The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Yes I too wonder how would Harley wind up back on the team? Didn't she and Mr. J aka The Joker her Puddin' get away at the end of the first film...Mr J helped Harley escape

She could be in the movie without being on the squad, like perhaps if Joker is the main antagonist or the squad's target, then Harley would be at his side.

Surely it's pretty simple that Harley gets recaptured and forced to do time again.

I could see her volunteering actually because she wants to hang with people as crazy as she is

Well if she were to rejoin the Squad wouldn't they be suspicious of her downright question her motives

I mean she pretty much left them high and dry when she escaped with Mr. J especially when she and her Puddin got away in the helicopter and Floyd/Deadshot was practically being forced to shoot the helicopter down by Waller and he missed on purpose

However, when she was recaptured she escapes with The Joker so essentially with both her and him being on the loose that would make the 2 of them both targets for the Squad wouldn't it?

Especially if The Joker is supposed to be the main antagonist...no way would Harley leave his side to rejoin The Squad

I feel like suicide squad could have worked well if it was done later.

Imagine a series of well made solos for the heroes leading up to JL.
Villains introduced throughout them and locked up to be gathered together for a suicide squad movie.
It would have been smart imo

I think it can still be done before SS2

They shouldn’t be in a rush to make a sequel.

Earliest we get for this sequel will be 2019 at the latest they will push it all the way to either 2021 or 2022

I see it either making 2019 August date like last time, or take its time for that Valentine 2020 release date

So that's quite early for WW to film, you need about 10 months post, Patty took longer maybe 14 months, so Nov 2019 would give her the same amount of time, but if she does it at the normal amount of time in her second go then Aug might be a good date to clean up the summer and let SS2 make the Nov date comfortably.

Though I think WB might not move around their gold property (possible billion dollar movie there) and let SS take the 2020 date. Would love 3 movies in 2019 though, OConnor has too much time on that script now lol.

Yeah I too, would also love 3 DC films in 2019 but we'll see what WB does. 11 months is plenty of time for post production but I'm not sure if WB would want to move WW2 to August just so SS2 could get a November date. I think that 2020 is looking like the most probable.

If anything if Black Adam is the villain for this film then Dwayne Johnson if he is still playing Black Adam then it is probably safe to assume that his character will survive especially if he is supposed to be in Shazam films going forward then it begs the question of who the true antagonist should be and that is The Joker...whether they keep Leto or not

Yeah I too, would also love 3 DC films in 2019 but we'll see what WB does. 11 months is plenty of time for post production but I'm not sure if WB would want to move WW2 to August just so SS2 could get a November date. I think that 2020 is looking like the most probable.

February 2020 makes sense and I think Warner Bros isn't going to rush the film so I suspect they want two DC films in 2020, I suspect it'll be SS2 in February with The Batman in June or July 2020.

February 2020 makes sense and I think Warner Bros isn't going to rush the film so I suspect they want two DC films in 2020, I suspect it'll be SS2 in February with The Batman in June or July 2020.

I'm hoping for SS2 Feb, MOS2 July & Flash Nov, Matt can take care of Batman in March or July 2021.....sigh.

Please no more. Scrap this movie

It made a good profit for WB, even with the critical drubbing it got, so it makes sense from a financial standpoint. That doesn't make it a good or bad decision, go where the money is.

That same date is one that Deadpool opened on. And with Gavin O'Connor on board, I think the sequel will be R-rated.

And, SS 2 is moving ahead too. Will Smith, Jared Leto & Margot Robbie are returning too. So in 2018, WW2, SS 2 and Shazam are expected to start shooting.

For SS2, we have a different writer, director and Producer for the movie.

Warner Bros. has added Michael De Luca to produce “Suicide Squad 2,” sources tell Variety.
Gavin O’Connor is on board to write and direct the sequel to “Suicide Squad,” which stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto.

Variety first reported the news that Warner Bros. would be reconfiguring the look of its DC Universe, including the arrangement of executives in charge of each film. The addition of De Luca seems to signal that the studio would prefer having a central figure focused on a single project rather then having one individual oversee several films.
Charles Roven will remain the lead producer on “Suicide Squad 2” and sources say Roven was very supportive of De Luca coming on board and Roven has welcomed from the “Suicide Squad 2” team.

The movie is a top priority at Warner Bros. and looks to be one of the two DC properties (the other being New Line’s “Shazam!”) to begin production this year.

Given the ensemble’s busy schedule, the shoot isn’t expected to start until fall of 2018.
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/suicide-squad-2-michael-de-luca-1202645015/

I think it’s a mistake to make SS2 such a priority.

Hopefully Joker isn’t just a side character again

It is not directly connected to any other DCEU movies, though it is set in DCEU continuity. It can be seen as stand-alone movie.

It is not directly connected to any other DCEU movies, though it is set in DCEU continuity. It can be seen as stand-alone movie.

That’s true :hmm:

Hoping for the best on this one.
Gotta stay positive:funny:

I think making this movie makes more sense than making Gotham City Sirens or Harley & Joker or else-worlds Joker Origins movie. :funny:

It would be interesting to see how this sequel is received without David Ayer and different writers, Producers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"