Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 7 "Draw Back Your Bow" General Discussion

Who is going to give him the name Captain Boomerang? It sounds like something Cisco would call him.

I really don't have a problem with it, especially if it takes place later on in the series.

I'm the end game is for those two to be together, and it's good that they aren't rushing or forcing it down our throats yet.

Sure, but that's indifference, not an active desire.

It's not hard. It either sounds Australian or it doesn't. And from what little we heard, it (to me) didn't sound Australian.

I think it's tough to tell based on the limited sample size. I know it shouldn't be tough to tell, but I can't tell what it's supposed to be. Irish maybe?

Definitely hearing Irish, definitely not hearing Australian.

As for the whole Olicity argument, I'm not a fan, but just because a relationship isn't endgame doesn't mean it shouldn't be explored. I also watch Vampire Diaries (which, for a really tweenie show, happens to have far more mature romantic behaviour from its characters than Arrow) and the characters there have been all over the place with their relationships, but have also managed to change and evolve past previously 'world-shattering' loves. Hopefully Arrow can match that and have characters be truly in love, and also manage to change to a point that they no longer are when the partners change drastically and differently. It feels more adult than 'everyone has their soulmate and that will never change'. (The only case of that being even partially true in Arrow seems to be Ollie and Laurel, and whether or not that remains true is yet to be seen). I guess my point is, sometimes people grow together, sometimes they grow apart.

Last edited:
CB's accent sounded kind of Scottish to me.

it definitely didn't sound Australian, it sounded more irish/scottish to me

Who is going to give him the name Captain Boomerang? It sounds like something Cisco would call him.
That's got Cisco written all over it, unless they make a play on it with Caitlin.

Caitlin: I'm surprised you haven't come up with a name for this guy yet. Something outlandish like ...Captain Boomerang. :whatever:
Cisco:
icon_ile.gif

Caitlin: Oh, God. :doh:

Definitely hearing Irish, definitely not hearing Australian.

As for the whole Olicity argument, I'm not a fan, but just because a relationship isn't endgame doesn't mean it shouldn't be explored. I also watch Vampire Diaries (which, for a really tweenie show, happens to have far more mature romantic behaviour from its characters than Arrow) and the characters there have been all over the place with their relationships, but have also managed to change and evolve past previously 'world-shattering' loves. Hopefully Arrow can match that and have characters be truly in love, and also manage to change to a point that they no longer are when the partners change drastically and differently. It feels more adult than 'everyone has their soulmate and that will never change'. (The only case of that being even partially true in Arrow seems to be Ollie and Laurel, and whether or not that remains true is yet to be seen). I guess my point is, sometimes people grow together, sometimes they grow apart.

TVD is not more mature than Arrow in any way.

The little we heard of Captain Boomerang sounded to me like how he talked on Spartacus, whatever accent that was.

That's got Cisco written all over it, unless they make a play on it with Caitlin.

Caitlin: I'm surprised you haven't come up with a name for this guy yet. Something outlandish like ...Captain Boomerang. :whatever:
Cisco:
icon_ile.gif

Caitlin: Oh, God. :doh:

But that means he doesn't get named until the Flash/Arrow crossover, but isn't he going to be in the next episode of Arrow this week? Cisco isn't in that.

But that means he doesn't get named until the Flash/Arrow crossover, but isn't he going to be in the next episode of Arrow this week? Cisco isn't in that.

There is no episode this week due to this wednesday being the day before Thanksgiving.

The little we heard of Captain Boomerang sounded to me like how he talked on Spartacus, whatever accent that was.

Yeah, when you listen to that scene, it sounds like his Ashur voice, but how modern people talk. Compare it to how he talks in interviews...

[YT]AKMI2f1xkA0[/YT]

[YT]ECJY26nijhg[/YT]

There is no episode this week due to this wednesday being the day before Thanksgiving.

So Captain Boomerang won't show up until the Flash/Arrow crossover? Or maybe he's not in that at all and they take a break from that storyline?

Also, is there the Flash this week?

The actor is Lebanese? I could see a Lebanese accent being what it is?

So Captain Boomerang won't show up until the Flash/Arrow crossover? Or maybe he's not in that at all and they take a break from that storyline?

Also, is there the Flash this week?

Yes, there's a Flash this week so the crossover syncs up.

Captain Boomerang is the villain in the crossover, well the Arrow half. Rainbow Raider is the villain in the Flash half.

Yes, there's a Flash this week so the crossover syncs up.

Captain Boomerang is the villain in the crossover, well the Arrow half. Rainbow Raider is the villain in the Flash half.

Okay thanks.

So Cisco has to be the one to come up with the Captain Boomerang name.

But won't they wonder why he keeps coming up with "Captain" everything? Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang... and before that he had Captain Clone before coming up with Multiplex.

Why in the case of Multiplex did he feel that he could come up with something better, but with Cold and Boomerang, "Captain" was acceptable for him and the rest of the Starlabs team?

Perhaps he'll call Ray Palmer "Captain Atom" :o

I can see why they don't use the villain names on the show very much...sooo many of them are incredibly corny and horrible.

I was not a fan of this episode.

Cupid didn't seem like a credible threat to me. And I also thought it was poor villain development for Cupid to go from stalker like behaviour with her former partner to a murderer, especially when the Arrow is (now) against killing his enemies. I really didn't see how Cupid, even being mentally disturbed, would consider murder to be the way to win the Arrow's affections.

I also thought it was bizarre that Oliver was seeking advice on how to stop Cupid. It seemed pretty clear to me - put an arrow through her shoulder or leg. Or knock her out with his fist or bow. The exchange with Cupid's former psychiatrist about her mental condition seemed to be completely irrelevant to the final confrontation and resolution.

And it's a little strange that people in the Arrowverse can become extremely talented at different disciplines in relatively short periods of time. Six months is a decent amout of time and Cupid obviously had her police force training, but she was still supposedly a challenge for Arrow and easily took down Roy.

The forced Oliver and Felicity scenes seemed very out of place to me. Without seeing how they supposedly fell in love over the six month period between seasons, I just don't buy that Oliver feels that way about Felicity. And I thought that Felicity had gotten over her feelings for Oliver a long time ago or at the very least when Sara re-appeared and shacked up with Oliver. Diggle's interference also seemed out of place. As did Oliver's apparent expectation that Felicity should work her 9 to 5 job to pay the bills and then come and work each and every evening doing Team Arrow activities. Oliver may have a magical source of funds even though he's supposedly so broke he has to live in the Arrow Cave (unless he did move into Thea's apartment), but others like Felicity and Roy still need to earn a living.

I didn't mind the developments between Felicity and Ray, although I find it odd that Felicity is so trusting of Ray's motivations given her life experience, especially with the likes of Isabelle Rochev. I also wish they'd more openly address how inappropriate his initial stalker-like behaviour was.

The Thea scenes all seemed out of place this week. And while the guy from Home Alone is looking healthier these days, I really didn't buy any chemistry between them or that Thea would let her guard down enough to allow him to kiss her.

For me, season 3 isn't living up to the high standard set by season 2. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

Last edited:
The show needs to be less Smallville and more Nikita. The show use to have a drive to it and was filled with secrets, mystique, and a darker edge. You always had this sense that you couldn't tell exactly who was good and who was bad. It was much more cloak and danger. And I get it, shows do evolve and change but the series has really gone from being a compelling show to being Smallville circa season 5,6 , and 7. Hopefully Ra's will shake things up .

This season just lacks the consistent through line and drive that the first two had, at least thus far. It's just kind of meandering and all over the place, and a lot of the storylines aren't all that interesting. The Ra's/LOA stuff, whatever Merlyn is doing, and Ray's secret agenda, those are the interesting ones. And they're all in the background.

The actress who played Cupid is gorgeous but she was a really cheesy villain. I also agree that this season lacks the focus of the first two. Sara's murder and the Ra's stuff seem to be the most central plots, but they've been throwing so much other stuff in there that it feels like it lacks focus. Sticking with it though of course... there's more good than bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"