The Turtle Hermit: Master Roshi Discussion Thread

JP, I thought we weren't allowed to post those links?

Those are OK, at least until Fox asks Mirko for them to be taken down.

When is Fox going to give us official set pics of high quality? :(

Big meh for me. He looks boring and uninteresting. . . and the complete opposite of anything Master Roshi ever was.
Yeah, the picture just looks like how I would imagine Chow Yun Fat on the set when he takes a break in between filming scenes.

initially, i thought that was the case. i thought the pictures of Yun Fat were just out-of-character pictures and they were gonna put on some makeup to make him look more like Roshi. hell, at this point Chow looks more like Roshi in PotC3 just because he was bald and had facial hair.

chow_yun-fat_pirates.jpg

maybe they didn't want Chow to have the same features as he did in Pirates, but that's a dumb reason to change Roshi's look, imo.

Kinda disapointing if he aint gonna be rockin the baldness and beard. :csad: Hopefully his performance will make up 4 it.

I still think Roshi will be bald and sport the white beard...We havent seen an offical pic of him yet

yeah hes in costume here. http://dragonballfilm.over-blog.com/photo-1094148-15019_jpg.html

looks like roshi's just bulletproof monk 2... weird

i don't see it. if you're referring to the picture of him in high class robes, i'm pretty sure that's from "Anna and the King".

i totally agree that he looks like Bulletproof Monk again. i actually thought the same thing, i just didn't voice it.

I still think Roshi will be bald and sport the white beard...We havent seen an offical pic of him yet
i can see the facial hair, but Chow didn't cut his hair and i doubt they'd put a bald cap on him when he's shaven his hair for roles before.

I think they decided to do a not to old Roshi, because Roshi is like 300 years old due he drank the elixir of eternal life, and that is not so realistic for the movie, I actually going to dislike it after the movie if they also had taken away his personality, i can accept a change of look in Roshi, but not his personality.

thing is...even if they're trying to realistic the movie all up, they could have still kept the old look to Roshi. it's not like he has to be 300 y/o. they could have made him 50 or 60 years old. they made Robin Shou (47) look like he's in his 50's for the Street Fighter movie, so i really don't see why they couldn't have done the same for Roshi.

I think they decided to do a not to old Roshi, because Roshi is like 300 years old due he drank the elixir of eternal life, and that is not so realistic for the movie, I actually going to dislike it after the movie if they also had taken away his personality, i can accept a change of look in Roshi, but not his personality.
How in gods name is anybody going to take a "realistic" Dragonball seriosly?! I'm sorry i love Dragonball but i have a strong feeling this movie is going 2 suck, but im trying 2 keep the faith!!

It doesn't seem like they're trying to be realistic. The movie involves (I assume) Flying, Ki Blasts, and wishing on magical orbs. Really, it just seems lazy, or they really hate old people. Weren't they trying to make piccolo younger? CYF should've fought just like Marsters did.

Maybe they are going with the look of Jackie Chun (Master Roshi's disguise)

^^ amazing :wow:

Again this movie had a 45-50 million shooting budget which is kinda low because this budget incorporates costumes, set pieces, make up etc. before postproduction.

I am betting that bulk of the money is going to visual effects.

I`ll wait for a trailer before I judge how Chow looks as Roshi

Again this movie had a 45-50 million shooting budget which is kinda low because this budget incorporates costumes, set pieces, make up etc. before postproduction.

Dude, you are making no sense. Stop it.

I like the pic, Dorky.

Because they need a couple million to make someone bald and have a beard....

Looks like in the scan w/ Roshi that Adam has on his website he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"