BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a gif of its color from the extra blu-ray features. It's actually pretty bright and has a bit of a sheen. They could still lighten things up a bit though.

Here's a gif of its color from the extra blu-ray features. It's actually pretty bright and has a bit of a sheen. They could still lighten things up a bit though.

Wow that actually looks pretty good there. I like the boldness of the colors in those pics.

I wish it looked more like that in the movie.

Me too. And I liked it a lot in the movie. But I was shocked when I saw this part. It's so bold and unashamed of being a superhero costume in those gifs. I only with they had the cape on it there so I could see them together. And this is how it looked un-retouched and without any kind of filter. They make more work for themselves by altering its beauty.

More:

The costume is one of the best superhero costumes to date. The only thing I wouldn't mind them changing is brighting the blue. Besides that, I love the costume. It's up there with the TASM 2 costume and Iron Man costume as my top 3.

Me too. And I liked it a lot in the movie. But I was shocked when I saw this part. It's so bold and unashamed of being a superhero costume in those gifs. I only with they had the cape on it there so I could see them together. And this is how it looked un-retouched and without any kind of filter. They make more work for themselves by altering its beauty.

More:

Wow those are great too. :up:

I wonder what it'd have been like if they'd have altered Reeve's the way they do the MOS suit...

Also, something else that bugs me about the MOS suit is that plastic looking outline they have at the top of his shirt that outlines the cape. It's so pronounced looking and looks very obviously plastic. I'd dim it down or admit it were I them.

I want to see that behind the scenes suit in the movie this time.

That little bit of plastic doesn't bother me, but they could work on it a bit.

It only really bothers me when it's closer up....from further back there's less attention on it I guess.

And definitely, as far as the MOS suit goes, that behind the scenes look is what I want to see as well.

No. The suit we have is perfect. All they need to do is adjust the colors.

More:

These are definitely through a filter though.

I definitely want to see the colors adjusted to how they appear in the pics up there. If that's all they do I'll be pleased.

I actually want the costume to be the same, but have black in the embelm instead of the muted yellow. Or just add brighter paint to the yellow, and I'd be happy :)

And natural colors to the whole movie this time!

I take it we don't want red underwear for the sequel?

tumblr_mao6laNaQZ1rdeykbo1_500.gif

I believe it will be different in someway. Adjustments at the very least to the original design.

I imagine that they'll adjust it slightly. These superhero movies seem to like to either change costumes, or modify the existing costumes in the sequels. Iron Man wears different suits in all of the movies, Thor's costume has been modified for all the movies, Captain America's costume has changed for all of the movies, Nolan modified the Batsuit for TDK, etc. I don't think that they'll radically change it, but they'll tweak it somewhat. Maybe make it a brighter shade of Blue since Synder mentioned wanting to have more "classical" Superman moments/elements in this movie.

I imagine that they'll adjust it slightly. These superhero movies seem to like to either change costumes, or modify the existing costumes in the sequels. Iron Man wears different suits in all of the movies, Thor's costume has been modified for all the movies, Captain America's costume has changed for all of the movies, Nolan modified the Batsuit for TDK, etc. I don't think that they'll radically change it, but they'll tweak it somewhat. Maybe make it a brighter shade of Blue since Synder mentioned wanting to have more "classical" Superman moments/elements in this movie.

That would be nice.

Plus there's always the added incentive to get people to buy new toys with each movie so a change in costume may be in order.

Also I'd be fine with the red leotard returning or being incorporated but I'm also fine with that for Batman and pretty much all the superheroes who wear them...I'm more of a "purist" than most...

I'm down for a change.

I'd especially like to see the tshirt/jeans combo from when they relaunched Action Comics for New 52. I don't know how everyone doesn't love that design as much as I do. It makes so much sense. A farmboy comes to the big city to play superhero, what would he wear? Casual tshirt, jeans, and work boots. So good. I just can't imagine how they'd reasonably justify using it, even just briefly.

:wow: where is this from? is there more?
SUPERMAN_FLYBY_CAVILL.jpg

I'd be fine with something like that, in color at least. That shot alone there looks more like Superman than almost anything we saw in MOS (I liked the MOS cape though and how it went into the shirt - best thing about that suit, the cape and the boots, practically identical to the comics).

I believe that the world is ready for Superman to look more like Superman.

What do you think?

I'm down for a change.

I'd especially like to see the tshirt/jeans combo from when they relaunched Action Comics for New 52. I don't know how everyone doesn't love that design as much as I do. It makes so much sense. A farmboy comes to the big city to play superhero, what would he wear? Casual tshirt, jeans, and work boots. So good. I just can't imagine how they'd reasonably justify using it, even just briefly.

I kinda like it too. But yeah, I don't see why he would wear that when he has his suit. Maybe he didn't have the suit handy and had to make a rescue?

I kinda like it too. But yeah, I don't see why he would wear that when he has his suit. Maybe he didn't have the suit handy and had to make a rescue?

I too was trying to quickly think of a way that he could end up in that costume and i thought perhaps now that Superman is known in the world he has become somewhat of a pop culture character and so there are t shirts printed with the S on them. This is where you could introduce the more Earth style looking S. Like you suggested maybe he does not have his suit on him and quickly spots the shirt and uses it.. :woot: Silly idea but like i said it was a quick though.

I too was trying to quickly think of a way that he could end up in that costume and i thought perhaps now that Superman is known in the world he has become somewhat of a pop culture character and so there are t shirts printed with the S on them. This is where you could introduce the more Earth style looking S. Like you suggested maybe he does not have his suit on him and quickly spots the shirt and uses it.. :woot: Silly idea but like i said it was a quick though.

similar to the new 52 - nice idea

perhaps clark is suitless and needs one, so a t shirt from a market stand it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"