The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 135

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good to hear. So you didn't have the same pacing problems etc.?
None whatsoever. This is going to sound weird but all the problems I had pretty much evaporated. It was already sinking in since Friday and the screening today just made me love this movie fully.

Good to hear. :up: I have a feeling the emotional impact will be better for me too when I see it again for the 2nd time.
I think you'll like it a lot better. Before I was unsure if I even considered it as good as the last two now I'm completely sure that it's on the exact same level and the conclusion comes from the right place.

Yeah second time I watched it in the regular theatre, it had a much bigger emotional impact. Alot of this was lost in the IMAX spectacle. Third viewing and it's my fav of the three.

The second time improved it for me as well. I think time will be good to this film, even though I don't think it's as succinct and integrated a film as TDK was.
Yeah I agree with that. As a conclusion especially I think it works well.

None whatsoever. This is going to sound weird but all the problems I had pretty much evaporated. It was already sinking in since Friday and the screening today just made me love this movie fully.

I think you'll like it a lot better. Before I was unsure if I even considered it as good as the last two now I'm completely sure that it's on the exact same level and the conclusion comes from the right place.

Could not possibly agree more.

Wow, so happy to hear that people are finally loving the movie. It's a lot to take in the first time. Repeat viewings definitely help it sink in more.

Wow, so happy to hear that people are finally loving the movie. It's a lot to take in the first time. Repeat viewings definitely help it sink in more.

Eh, I'm saving my money for Bourne Legacy, and then Premium Rush later on in that month.

Just got out of my second viewing. Love that ending. I can already tell Hardy's Bane is going to be one of those underrated gems that people look back on years from now and realize they slagged him off for no reason at the time. Has everything to do with Ledger's Joker. Hardy's Bane is awesome. If this character was in any other comic book franchise, people would praise it to the moon instead of comparing it to the other awesome villain in the same franchise.

First viewing - Just good. Loved it while I was watching it but when I left I immediately started picking up thoughts. Second Viewing - Loved it!!! Actually half way through when Bane is delivering his speech in the tumbler out loud I couldn't help but say "this is ******* awesome" luckily it was so loud no one could hear me. Seeing it for a third time next week and I'm sure it will be my favourite.

The best thing though about this whole series is that roughly 8-10 years ago I was always jealous about the people who were saying "When I was young Star Wars were my childhood films" or that Star Wars were the films of their youth. Even at the same time Lord of the Rings just finished and there were people saying "Lord of the Rings is my trilogy" and I couldn't help but feel jealous because as a (very) small film fan I never thought I'd have a trilogy. Thank god Christopher Nolan came along because now as a late teen I have a series that I can very proudly call "my trilogy". And The Dark Knight Trilogy is it.

Just got out of my second viewing. Love that ending. I can already tell Hardy's Bane is going to be one of those underrated gems that people look back on years from now and realize they slagged him off for no reason at the time. Has everything to do with Ledger's Joker. Hardy's Bane is awesome. If this character was in any other comic book franchise, people would praise it to the moon instead of comparing it to the other awesome villain in the same franchise.

Pretty much. The criticism over Hardy's Bane was unjust. Tom (like Hathaway) rocked the role, but Hardy had to follow Ledger, and then he also had to contend with Anne's Catwoman.

Bane was severely underrated by the critics.

Pretty much. The criticism over Hardy's Bane was unjust. Tom (like Hathaway) rocked the role, but Hardy had to follow Ledger, and then he also had to contend with Anne's Catwoman.

Bane was severely underrated by the critics.

Not just critics, some fans too. I constantly found myself grinning while watching him. I loved his grand speeches. I loved his intelligence. I loved his sense of humor. I loved his physicality as a threat to Batman and anyone else in the story. I loved his intimidation factor. He is a great villain all the way around.

Yep I preffered Bane over Joker *runs for the hills*

Bane's voice was incomprehensible sometimes and the way he ended up being a love puppy for Talia spoiled him for me.

Catwoman was the biz for this movie. She owned it.

Every problem is gone? I enjoyed more the 2nd time like a lot of people but certain subplots and editing/pacing issues still bother me.

I still need to see this again, hopefully I can try this weekend.

Every problem is gone? I enjoyed more the 2nd time like a lot of people but certain subplots and editing/pacing issues still bother me.
Didn't have a problem with either of them myself.

I still need to see this again, hopefully I can try this weekend.

Make sure you get good seats... I feel like a lot of my problem with the first viewing (minus the obvious scenes that were cut down) was my seat. 2nd row on the far right in liemax was just... horrific, especially the sound.

I still can't believe how huge Bane looked when his boys brought Gordon into his lair. He was also quite genre savvy. :D

Not just critics, some fans too. I constantly found myself grinning while watching him. I loved his grand speeches. I loved his intelligence. I loved his sense of humor. I loved his physicality as a threat to Batman and anyone else in the story. I loved his intimidation factor. He is a great villain all the way around.

No doubt about it. Hardy's Bane was a great villain for Nolan's franchise. While a few fans and critics chastised the character, I guarantee it that Bane will be remembered for a long long time. In more ways than one, Bane has become an iconic villain in pop culture. The biggest factor being that no other villain has come close to obliterating a hero (in such a malicious manner) on screen like Bane did. His intellect, brutality, physicality and intimidating presence is on par with Darth Vader's.

Where's Raganork? Has he said what he thought of it?

I'm surprised he didn't come in and post his opinion at least, unless I missed it?

Ra's and Talia basically die the same way... you know... minus the explosion.

Bane's voice was incomprehensible sometimes and the way he ended up being a love puppy for Talia spoiled him for me.

Catwoman was the biz for this movie. She owned it.

Puppy love? I don't know you came to that assertion, but Bane was not Talia's lover, nor was he in love with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"