The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 149

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your wish is my command.

For these films? Liam Neeson Ra's Al Ghul, no contest. Bane is/was awful and pretty much a pathetic 'Al Ghul-lite'. Also, Ra's Al Ghul wasn't coming off the greatness of seeing such a fantastic Joker performance PLUS a story that featured Harvey Two-Face, nor did he have Marion Cotillard pop in and steal his origin/background.

Rank them all?

- The Joker

- Ra's Al Ghul (interchangeable)
- Dent/Two-Face (interchangeable)

- Scarecrow

- Talia
- Bane

lol, ya know, something told me you just might come back if I had the proper bait. Welcome back!

Milost, if I was you, I would have came back a bit later to make my return more dramatic. But aside from that, it's good to have you back :up:.

Milost, if I was you, I would have came back a bit later to make my return more dramatic. But aside from that, it's good to have you back :up:.

Yeah, I thought about that. Hmm, let me try again. :funny:

Ahhh, and milost doesn't let down his adoring public.

I'm actually giving up SHH! for Lent. Gonna try damn hard anyway. See you cats in six weeks. :yay:

Ahhh, and milost doesn't let down his adoring public.

I'm actually giving up SHH! for Lent. Gonna try damn hard anyway. See you cats in six weeks. :yay:

In six weeks we'll truly see "The Bat Lobster Rises". :oldrazz:

Enjoy the time off, brother.

I need a break as well. Heck, I recently considered whether or not to leave SHH altogether. There's too many ad hominem and blanket responses. Plus it's just getting too tiresome overall.

You're a big guy.....
4tmdIR7.jpg

I was gonna start a thread asking who was a better villain - Bane or Ra's? But figured I'd just bring up the question here.
Ra's!

Not only did he have the more original plan, but you could understand his plan(both audibly and intellectually), too.

I love me a good meme, but if anybody thinks he sounds like that, they need to be locked in a closet for 46 days.

back on topic of the arkham games the 4th installment arkham knight looks tight! and all the talk of arkham origins being influenced by nolan, well just by watching the trailor it looks 10 times more nolan infused. especially that he is driving a tumbler-like vehicle. and you can actually drive it! just hoping that rocksteady is at the helm.

I always chuckle at "The identiTEE of da TRIGGAman is a... mysssstery!"

Rocksteady is in charge of making Arkham Knight, thankfully.
thank god!! nothing personal against the other developers, but with rocksteady there you can count on a strong game. im just curious, does anyone know if this is there final game in the franchise?

Random question: Why, when Bruce is stuck in Bane's prison, does he need the fear of death so he's able to make the jump to freedom? I could never wrap my head around that. Why would the lack of fear hinder him? Does anyone have any answers/theories?

thank god!! nothing personal against the other developers, but with rocksteady there you can count on a strong game. im just curious, does anyone know if this is there final game in the franchise?

It is final game for Rocksteady, they're done with Batman. Move onto non Bat games. I think other studios (WB Montreal will do another or it will be rebooted like the films.

It's just a psychosomatic thing. If he's not afraid of death (as Bane said he "welcome it"), he doesn't feel the need to try his hardest.

The rope signified that even of he fell, he wouldn't die, he'd be saved.

Removing it signified he was ready to "fight longer than possible", exceed any limits he placed on himself, and then, after the climb, he jumped further than possible, because fear had found him again.

Random question: Why, when Bruce is stuck in Bane's prison, does he need the fear of death so he's able to make the jump to freedom? I could never wrap my head around that. Why would the lack of fear hinder him? Does anyone have any answers/theories?

Fear gives you adrenaline. It gives you that extra edge. If you don't care if you die or actively want to die, you won't have that edge. Or subconsciously you won't give it your all. That's my take of it. I didn't have a problem with that aspect, i just didn't like the way his broken spine was fixed.

It is final game for Rocksteady, they're done with Batman. Move onto non Bat games. I think other studios (WB Montreal will do another or it will be rebooted like the films.

There's theories out there that are saying this might setup a Justice League or spinoff games. But it's all just rumors. Could be cool to see a Superman game by Rocksteady.

It's just a psychosomatic thing. If he's not afraid of death (as Bane said he "welcome it"), he doesn't feel the need to try his hardest.

The rope signified that even of he fell, he wouldn't die, he'd be saved.

Removing it signified he was ready to "fight longer than possible", exceed any limits he placed on himself, and then, after the climb, he jumped further than possible, because fear had found him again.

Fear gives you adrenaline. It gives you that extra edge. If you don't care if you die or actively want to die, you won't have that edge. Or subconsciously you won't give it your all. That's my take of it. I didn't have a problem with that aspect, i just didn't like the way his broken spine was fixed.
Ok. That totally makes sense. Thanks.:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back