World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show is not bad but it isn't great either. Some episodes are just God awful but others are pretty good. I think this show would be better if they left spidey alone not liking the team up idea

This show is not bad but it isn't great either. Some episodes are just God awful but others are pretty good. I think this show would be better if they left spidey alone not liking the team up idea
This show would be better if they actually followed the Ultimate Spider-Man comics! (With some differences, inb4 Pete dying.)

I've just watched a few episodes of this.

It's alright but a little overboard with the Scott Pilgram style cut aways and his constant wit is also a tad irritating.

Spidah-Man?
Japanese Spider-Man in the next episode?

Spidah-Man?
Japanese Spider-Man in the next episode?

hopeless, absolutely hopeless... I have completely given up on this show...

what a joke, what a waste and what a shame that THIS is what the PTB decided to go with in exchange for TSSM animated...

what a loss allaround for all of us... :csad:

I'm the guy who quit watching after three episodes. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I decided to take a look at the Sinister Six episode. Just a peak. And...yeah. This show still sucks.

Okay, it's not all bad. During 'Spectacular' I started to imagine an episode down the line where Spidey would fight the Six again, but this time he'd bring along some of his friends like Black Cat, Molten Man, and maybe Prowler. So I thought I'd see how 'Ultimate' pulled off that set-up, and we did at least get a fight between Spidey's team and the Six. I got bored with the episode pretty fast (the chibi cutaways persist...), so I fast-forwarded to the fight between the two teams. When the gang arrives, the match-ups fit nicely: The flyers (Nova vs. Beetle), the powerhouses (Power Man vs. Rhino), the animals (White Tiger vs. Kraven) and the energy guys (Iron Fist vs. Electro).

Onto the bad. The theme of the episode, such as it is, appears to be whether Spidey or Doc Ock is the better leader. You know the best way to find that out? WHICH TEAM WINS. It's that simple. But instead, the script tries to find out by showing who can command their lemmings better. Although the fight is going okay, Spidey tries to show off to Ock how he can dish out orders by telling his guys to "switch opponents!" What for? The only reason to do something like that is if your side is losing and you need to trip up the enemy's flow; all Spidey's likely to do is mess up his own guys. And how do these guys know who to switch with? A fight that's going perfectly could have been ruined because Spidey was showing off. And don't they have some team lingo by now? Like why can't Spidey yell "Vatican Cameos" or something so everybody can do what they practiced without the bad guys knowing? The whole fight was just incredibly sloppy and poorly staged. It reminded me of the first season of 'Iron Man' in the 90's, like it was written by a kid. We know that super-hero action can be better than this, we've seen it on a dozen other shows.

Speculations of who Carnage might be:
1. Flash Thompson(possibility because this show made Harry Osborn to be Venom)
2. Aunt May
3. Nick Fury
4. Iron Fist
5. White Tiger
6. Power-Man/Luke Cage
7. Nova
8. Peter Parker/Spider-Man
9. Agent Coulson
10. Stan Lee/Janitor

Speculations of who Carnage might be:
1. Flash Thompson(possibility because this show made Harry Osborn to be Venom)
2. Aunt May
3. Nick Fury
4. Iron Fist
5. White Tiger
6. Power-Man/Luke Cage
7. Nova
8. Peter Parker/Spider-Man
9. Agent Coulson
10. Stan Lee/Janitor
And we're certain it won't be Cletus Kassidy? :huh:

And we're certain it won't be Cletus Kassidy? :huh:
If Eddie Brock in this won't be Venom, and I do remember one episode described a challenge between Eddie and MJ to get the job at the Bugle....

any word on when the toys come out ?

What toys you referring to? The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon toys? They've been out here for a few months now (southern California) I've picked up a few for my Spidey collection. Nothing really that great, kinda spendy, and they're not moving very well off the shelves.

Keep On Thwipin'!!!
Sam

They even have a line of Zazzle blind bag toys which I was a little disappointed about because it didn't bother to have Principal Coulson or White Tiger but the Fighter Pods line has EVERYONE! Everyone includes Coulson, White Tiger, Doctor Strange, Doom and even some I don't remember being on the show yet...

I assume Eddie Brock will be Carnage but I do really like the idea of Coulson being a bad guy in one of the properties...I know Secret Avengers is going a bit more grey than the other appearances especially with Black Widow and Hawkeye turning him down initially.

I can't wait for us to finally have a new show! Plus, I have the day off so I can actually watch live.

What toys you referring to? The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon toys? They've been out here for a few months now (southern California) I've picked up a few for my Spidey collection. Nothing really that great, kinda spendy, and they're not moving very well off the shelves.

Keep On Thwipin'!!!
Sam

oh ok we haven't gotten them here yet
other than this big blocky 80's style doll with no articulation other than legs, arms and his head 20 bucks for that is pathetic in this day and age

Here is a brief storyline of how Eddie Brock turns into Carnage:

Eddie Brock gets mad that J. Jonah Jameson chooses Marry Jane for the job. Eddie Brock goes to Oscorp to ask for help. Norman Osborn accepts his request and unleashes the new and improved Carnage Symbiote on to him. Eddie Brock gets consumed by the symbiote and turns into Carnage.

if the ep hasn't aired yet, you might want to black all that out... spoilers, y' know...

That was my speculation of how Eddie Brock will turn into Carnage, it's not spoilers from the episode.

if any one want to find out who carnage is just go check out tvline .com they sneak peek

if any one want to find out who carnage is just go check out tvline .com they sneak peek
I haven't read the Ultimate comics but i've heard that that's how it happens in their origins for Carnage. I really hope they do Carnage right this time (which IMO it won't happen)

That would imply the show's writers actually have a good sense of humor.

It's actually about Spidey fighting crime in Boston.
That to you, is the implication that the show's writers had a sense of humor...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"