock from Shattered Dimensions was the 2099 Doc Ock right?

You do know the female Doc Ock from Shattered Dimensions was the 2099 Doc Ock right?

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm not saying that S6 should use that version though. I'm open to either Octavius or Trainer being used to be honest. The idea of an all-male cast for S6 is a little weird, given that most comic book movies have at least one female lead.

Yes. But I doubt that the film makers wanted to be faithful in anyway. They didn't even know who Fiers was in the first film, and probably just slapped the name so fans wouldn't complain that he's completely made up, but also won't complain about ruining a more established character.

There's also Silver Sable, although she's more of an anti-hero. Although Spectacular made her a straight villain, that was a choice I didn't really like. They should have just used Alisha from the 90s cartoon.

I still see Silver Sable and Black Cat as anti-heroes. They aren't villains.

^ Black Cat has never been all that righteous. She has done things, most often for a pay day, that would be considered by anyone to be unmoral.

Here are some easy things to consider:

1. We have already met Felicia Hardy.
2. She works for the bad guy.
3. The Sinister Six needs a female character for diversity.
4. We can't go with all new characters as villains.
5. Black Cat is sexy.

The point is, as I've been saying for years, is that having Black Cat as one of the "members" of the S6 gives you a lot of things this movie will need. It will also enable her to develop feelings of attraction for Peter, which would cause very flirtatious (on her part) moments, which is needed. And it can't be Peter as he's still dealing with Gwen's death. So he can't just jump in the sack with Mary Jane, but Black Cat flirting with Spiderman (not Peter) is more acceptible. Also, once she realizes she's on the wrong side she can switch and take out one of the other 6, thus cutting the number of villains by a third.

It just makes sense!!!!!

spider-man-doctor-octopus-green-goblin-vulture-black-cat-electro-lizard-rhino-and-sandman.jpg

would it count if say they used The Chameleon, an he used a female identity for the majority of the movie, in terms of adding diversity to the team

but can Sable work within this team, and does she work outside of her Wild Pack team... her backstory seems too complex, to be introduced and brought in, within such a small window of development

I mean, yes, she can be brought in without much backstory, just as a hired gun, but, such a character deserves more then that, no?

If Sable is used, then I doubt she'd be part of the Six. Maybe she tries to hunt them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"