BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trunks make no sense as a character choice for Clark. They missed their chance. If they wanted to do trunks, they had an easy excuse: the suit is alien. Alien fashion can look like ANYTHING, but they decided to skip it then, and that means that they have little reason to backpedal now.

I am open to the black in the chest emblem though. It looks cool, and that makes sense as a character choice for Superman following the events of the first film. Didn't a bunch of folks say Superman did the same thing after 9/11 happened?

What I'd hope more for is that hair though. I want a Superman with longer hair. Not the "supermullet" per se, but definitely long and shaggy. Almost as if he just let his hair grow for about a year without getting it trimmed. Then again, I guess they kind of missed their shot here too. When Clark was bumming around would have been the perfect opportunity to give him wild, long hair.

Look, trunks are yesterdays costume. He frankly looks better without them.

Really...?
Still going on about how the trunks could be in it?
Guys come on...Snyder tried hundreds of design with trunks but couldn't get them to work, so there is no way they will be in the new movie..stop thinking it. Seriously, it's prety stupid.

Trunks make no sense as a character choice for Clark. They missed their chance. If they wanted to do trunks, they had an easy excuse: the suit is alien. Alien fashion can look like ANYTHING, but they decided to skip it then, and that means that they have little reason to backpedal now.

I am open to the black in the chest emblem though. It looks cool, and that makes sense as a character choice for Superman following the events of the first film. Didn't a bunch of folks say Superman did the same thing after 9/11 happened?

What I'd hope more for is that hair though. I want a Superman with longer hair. Not the "supermullet" per se, but definitely long and shaggy. Almost as if he just let his hair grow for about a year without getting it trimmed. Then again, I guess they kind of missed their shot here too. When Clark was bumming around would have been the perfect opportunity to give him wild, long hair.

I would like it if the explanation was that Kryptonian hair follicles grow slower, thus Superman gets his longer hair when he's in his mid-or-late 30s..in earth years.

I stand by what I've always said: The changes to the Superman suit in between movies will be Raimi Spider-Man level, not Webb Spider-Man.

Speaking of the suit, can someone explain to me how come there was the suit Jor-El sent in a ship that was surrounded by 20,000 y/o ice? And why was Jor-El's consciousness in the ship that was there before Jor-El was ever born? I didn't get that part.

Same costume - ease up on the filters...

Agreed, the filter's make the skin of the actors themselves look pale and dull. If an actor is wearing make-up and they have good skin, and they have a tan, etc. Why would you make your actors look pale and sickly? I don't understand the logic of that.

I am not opposed to a filter, but a more subtle filter that doesn't make the actors themselves look sickly. I don't care much about the colors of the suit but the people themselves do not look as good as they could.

A subtle filtered look like this would be nice at least in my opinion.

[YT]watch?v=pvQZfLavWfU[/YT]

Last edited:
Speaking of the suit, can someone explain to me how come there was the suit Jor-El sent in a ship that was surrounded by 20,000 y/o ice? And why was Jor-El's consciousness in the ship that was there before Jor-El was ever born? I didn't get that part.

The Superman suit wasn't sent by Jor-El, it was mean to for one of the kryptonians on the scout ship then.

Jor-El's "consciousness" was uploaded into the scout ship through Kal's key.

The Superman suit wasn't sent by Jor-El, it was mean to for one of the kryptonians on the scout ship then.

Jor-El's "consciousness" was uploaded into the scout ship through Kal's key.

So the suit was just one of the suits of Kryptonians, not particularly one belonging to the House of El. I get it. Thanks

I thought the suit was specifically for a me ever of the House of El who was on the ship. It was a form of diplomatic suit which was different from the black suits worn on Krypton.

In terms of tweaking, I hope it has to do with some modest color changes. Whether the color is slightly brighter or the material is made to handle the filter and lighting better.

So the suit was just one of the suits of Kryptonians, not particularly one belonging to the House of El. I get it. Thanks
No prob!
I thought the suit was specifically for a me ever of the House of El who was on the ship. It was a form of diplomatic suit which was different from the black suits worn on Krypton.
When Jor-El tells the story of the scout ship, the metallic characters put down a flag that has the 'hope' symbol on it, so I took it as being more than just the symbol for the House of El. I agree with you on the colors being more diplomatic than Zod's black.

So I'm personally ok with the news of Supes suit being "tweaked" as long as it looks very much like the MOS suit, I'll be fine with it.

If the studios force Zack to do ONE thing, I think it should be to use natural colors.

I hope a tweak is the addition of an S on the back of the Cape, always loved that and visually its very dynamic.

Dean Cains New Krypton suit worked well in movement. I mean look at one screencap while he's moving is going to make it look odd. And no one gave the CR suit any flack for it's wonky S.

The praise for Keaton? People liked him and may prefer his portrayal to the other guys. Everyone has their favorite.

Now on to Supermans suit. I think we all need to remember that what looks good on a comic may not work in real life because colorist can cheat. They can use whatever blue and red they want and have it maintain that hue in any light. CR's suit becomes pink in brightly lit scenes. You also gotta keep that thing clean.

As we have seen, the Man of Steel suit is much brighter in real life. Also they are never going to make it baby blue, so get off of it.

I would like them to try to re add some sense of the red shorts. The suit just stops working in the groin area because there all this empty canvas. It needs something to break up the Torso and Legs. But then again this may be the issue with how dark it looked in the movie.

I stand by what I've always said: The changes to the Superman suit in between movies will be Raimi Spider-Man level, not Webb Spider-Man.

I like it. After all, what logical/practical reason would Clark have for changing it? How would he change it?

It could happen.

Let's not forget......... these WERE Snyder's original ideas for the final suit:

And the differences are small enough to count as just...... a tweak.

So..... nothing is impossible.

And I'm with you. The meltdown would be glorious.

These photos mean nothing after MOS. Just because they had something planned before, doesn't mean that they will draw from these ideas for the sequel. Also, Snyder himself admitted and conceded that trunks wouldn't work as a design choice.

I'm really fine with the suit being tweaked, especially if it's for storyline purposes. The MOS suit is damn near perfect and I hope that they keep the actual suit, but update the colors a bit.

Less Metalic looking, Less use of filter. Best Superhero suit ever put to film.

I'm really fine with the suit being tweaked, especially if it's for storyline purposes. The MOS suit is damn near perfect and I hope that they keep the actual suit, but update the colors a bit.

Like what though? His suit is, like him, all but indestructible. Like the Spidey suit, and unlike the Batman suit, Supes' suit isn't "functional" in any way. I can see a few nearly indistinguishable tweaks being made (ala the Raimi Spidey suits), but otherwise, there's not many reasons to change it, are there?

It doesn't have to have such a tremendously detailed reason for being changed. Really, it's very simple.

The changes being:
Brighter blue
Yellow S on the cape.
A redesign of the waist area to make room for a thin red belt of some sort.

Clark and Lois can clear this up in a short and simply conversation, which could be done right at the beginning of the movie after a tremendously fantastic opening sequence.
On their way to the Planet, after Supes has quickly changed back to Clark and is discussing what just happened with Lois and which one of them will get the "Scoop" on this one.

Lois: Good job. People are warming up to you.
(smiling) Love the changes the changes to the suit by the way, looks less....alien!
Superman: (Contently) Exactly.

That simply line "People are warming up to you" Explain so much of what took place in MOS, and how some people might still be blaming Superman for what they know or may not know was an inevitable confrontation between Supes and Zod.

It's not to imply in any way that he's distancing himself from his heritage, but just that he's a citizen of Earth now and wants people to see him for what he's trying to do. Because let's face it. The current suit, ( And I really must stress that I DO like it, a lot) It's so dark and metallic looking and that's generally not very terrestrial in appearance and I wouldn't put it past Clark being concerned that the second people see him they will immediately think " ALIEN", which he obviously is, but Earth is and always has been his home as far as he's concerned and his appearance needs to reflect that. It's not any more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"