Arrow The Thea Queen/ Willa Holland thread

Oliver being the last Queen left and taking over the empire and rebuilding. Taking over Queen Consolidated.

Moira, Thea and Walter gotta go.

Thea's purpose is really being served down with Oliver reconnecting with his old life. She will become much less relevant with time. I'd rather they not keep her longer than she needs to be to serve a logical purpose. They did this with Chloe and Lana on Smallville. It dragged down the show.

Sounds to me like the obvious answer to that is to come up with a good purpose for her to move to once the subplot she originally served is sufficiently explored. In other words: character development.

No sense introducing introducing a whole new character if an old one could do just as well.

As for Oliver being 'the last Queen', there's no indication that this is the direction that the show intends to take. More to the point, getting rid of Thea, Moira and Walter would be getting rid of half the show's current supporting cast; which would be a major retool of the show - completely changing the character dynamics and story balance.

Seeing as how the show is pretty successful at the moment, I don't foresee the show making such a drastic change in a short period of time (i.e. not in the near future).

I think Willa could've made a good Mary Jane Watson instead of Shailene Garfield Woodley.

willa-holland-willa-holland-211044_380_571.jpg

They're both about the same age, but Willa has more model looks and is exquisitely beautiful.

Well, Roy Harper has quite a number of codenames - Red Arrow, Arsenal - that the writers can choose from; assuming he even appears in the show and becomes Oliver's sidekick (or some other vigilante). And while the writers have admitted they have some ideas of how to introduce the character (i.e. they haven't actually implemented any of it). Moreover, as evidenced by Merlyn and Laurel, just because they include a character doesn't mean they aren't going to retool said character.

That's true, but assuming the writers do things intentionally, there are an infinite number of nicknames Thea could have had, but they instead chose the name of Ollie's sidekick from comics. That means they intend to relate the two in some way. What way that is, we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds to me like the obvious answer to that is to come up with a good purpose for her to move to once the subplot she originally served is sufficiently explored. In other words: character development.

No sense introducing introducing a whole new character if an old one could do just as well.

As for Oliver being 'the last Queen', there's no indication that this is the direction that the show intends to take. More to the point, getting rid of Thea, Moira and Walter would be getting rid of half the show's current supporting cast; which would be a major retool of the show - completely changing the character dynamics and story balance.

Seeing as how the show is pretty successful at the moment, I don't foresee the show making such a drastic change in a short period of time (i.e. not in the near future).

There's only so long they can drag the family stuff out before it ultimately hinders the protagonist from developing.

Their purpose is relevant to his origins and to support that story. Basically, the 'Arrow Begins' phrase.

It's not like Arrow will be living with his mommy and sis during his glory days. It works now but they have to cut the ties eventually.. especially with Moira. She's a villain. Keeping Oliver oblivious to that for too long ruins it and makes him look inept.

Also, the show seems to be hinting that the Queen empire is destined to fall given that it was built on the suffering of others and corruption... and it's under the control of a corrupt head (Moira). I think they'll follow the storyline from the comics where Oliver loses all of his fortunes and becomes a street avenger... fighting for the common man.

Thanks for the new hot pics of her HR.

I think the "speedy" nickname is more of a nod/homage thing to the comics than anything else. I don't think Thea will become a hero.

It would actually make the show more explosive, though Walter may stay to be the evil step dad who tries to take Ollie's company from him. :woot:

Thea and Moira cant really see their purpose beyond season 1. They may lose some supporting characters but it would only bring other characters to the forefront like Roy, Felicity, Joanna, some other characters around Ollie's age group allowing him to be more independent.

Last edited:
Thea and Moira cant really see their purpose beyond season 1.

You keep saying this but I honestly can't understand what you mean. There are loads of story potential for those two characters.

Not really, I dont think I have said that before, when?:cwink: anyway I dont really want to see Thea dead, she could leave for University or something. And do some growing up . Come back to the city later, thats the other option besides death imo.

Moira, well she is played by the best actress in the show, would be sad to see her go but her character she has been involved really in some craptastic things, is beyond redemption & just need to be offed. Dont think that I dont like the characters, I dont really hate anyone in this show. I'm just trying to be realistic about their chances of survival here. The chances are pretty slim.

Last edited:
Not really, I dont think I have said that before, when?:cwink: anyway I dont really want to see Thea dead, she could leave for University or something. And do some growing up . Come back to the city later, thats the other option besides death imo.

Sorry. My bad. Did some back-searching and realised it was another poster; not you.

Moira, well she is played by the best actress in the show, would be sad to see her go but her character she has been involved really in some craptastic things, is beyond redemption & just need to be offed. Dont think that I dont like the characters, I dont really hate anyone in this show. I'm just trying to be realistic about their chances of survival here. The chances are pretty slim.

But even if that is the case, it would interesting to see her try. Say she is eventually caught/arrested/turns herself in after Oliver first finding out about her involvement in Robert Queen's death. Subsequently, despite being in prison, she tries to redeem herself and to get Oliver's forgiveness.

And to bring it back to Thea, since this is the Thea thread, say she isn't privy to the full details and Oliver decides to protect her from the truth. This would serve as a wedge in their relationship with Thea being angry at Oliver for tearing their family apart again.

But even if that is the case, it would interesting to see her try. Say she is eventually caught/arrested/turns herself in after Oliver first finding out about her involvement in Robert Queen's death. Subsequently, despite being in prison, she tries to redeem herself and to get Oliver's forgiveness.
And to bring it back to Thea, since this is the Thea thread, say she isn't privy to the full details and Oliver decides to protect her from the truth. This would serve as a wedge in their relationship with Thea being angry at Oliver for tearing their family apart again.

Fairly enough, you do have some good ideas there, like the prison storyline.:cwink:

I'm pretty certain they wont kill Thea off, she will be developed and become more involved in Ollie's Arrow activities.

I 100% approve of this threads existence and will be an avid follower of it :woot:

She's really gorgeous, especially with that dress in the latest episode.

Willa Is defently hottest babe on show.

After last night I wouldn't be surprised to see some Thea/Laurel fanfiction eventully
come online.

Thea thinking Moira cheated on robert and walter was begining of their attempts to Intergrate her more In Main story of show.

Thea may well die. I know a lot of people say they won't kill off a big star and the focal point for CW's teenage audience, but they would if it was written in from the start as a major plot point and the actress has only agreed to a season (possible given that she's cutting quite a career so far), or decided to quit. It's always MUCH more of a payoff in these kind of shows to have a dramatic exit (and basically a whole free episode) than to just let a cast member leave. As you saw with the female cop old friend of Ollie's who miraculously appeared out of nowhere, but is like she's been in it from the very start, characters can be easily brought in to replace any that might leave.

Thea strikes me as the kind of character that could be killed off to add depth to other characters. Imagine Tommy Merlyn killing her, what that would do for his character. What it would do for Roy Harper, and Ollie and Moira's characters.

I think the family thing comes to a head at the end of season 1. I think Tommy Merlyn takes his dad's mask before this season is done too. Not to say there won't be melodrama all the way through the shows life, there will. But Moira's secrets aren't going to stay secret for much longer etc. Thea will have a romance, and maybe something bad happens to her for the sake of Roy Harper's character. Personally I think she's here to stay, but I wouldn't rule out anyone dying in the first season, this is the time where they will kill someone off just to give Amell's character more depth.

On the subject of Willa Holland, what a cute girl, and the actress seems really nice in interviews too. Very likable.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm nearly caught up with all the Arrow episodes now. Only one behind I think. So at last I can re-enter these threads.

But... I think I've gotten bored of Willa Holland's character, or maybe the actress herself. She was cute to start with, but the more I've seen of her in this series, the more she actually reminds me of certain girls I know who act the same way and seem a bit flaky and superficial. There's something a bit annoying about her.

BTW, what happened to this poster Deathstroke who seems to have been banned since I last visited in here?

Ok, I'm nearly caught up with all the Arrow episodes now. Only one behind I think. So at last I can re-enter these threads.

But... I think I've gotten bored of Willa Holland's character, or maybe the actress herself. She was cute to start with, but the more I've seen of her in this series, the more she actually reminds me of certain girls I know who act the same way and seem a bit flaky and superficial. There's something a bit annoying about her.

BTW, what happened to this poster Deathstroke who seems to have been banned since I last visited in here?

For the first 17 episodes, I probably would've agreed with you. I thought she was pretty much just a spoiled brat who didn't care for anyone but herself and acted kind of bratty sometimes to get her way.

That was, until the end of "Salvation".

When she got upset because she felt responsible for letting Roy get caught by that killer, and Roy reiterated her own words right back at her on the TV ("I'm just a waste."), I felt kind of bad for her, because she seemed to feel really guilty for the situation Roy was in.

I think that moment was probably the first time on the show I've ever seen her genuinely care about anyone other than herself.

she's beautiful!! loved her in the oc.. being jealous of anyone who gets to meet her is an intense understatement!!!

Well, Thea does have "wicked aim," at least with a beer bottle, make of that what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"