Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

i agree. What I thought was rushed was just that one seen on top of Alchemax. The rest of the issue was well paced, I was just hoping for more of a fight between Spidey and GG.

The entire series was worth it for that "man-purse" page. I'm not kidding.

the man-purse line and the one about goblin's true colours were classic spidey

I really like Superior Spider-man. But I think issue 31 should have been a real double-sized issue. It was a bit anti-climatic to me.

About MJ, I don't see her as cold. Her reaction makes sense to me.

A couple of notes:

-Norman's Goblin powers were taken, but there has been no mention of his Super Adaptoid powers.
-MJ's reaction kinda fits with her poor characterization through out the Superior arc. She's acted like she never really knew Peter at all...which is pretty stupid.
-Anyone else get the Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75 vibe out of this issue? (Norman tries to blow up a building and TWO Spider-Men stop him.) Talk about rehashing storylines...

Other than that, I did enjoy the issue. Norman's realization that Peter was back in control was priceless.

Question from a scene in issue 31. It appears to me Spidey will still be with the Avengers based upon a line with Captain America. Cap said "I thought you quit" and Spidey repied "me quit?" Anyone else expect him to remain with the Avengers?

When you post a reply look to the toolbar above the text box. You're see a smiley with a black bar across his eyes. Highlight the text you want tagged and click that icon. It wraps spoiler in brackets around your selected text. The ninja is blackout, youtube is self explainatory and the S is a line through the text aka Strikeout. :up:

Thanks, worked!

I really enjoyed this run right up until the final comic. It was anti-climatic. I still look forward to having Peter back though.

Question from a scene in issue 31. It appears to me Spidey will still be with the Avengers based upon a line with Captain America. Cap said "I thought you quit" and Spidey repied "me quit?" Anyone else expect him to remain with the Avengers?

I hope not. Spider-Man works best as a loner.

Yeah he should a loner. Never felt right being an Avenger.

I hope not. Spider-Man works best as a loner.

Indeed! I always felt Bendis's's Avengers re-think was dragging Marvel too far into DC territory. Marvel never had a "Justice League" and never needed one.

(Oddly enough, this is why I hope Sony keeps Spidey's movie rights, I don't want to see Peter working for Fury or being on the team or whatever.)

I totally agree with everyone, the highlight of this issue was Goblin realizing it was the real Pete with the "man purse" quip! :up: :woot:

Also agree that I think Spidey & Goblin encounter felt a bit rushed. When I picked up the issue, I thought is was a double size issue. But that was due to the epilogue and the Silver Surfer preview.

Speaking of the epilogue, as I said, I HATED MJ's reaction! HATE HATE HATE!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad: It was a blemish unfortunately on what was undoubtedly a great run that Dan gave us.

And yes, I think part of the point of this arc was to get Pete back to hard luck loner, but it seemed they backpedaled on that a bit. I know I'm in the minority, but I did like Spidey being an Avenger. This is what got me back into the Marvel Universe as a whole (in addition to the movies & stuff like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.). Though I agree, Bendis did write him too much immature.

I really wish Spider-Man was part of the MCU.

I think the early and mid 00's was the worst period for Spider-Man as a character ever. The Raimi movies re-imagined him as this total dork and it slowly crawled its way into the comics. Anywhere from the 60s to the 90s, Spider-Man would be the wisecracking outcast in team environments and in a way, to us, the fans, would be too COOL for teams! He'd even occasionally lose his temper and freak out. Then post New Avengers, every time Spider-Man would be on teams, he'd be treated like AND act like "the annoying little brother" as I've called it. I HATE that.

Just imagine Spider-Man as he was before movies and JMS and Bendis etc in the 2000 video game for PS1. Joking, cocky, good at what he does. Then think of the years that went by culminating in "Web Of Shadows" where he sonds like Milhouse, cries about Mary Jane and Luke Cage has to teach "the geek" how to fight.

Blech!

I don't necessarily mind if he continues with the Avengers, I always felt Cap had respect for him. But I think he deserves that from the rest as well.

I just don't like Spider-Man always running to the Avengers or FF when the s**t hits the fan. I used to despise when he did that in the early days of Venom. He's so much more better than that. He can get out of any situation with either strength, wit or brains.

I just don't like Spider-Man always running to the Avengers or FF when the s**t hits the fan. I used to despise when he did that in the early days of Venom. He's so much more better than that. He can get out of any situation with either strength, wit or brains.

Aloha,
I think the solution for Peter at this point is to go back to being a Reserve Avenger-FF etc. This way he can have access to the technology that he needs without directly relying on the teams for support. It should be interesting to see what happens to Parker Industries.Since he's stated in Superior #31 that he is going to announce that he is severing all ties with Spider-Man regarding tech development, this would be a perfect reason for Spidey to go to these other sources of tech.
Just as Ben Reilly brought new tech to the Spidey mythos, so has Otto. I'd like to see Peter incorporate both contributions to his arsenal.

Question: Is this latest Amazing Spider-Man considered Volume 3?

Spidey rules

Last edited:
Aloha,
I think the solution for Peter at this point is to go back to being a Reserve Avenger-FF etc. This way he can have access to the technology that he needs without directly relying on the teams for support. It should be interesting to see what happens to Parker Industries.Since he's stated in Superior #31 that he is going to announce that he is severing all ties with Spider-Man regarding tech development, this would be a perfect reason for Spidey to go to these other sources of tech.
Just as Ben Reilly brought new tech to the Spidey mythos, so has Otto. I'd like to see Peter incorporate both contributions to his arsenal.

If the past few years have proven anything, it's that Peter Parker doesn't need others to rely on for technology. It's the other way around.

One of my favorite scenes in the past few years involving Peter Parker didn't even take place in one of his own comics. It was in X-Men when Beast was consulting all of the greatest and brightest regarding an issue he was having and Peter was right there amongst guys like Reed Richards and Hank Pym.

OH yeah, I remember that from Wolverine and the X-men. We need more of this. The days of photog Pete should be over in the comics.

Read it and yeah it was good but some aspects really didn't stick with me

removing Normans goblin powers I think is a stupid move, why so we can have a story where he try's to restore them. Why not just have the cure weaken him enough to beat him

The plastic surgery aspect as we'll just came off as forced, though hopefully it's a ploy and this guy isn't actually Norman but is made to think he his

I also hope they follow up with the whole creepy liz and normie concept but the fact that Harry and his other kid has seemingly been forgotten I'm not sure what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"