The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

You can’t deny, the voice certainly is memorable. For better or worse.
I've been binging Peaky Blinders (just finished s4) and it's funny how many Bane/Scarecrow scenes we get - lol.

Also, Hardy gets to **** on Aidan Gillen again in it.

Still think Javier Bardem would have been the better pick. Heck, even Dave Bautista-- I know he wasn't a proven actor at that point, but Nolan even admitted that he was considering hiring a wrestler/body builder and the ADR'ing the voice. Could have been Bautista's breakout role.

I couldn't imagine the trilogy without Hardy's Bane at this point.

And I think Bautista only giving a physical performance as Bane would've been a shame, knowing what a terrific actor he's turned out to be. It's his dream role, so maybe someday he'll get the chance. Eventually there will be another Bane on screen.

No doubt. I just don't think Hardy's Bane ever reached the heights of previous Nolan saga villains.

Maybe it's less a casting issue and more a writing issue.

that was eerily accurate hahaha.

in all seriousness, I really believe Bane has become such an iconic cinema villain. yes, Ledger Joker is THE villain, but Bane felt almost just as distinct and memorable to me. Just an incredible performance from Hardy, and you have to really understand how unique it is. Relying mostly on eyes, body language and that voice to give us something equally entertaining and terrifying. And he did that!

Last edited:
If Nolan really wants to be a legend he can give his Oscar acceptance speech in his Bane voice.

"Your precious award...gratefully accepted!"

No doubt. I just don't think Hardy's Bane ever reached the heights of previous Nolan saga villains.

Maybe it's less a casting issue and more a writing issue.

He's essentially the second most iconic villain in the series, right after Ledger's Joker.

I definitely don't see as many casual audience members talking about Ra's, Scarecrow or Two-Face as much as they do Bane.

Started go-thru the Bat pods last night, thanks...

Haven't listened since their inaugural SW season.

Started go-thru the Bat pods last night, thanks...

Haven't listened since their inaugural SW season.

Prepared to be disappointed in the TDK pod, they got two of the worst people to help cover it.

Tom Hardy better be the next actor from the Dark Knight Trilogy to get an Oscar.

The voice work needs to be celebrated. :o

After watching Oppenheimer, I’m choosing to believe that David Krumholtz would be Nolan’s Penguin, should Nolan ever decide to go for 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"