This is the End

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45824

Source: Variety
June 10, 2008

Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel will star in the action-comedy Jay and Seth vs. the Apocalypse for Mandate Pictures, reports Variety.

The movie is based on a comedy short from Superbad screenwriters Rogen and Evan Goldberg and on a story by Goldberg and Jason Stone. Rogen and Goldberg will write and produce the feature.

The project revolves around two guys dealing with the apocalypse.

Mandate president Nathan Kahane is executive producing alongside Stone and Baruchel. Mandate is aiming to shoot the film in 2009.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45824

Source: Variety
June 10, 2008

Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel will star in the action-comedy Jay and Seth vs. the Apocalypse for Mandate Pictures, reports Variety.

The movie is based on a comedy short from Superbad screenwriters Rogen and Evan Goldberg and on a story by Goldberg and Jason Stone. Rogen and Goldberg will write and produce the feature.

The project revolves around two guys dealing with the apocalypse.

Mandate president Nathan Kahane is executive producing alongside Stone and Baruchel. Mandate is aiming to shoot the film in 2009.

Gee, I'd never have guessed that from the title... :o

I'm in, but isnt it time Rogen takes a little time off? It seems like he's had film after film for the past two years.

Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, Zack and Miri, The Green Hornet, this...God knows what else. He's funny as hell, but isnt it time he got some sleep?

A comedy about the Apocalypse? :huh: Oh my. :funny:

I'm in, but isnt it time Rogen takes a little time off? It seems like he's had film after film for the past two years.

Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, Zack and Miri, The Green Hornet, this...God knows what else. He's funny as hell, but isnt it time he got some sleep?

He also has another film he's shooting at the moment.

And I can't wait to hear more about this film. It could be a bit of a high budget-like film. The apocalypse?

He also has another film he's shooting at the moment.

And I can't wait to hear more about this film. It could be a bit of a high budget-like film. The apocalypse?

Not to mention his voice work in Horton Hears a Who and Kung Fu Panda this year.

He's been a busy man.

And finally, Jay Baruchel will have his chance to shine. I've always liked him in the supporting roles, but this is finally a lead.

I'm loving this already. LOVING THIS ALREADY.
:)

I look forward to this. I'm not tired of Rogen yet.

I think it's partly because alot of projects get sent his way. It's his time right now . He hasn't had this much attention before. He has three movies coming out next year as well ...
  1. Untitled Judd Apatow/Adam Sandler Project (2009) (pre-production)
  2. Observe and Report (2009) (filming) .... Ronnie Barnhardt
  3. Monsters vs. Aliens (2009) (filming) (voice)
I dont think he will be out of work in a few years . I think he will have a lengthy career and him also being a writer helps. SO I dont think there is any other reason he works so much other than he may just be enjoying it.

I'm all for it, but do they really need to use their real names for their characters?

Don't worry about Rogen, that's not busy. That's four films over 2 years. Lots of stars do that. Green Hornet will come out in 2010. These are comedies not big budget movies, they don't take too many months to film. He's making up for all those years where he had very small roles.

Voiceover work involves one day's work every few months. But its pretty amazing that he's done 5 movies already over three years. He'll have two live action movies for 2009 and likely two live action for 2010.

The last time we saw Rogen on the big screen was in Superbad which was released almost a YEAR ago. We'll see him in Pineapple Express in August and Zack and Miri in October. Then, we won't be seeing him for a while.

So...whats the big deal?

Mark my words...Seth Rogen will over saturate his self and he will get annoying. I have loved him so far but he is on the fast track of Sandler and Ferrel:o

Mark my words...Seth Rogen will over saturate his self and he will get annoying. I have loved him so far but he is on the fast track of Sandler and Ferrel:o

Which is why he's making a career out of writing and also (somewhat, I guess) balancing his comedy out with action. (Green Hornet and Pineapple Express)

Mark my words...Seth Rogen will over saturate his self and he will get annoying. I have loved him so far but he is on the fast track of Sandler and Ferrel :o

How? He hasn't had a movie released in almost a year. And this year we're only getting TWO movies. And we're getting another two movies next year. And this Apocalypse movie sounds big budget which means that if they start shooting in 2009 it won't be released till 2010. Although I was under the impression that he was gonna shoot Green Hornet first...so...we'll see. As for the animated projects...he has yet to be the lead in one of those.

I think it's weird when some actor has a role that gets people's attention, and all of a sudden they are announced in like 8 movies that year. It happens an awful lot.

I'm definitely in for this movie. But I agree that he has a movie coming out like every year. I'm not complaining though since his movies are hilarious. He's like the stoner version of Shia LaBeouf (who's in like every blockbuster coming out).

Sooner or later Shia probably going to star in one of his films.

Jonah Hill will probably have a cameo somewhere in the film, as will Paul Rudd and Jason Segal.

Jay Baruchel and Seth Rogen are supposedly moving ahead with their long-simmering horror comedy about the apocalypse, which started life as a school project. They reportedly want Daniel Radcliffe to audition for a major role, and Radcliffe is said to be interested. [Entertainment and Showbiz]

sounds pretty cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"