The Sorcerer’s Apprentice

Don't know if anybody mentioned this but did you notice at 2:14 theres a reference to the whole Mop Flood scene from the Micky Mouse Cartoon?

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT?!?! :wow:

Say what you will, but I think this'll be fun. And yeah, I actually like the National Treasure movies, so chances are pretty good that I'll enjoy this.

is the tone of this movie dark?

the trailer seems a bit darker than i thought this movie would be

is the tone of this movie dark?

the trailer seems a bit darker than i thought this movie would be

There's definitely a dark edge to it, but this is definitely something meant to be a family film. For the love of pete, it's directed by Jon Turtletaub (3 Ninjas, The Kid, Phenomenon, Cool Runnings, and of course, the National Treasure movies)!!!!

Nicolas Cage in something that actually looks....good? Does not compute....*asplodes*

:oldrazz:

shows potential

Cage is great when he wants to be and Turtletaub is a fairly competent director, I may check it out.

Looks like they were able put together a pretty decent film especially after all of the on set accidents.
Always had dreams of the Chrysler Building gargoyle coming to life.

Looks good from the trailer, Cage sporting a new much imporved hair cut over his previous getting closer and closer to Con Air's hair cut which is by far his best :D

I watched the trailer today and gotta say didn't get me excited at all. Looks pretty crappy.

If Jerry Bruckheimer wasn't behind this, I'd be for it. For one, he forces a certain kind of composer down the directors' throats as opposed to letting them pick whom they want to work with. Plus, aside from the POTC movies (and maybe National Treasure), his movies are pretty crappy when you look at them.

Wow looks like a pretty dumb flick, but the magic looks pretty out of this world.

I thought the special effects were really cool and it is nice to see Jay Baruchel in another movie. I like him! [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

This looks pretty good. Looks way better than Prince of Persia.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65195

r7jede.jpg

If this movie is at least as fun as National Treasure, I may watch it.

It looks like they may hit it with either a hard PG or light PG-13. Disney is not as afraid of the latter rating anymore after POTC.

Jim Hill has some cool things to share from WonderCon.

“This movie is massive. It’s certainly the biggest thing I’ve ever done,” Turteltaub said, responding to another question. “There are well over 1,000 visual effects shots in this movie, a lot of CG and all of it to serve this notion that magic is alive and well, that sorcery is alive and well today in New York City. “We don’t want the movie to be so unrealistic that there’s nothing to grab onto. You don’t want it to be, ‘oh, look at the cool visual effects’ and who cares about the story, the characters. What you want is a movie that feels very real. Then the magic feels like it’s entering our lives and we can all relate to it.”

as mediocre as this looks its at least alot better(and more original) than prince of persia....

love that new poster btw

shame bruckheimer is behind this... his movies are all 7's at best, he should stick to TV shows

I am interested to see how Jay and Nic interact and work off of each other as co-stars, it could be an unlikely (but wonderful) pairing...

Did anyone see the TV spot during Lost last night? I loved the new action shots they showed!

I saw the trailer for this when I went to the movies this week and it actually looks pretty cool. And yeah i caught that TV aswell.

I just saw that they pushed the release date up 2 days! July 14, 2010 -- I love Wednesday premieres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"