The "Ultimate DC Universe" RPG, Season 3.0: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

And there goes Flash, off the roster...

Dammit. I forgot you haven't given me the password to the Ultimate account yet :(

...They already are...

:huh:

But in a way more presentable. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any of the Ultimized characters thus far, but I don't think most people even have read that or actually know of it with how it is displayed.

Most people see that it is the "Ultimate" DC RPG, thus it is whatever they want to do with a DC character and their mythos. Yes, that is true, but certain guidelines and histories have been placed as well.

Dammit. I forgot you haven't given me the password to the Ultimate account yet :(

You don't get one. Have you seen the front page? I see no GL under GM or AGM.

EDIT: MB, you *****. Why'd you change it?!?! You should have fired his ass like I did.

But in a way more presentable. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any of the Ultimized characters thus far, but I don't think most people even have read that or actually know of it with how it is displayed.

Most people see that it is the "Ultimate" DC RPG, thus it is whatever they want to do with a DC character and their mythos. Yes, that is true, but certain guidelines and histories have been placed as well.

I suppose I could try and get them reposted. But, due to character lengths that forced us to break the post into two in the first place, it'd be extremely difficult. Plus, if I tried to move them to this thread outright, they'd be over the first post, and BnKRPG would become the threadmaker.

You don't get one. Have you seen the front page? I see no GL under GM or AGM.

EDIT: MB, you *****. Why'd you change it?!?! You should have fired his ass like I did.

^
:cwink:

I actually read those posst when I was coming up with an idea of how Zatanna would use magic. Instead of the conventional magic, I made it so that it was actually scientific manipulation of the elements practiced in a martial arts form, which I didn't really elaborate much upon in my IC posts, but the point is that people should read those posts so that people can add special twists to the powers/histories of the characters they ultimize.:)

It depends on the scenario. PM me your idea.

It was early on, and I just flat out ignored them.
I don't really have a plan persay. I'm pretty much an open book. If you just give me some ideas on how he could work, I'm sure I'd find one that I could work with. :up:

I suppose I could try and get them reposted. But, due to character lengths that forced us to break the post into two in the first place, it'd be extremely difficult. Plus, if I tried to move them to this thread outright, they'd be over the first post, and BnKRPG would become the threadmaker.

You have to move it? You cannot simply add in a post to the first page as Mod? Also, what would be hard about editing them in exactly? I'd imagine with the 'Switch Editor Mode' when you edit posts, it would be simple.

It isn't a super big deal, really. Just something I noticed when I was going back through the first Season OOC thread.

Screenname: celestial guard
Character You Would Like To Play: Cyborg (Hank Henshaw)
Basic History Of The Character: Henshaw was a decorated Pilot during Desert Storm. He also flew many missions during the subsequent return to Iraq and Kuwait during Operation Enduring Freedom. It was during a dogfight over Iraq that Henshaw’s F/A18 Hornet was shot down. Found alive, but in need of severe medical treatment Henshaw was taken back to the United States where he eagerly signed up for Project Cadmus.

While at the Cadmus Project, Henshaw’s body was rebuilt using bionic parts. The bionics used to replace the eyes, arms and legs of Henshaw along with the genetic manipulation from the Cadmus scientists allowed Henshaw to develop “superhuman powers” along the lines of Superman. Unknown to Henshaw, the goal of Project Cadmus was to create a superhuman on par with Superman should they ever need to eliminate him. The psycho-indoctrination portion of the program has given Henshaw a complete hatred of the man of Steel, which ironically he has never met. Henshaw believes that if Superman did not exist he would have been allowed to die instead of become the cybernetic construct he is today.

Henshaw eyes have been replaced with constructs which allow for high heat lasers (heat vision), vision in infra red, ultra violet, and lowlight conditions, micro and macro-vision allowing him to see anything from a microscopic organism to Saturn with only his eyes, as well and the ability to x-ray an object just by looking at it. His arms and legs allow for up to 4 tons to be lifted by his frame, which is in turn supported in the organic sections of his body by a reinforced skeletal structure. These adaptations also give Henshaw the ability to travel up to mach two on land. Henshaws hands have various uplinks hidden in them to allow him to uplink to any electronic interface and download, upload or simply work on that particular system. He has become very adept a using these interfaces effortlessly. One side effect of the genetic manipulation given to Henshaw allowed him the gift of telekinesis. This power is however limited to his own body. He is able to fly as Superman would and uses the power regularly as a mode of transportation.

Since his activation as an agent of Project Cadmus, Henshaw has been given the designation Cyborg. He was offered a team of elites, but turned down the offer. Instead Henshaw uses his Sentry Squadron, which is comprised of robotic duplicates of himself, during missions where support is needed. The Sentry Squadron robots have all the powers of Henshaw, but must use a propulsion system for flight. These robotic assistants are linked to Henshaw via an open communication system on a scrambled frequency which allows him to communicate directly to them without speaking a word. Each Sentry robot is capable of independant though due to a limited AI system developed by Henshaw. This AI is limited at the current time to combat functions.

Henshaw has obtained a modest living on the side as a programmer which has allowed him to make a small fortune in order to live. Though not extravagant by any means it suits him. After all the government pays for the "cool toys" he oftem invents or customises for missions.

Henshaw is a very cunning operative who uses everything around him to his advantage. He has learned from everything that he can read, participate in, or download. The storage of this information in the electronic section of his brain allows him to adapt quickly to overcome an adversary. Henshaw has learned every combat style on record making him a fierce hand-to-hand combatant. He is skilled in the use of many military weapons and vehicles. He is a vicious man that does not allow for defeat, which may be his only weakness. This vicious streak is why he wears the “S” shield of Superman. In his mind the “S” stands for superior.
Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:
1. Cyborg is used as a villain of the month, which usually sees his defeat due to something rather stupid.
2. To give him a sense of humanity that has never been explored due to him being made a psychopath in most stories.
3. He is a great character with lots of potential.
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): I plan to give Henshaw a more human base as a character. By eliminating the faux Fantastic Four voyage of his space ship I am re-writing his origin using real world events. He will feel like any other person, but due to the government conditioning will have many obstacles to face including his own morals and personal feelings. He will be as much a man as he is a soldier for his country.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I wish to bring a new understanding of the human factor when facing adversity and the consequences of one’s actions in those moments leading to his own gritty edge. The second thing I plan to bring forth is attempt to humanize a character that has been repeatedly used as a throw away villain by giving him a blend of the comic version mixed with an ordinary person dealing with his own issues.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Red arial font

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

The days here numbered. They don’t know what’s about to hit them and that’s the way I like to operate. I sit in the sky silently laughing to myself because they never look up. Tiny ants going about their daily lives on the ground without even a wonder of what may be lurking above, constantly looking forward on the ground suspecting no danger. What is it they say? That only happens to the other guy…

The Sentries have provided me with much needed intel about the target. I know when to strike, the window is nearly upon me. I silently lower myself behind the tool shed in the middle of the complex. I used my own uplinks to control the cameras days ago. With a mental command they move to hide my passing.

The guard is nearly upon me. I step out. He sees the “S”. It is the last thing he ever sees as I burnout his retinas with the lasers from my own. “I’m not him,”
I say as I walk calmly to my destination, "he would have asked…”
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:

ms2.jpg

Screenname: Karem-Knight

Character You Would Like To Play: General Zod/ Dru Zod

Basic History Of The Character
: Once Krypton’s greatest solider, he soon fell from grace after he was framed for the destruction/disappearance of the city of Kandor, sentenced to the Phantom Zone for life, his home planet soon fell victim to destruction, with only one child left, who was to live on Earth. After escaping the Phantom Zone after 20 years, Zod found the co-ordinates of the planet and intends to get his revenge the only way he now could, by killing the Last Son of Krypton.

1. After much development with him, I’m finally ready to bring him onto the Earth and fight his archenemy.

2. He’s an awesome character that I wanted to bring to ultimate continuity

3. He’s an evil Superman, nuff said.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?): His look is much different, as well as his personality, keeping the calm and collected version we are used to, but much more violent and “war vet” like.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A good villain arc for Zod, showing his confrontation on Earth, and the eventual demise of his character.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Franklin Gothic Medium.

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

Somewhere between Earth and Krypton

General Zod sat down in a small containable star ship that could barely fit him and his loyal soldiers inside, all three of them wearing their solider uniform that they had just found, on the Phantom Zone where the guards were supposed to where. Of course now there was no one to guard it, Krypton had been destroyed, Ursa and Non were heart braked by the destruction, their friends and family had died beneath their eyes. But Zod, he was only upset because all his dreams of power were now over, but perhaps there might be a chance on this new planet.

The three of them had spent almost weeks on this journey, but due to the serum they took when they entered the Phantom Zone had the effect of never having to eat or drink ever again, it even increased stamina and the body was kept in an ageless state till it started detonating at the age of one hundred years old.

The ship was always kept quiet, the three of them had to much to go though, the chance that the ship could explode was extremely likely, Non had to be careful, sometimes go for nights without sleep, as did Ursa and Zod.

They're journey would soon come to an end, when all of a sudden all the radars started beeping like mad.

"What is it?"

Zod asked.

"I don't know..."

"NON!?"

"General, we need to prepare for landing!"

The thought came from no where, soon the three of them braced themselves for the impact.

Within seconds they saw the image that they had hoped to see for so long;

EarthAS17.jpg

Just like the hologram, they're one reason to live, hunt and kill the son of Jor El, Kal El. They had no idea what effect the yellow sun would have on them, it was their one risk, their one gamble and it was about to pay off.

"HOLD TIGHT!"

Soon they went into the atmosphere, heading down the south of the planet, towards the co ordinates to the proposed "time capsule" the ship was shaking, catching fire quickly, the heat was everywhere, though strangely, it didn't feel as bad as some would think. Plumping to the earth at a great speed, they soon a flashing image of a snowy area as they're ship went down towards it.

20050825-meteor-artist-impression-110436.jpg

BOOM!

The ship crashed into the snow, if this were anyone else, they would be dead.
The three of them, slowly they got out the ship, steadily onto the snow, they had no bruises, no wounds, not even a scratch on them.

When the got off the wreckage, they all felt, lighter and more powerful then anything around them. Soon they saw the fortress which was set up on this land many years ago.

"Where are we?"

"Our new home."

fortress.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/karemknight/?action=view&current=Zod2.jpg

btw Spike and Andy C I have an idea, I'll IM you when you're online.

MST, celestial guard, Karem -

batman1andahalfra8.png

Screenname: Karem-Knight

Character You Would Like To Play: Detective Jim Corrigan

Basic History Of The Character: GCPD for the past ten years of his life, Jim is a corrupt and sociopath of a cop, battling a cocaine addiction, as well as alcoholism. Jim has become part of Capitan Gordon's "Untouchables" inside it as a rat for Tony Zucco, now with his wife and children running away from him, all that Jim has is his job.

1. I've been planning Jim's eventual decent into the Spectre since last season.

2. Two good cops, one bad is in order.

3. It's fun playing as a cop.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?):
Corrigan is a much more corrupt version of his DCU counterpart, offering more aggressive and violent edge to the character.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A good interesting police arc/morality tail, as well as The Spectre.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Verdana bold, Dark Green.

Det. Jim Corrigan GCPD

One Month Ago:

Sitting down on the couch, I pick up the phone, I've phoned Jennie's parents in Metropolis, her sister in Keystone, her brother in downtown Gotham, her best friend in Chicago, not a single one of them told me where she was. Guess they wouldn't want to tell me, after what she made me do, you can argue anyway you like but, I warned her.

Right now though, I don't care, I just want to see Billy and Diana one more time, every child needs a father, sure my dad was tougher on me then most kids, but sometimes **** happens.

I've been sitting here, hours coming back from the hospital, diagnosis? More sleep, like that's going to help me, great ****ing thinking there Doc, now what about my kids? Ever thought of that.

The phone all of a sudden rings, launching for it I answer it, swinging to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Jim."

"Jennie!"

For once, I'm glad to hear her voice, putting the cigarate in the ashtray, she gets straight to the point.

"Listen Jim, this better be quick."

"Look, please Jennie, just give me another chance, I'll quit the coke, the booze, hell, I'll even give up smoking. But please, don't take away the kids, Jennie."

"Oh for god's sake Jim, this isn't going to happen, you and I both know it. How many times have you promised it to us? How many times has it all turned out the same way? Answer me Jim?"

"Look, I know I ****ed up..."

"Yeah, you got that right!"

"I'm sorry! But please, it's to much, don't let me..."

"I'm going Jim..."

"JENNIE! DON'T HANG UP ON ME, I'M A ****ING COP! I'LL TRACK YOU DOWN AND I SWEAR JENNIE, I WILL ****-"

"YEAH? Just try Jim! I'm at the airport now, and my plane's leaving in ten minutes, you can travel the whole United States for all I care, you won't find me! The kids will be better off without you ****ing ****!""

She hung up, the busy tone of the line, as I drop the phone onto the floor.

Kneeling on the floor, no, why does this happen! WHY WHY!

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I tear the room apart, all my rage inside my hands and fists, throwing it down, destroying it as much as I can, leaving everything in shreds, half an hour non stop, taking out my anger on every last bit of that ****e's memory in the apartment.

Finally I fall on my knees, weeping, weeping like a girl, crying and crying, all of a sudden, I hear that voice in my head,the soft echoey whisper of that of some creature, over and over again. "REPENT!"

"REPENT!"

corrigan.jpg
spectrefinal.png

'ULTIMATE DC UNIVERSE' RPG Application.

Screenname: Lord Doom

Character You Would Like To Play: Theo Adam a.k.a. Teth-Adam a.k.a Black Adam

Basic History Of The Character:
Theo Adam was a former slave in ancient Egypt. He managed to escape captivity and fled into the deserts where he joined a group of bandits. Later, he returned to his homeland and, going under the name Re Atam, became a high-ramking military officer. Eventually, he rose to the rank of General, becoming the most powerful warrior in the land. Adam was finally allowed a meeting with the pharoh to whom he revealed his true identity before beating him to near death. Right before Adam inflicted the killing blow to the defeated pharoh, Adam was approached by the wizard Shazam. Shazam told Adam that, in return for sparing the pharoh's life and leading Egypt into an age of peace and prosperity, the wizard would grant Adam with the powers of the gods. Adam agreed and was given the ability to transform into Teth-Adam, the World's Mightiest Mortal.
Adam did as he promised and freed the pharoh, afterwhich Adam became Egypt's new ruler and led his people into and age of prosperity. Later, Adam fell in love and got married. He had two children with his beloved wife and lived happily for a long period of time. When Adam is called away to negotiate a peace treaty, he returns to find his homeland in ruins, his wife raped and murdered, and his children impaled on pikes at the top of Adam's castle. And enraged Adam is horrified to find that the culprits are the very same bandits he befriended years ago, now led by the former pharoh seeking revenge. Adam uses his powers to slaughter the bandits, the pharoh, and everyone in the city. He blamed them for not rising up against the murders.
Shocked at the actions of Egypt's former-champion, Shazam confronts Adam who blames the wizard for allowing the pharoh to escape in the first place. After a climactic battle, Adam is entombed in a magical sarcofacuss, never to return.

1. He's a badass.

2. I've got some awesome ideas for the character.

3. I just got through reading 52. 'Nuff said.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you 'utlimizing' him or her?):
I'm going to take the Golden version and current version of the character and combining them, along with some original ideas I've had. He's won't be too different from how he is in the current DC comics, but there ARE a few new ways I intend on going with the character.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
First of all, I can bring good, exciting role-playing and a friendly attitude. Secondly, I can bring... umm... Cheese...?
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Franklin Gothic Medium Bold

Ward Owens, owner of the Natural History Museum was finishing his evening rounds when he suddenly became drawn to the black and gold sarcofacuss behind well-polished glass.

"So many years, and now I finally have you..." he replied with an air of wonder. He noticed the words inscribed on the side of the ancient tomb and read them aloud.

"'Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, Mehen... Together release this form again. Mankind you will forever damn, if you speak the name... SHAZAM!'"

Suddenly, the tomb began to shake and an unearthly light emerged from the sarcofacuss. A well-muscled man with black hair, a skin-tight black outfit with a golden lighting bolt emblazoned on his chest, and a white, gold-rimmed cape stood before the stunned museum owner.

"You..." he spoke in low, and powerful voice. The museum owner glanced around nervously then pointed at himself.

"ME??" he asked.

"Tell me the time and the name of my current location, and you shall be rewarded."

Owens grinned.

"It's January 26th, 2008. And we're in New York's Natural History Museum."

The black-garbed stranger suddenly grabbed Owens by the throat and lifted him into the air.

"Butt... ACK... You said you'd REWARD ME...!"

The stranger nodded.

"This is your reward. You may die at the hands of a TRUE champion. Few gain this hornor."

With very little effort, the stranger snapped Owens' neck and tossed him to the floor.

I hope so.

^ Thanks, MB. So is a new IC thread gonna be made, or are we just gonna use the old one?

IC thread will be up Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"