Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

One has the right to joke without being full of it!

Léo Ho Tep;28479859 said:
One has the right to joke without being full of it!

One also has a right to use a smiley to indicate that before riling up all the Ben Riley thirst buckets around here. :cwink:

I didn't think of that. I was sure people would understand it was a joke. Sorry about that.

Ugh..so last night the last issue leaked and I really...really didn't like it. Non spoilers but, it was really rushed and holy crap was MJ callous....

Yeah there were some things I didn't like initially:

The Peter/Carlie reunion could have packed more of an emotional punch.

And Miguel accepting things after Otto left him high and dry was way too fast. If there was ever a moment for a cornball Spidey speech somewhere along the lines of "We don't have time for this, innocent lives are more important!", that was it. Miguel was like ok, you sound different....let's go.

The final scene was kind of whatevs.

My initial reaction is that it fell slightly flat. I need to let it sink in more and reread it again. Definitely not the worst ending in the world but could have been better in some spots.

It doesn't change the fact that this is one of the all time Spidey stories. Slott did an overall GREAT job. :up:

I just remembered it's Tuesday. Lol, poor TMoB. He's gonna be tortured again this week.

I might do a tiny write up on my thoughts for the whole arc, but I feel like I'll be in the minority here. It was a rather interesting idea that, in my opinion, was stretched out and in the case of the main book relied too much on conveniences to get things to work. I'm just glad it's over, and will wait and see what the next batch of stories will be, then I'll decided if I'll stay away for a bit or not.

I might do a tiny write up on my thoughts for the whole arc, but I feel like I'll be in the minority here. It was a rather interesting idea that, in my opinion, was stretched out and in the case of the main book relied too much on conveniences to get things to work. I'm just glad it's over, and will wait and see what the next batch of stories will be, then I'll decided if I'll stay away for a bit or not.

I enjoyed it for the most part but I think they ended it at the right time.

I read the leaked version.

My thoughts

I liked it a lot, especially the fight with GG. The way he found out that Peter was back? Priceless.

However, I hate how much of a b**** MJ was. She knew full well that Peter would need somebody to be there for him and she ups and leaves!

And the Goblin King reveal felt anti-climatic. I mean, come on, facial reconstruction!? SERIOUSLY!?

I rated it 7/10. I might pick up the paper version, just for collection purposes.

I don't blame MJ at all for they way she is acting. Otto's actions have drove a huge divide between them dating all the way back to issue #2.

I said it before and I'll say it again: The best part of this series is that it's made Spider-Man a loner again, which is the best position for him to be in. Carlie is his only true ally at this point. That's why I thought [BLACKOUT]more should have been made of their reunion.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't blame MJ at all for they way she is acting. Otto's actions have drove a huge divide between them dating all the way back to issue #2.

I said it before and I'll say it again: The best part of this series is that it's made Spider-Man a loner again, which is the best position for him to be in. Carlie is his only true ally at this point. That's why I thought [BLACKOUT]more should have been made of their reunion.[/BLACKOUT]
Except Carlie is no longer an ally (why does this word look wrong)
She up and left as well.

She is the new Deborah Whitman!

See, that's my problem. I understand her being mad.
It's just that, all the craziness was swept under the rug hastily and she exits; he explains why he's been off, why he let the city go to crap, and she believes him. That's the terrible thing, she just shows no sympathy for a man she used to love who DIED in the body of an old enemy, and had been hijacked. He had to wage go through hell to be able to just be Ghost Pete again. I can understand her wanting out, but seriously, just "oh, okay you died, but I'm mad at you and your craziness." It would have been better if she was so mad she didn't believe him. The whole thing is weird for me. While I'm happy not everyone hates Spidey again, it just feels rushed; Avengers see two Spider-men so his impending explanation will be easier to swallow, Miguel basically stops choking him, shrugs and accepts Pete's apology. May seems over it, though Jay is kinda mad still, yet MJ who should be the most understanding basically tells him to screw off.

Yeah, the fallout is not what I expected....
at least, not as easily accepted by nearly everyone...
It feels cheap and forced...

OK, so I just finished the issue. My thoughts on the Goblin reveal:

while I was very happy it actually was Norman, it was odd seeing he was Mason Banks, which as someone on these boards speculated it could be him. But it should be interesting to see Norman operate minus the formula and the madness.

On the fallout:

Yes, I thought there would be more. Miguel and the Avengers seem fine with him. I wonder if they're going to explore more with Ock's girlfriend and what Pete's going to do.

And you know what I hated...

The epilogue with MJ!!! :cmad:
That said, I noted that part was NOT written by Dan Slott.

But on the whole, I'd like to thank and congratulate Mr. Slott on this Superior Spider-Man! It was one hell of a run!

Can't wait for you to get back writing for Pete and the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! :woot:

After reading this I feel that the entire fight was very rushed. Peter shows up and GG just tries to run away...he didn't throw any pumpkin bombs or try to attack spidey or anything...a little disapointed it all happened so quickly. I feel like the fallout should've been saved for Amazing #1. I feel like this issue should have been about the final showdown between Peter and Osborn. Also...was I supposed to recognize the face under GG's mask? I had no idea who this guy was.

He's been with Liz since the Alchemex/Oscorp plot was introduced. If I recall correctly, I think Stillanerd was the only one who had him [BLACKOUT]pegged as the potential Green Goblin early on (although not it really being Norman).[/BLACKOUT]

He's been with Liz since the Alchemex/Oscorp plot was introduced. If I recall correctly, I think Stillanerd was the only one who had him [BLACKOUT]pegged as the potential Green Goblin early on (although not it really being Norman).[/BLACKOUT]

Actually, in all fairness, one the people who used to write reviews for Amazing Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man at the Spider-Man Crawlspace before I was assigned the gig was the very first person to come up with the theory that
The Green Goblin was really Mason Banks in disguise
. And while I always thought it was a great theory and that it made a lot of sense, I kept having my doubts about it. Hence why I kept thinking the Green Goblin could've also been Norman Osborn with Peter's face, 'Lil Normie, or even Peter himself. Which only goes to show I did work on my amateur detective skills. :cwink:

I absolutely LOVED the scene when the Green Goblin realizes it's not Otto behind mask

:yay:

Just read it! Loved it! "Rushed"? No way. I come from a time where comics didn't spend 6 issues saying "Um...." and "Yeah...." and nothing happens. LOVED the pacing!

Great wrap up to a fun series. Stoked to have Peter back! :-D

Just read it! Loved it! "Rushed"? No way. I come from a time where comics didn't spend 6 issues saying "Um...." and "Yeah...." and nothing happens. LOVED the pacing!

Same here. I remember the day when it was rare for a story to go more than one month's comic. Heck the famous Galactus story was an eternity at three issues! Now it takes a year or longer to tell a story.

can someone tell me how to do spoilers? I have a question but it involves storyline from SSM 31 so I don't want to give anything away.

can someone tell me how to do spoilers? I have a question but it involves storyline from SSM 31 so I don't want to give anything away.

When you post a reply look to the toolbar above the text box. You're see a smiley with a black bar across his eyes. Highlight the text you want tagged and click that icon. It wraps spoiler in brackets around your selected text. The ninja is blackout, youtube is self explainatory and the S is a line through the text aka Strikeout. :up:

Also you have to select either Go advanced or Post reply instead of post quick reply.

I won't complain if someone loved it. I just didn't think that it was an ending that was on par for the greatness that the overall storyline was. I felt the same about the Death of Captain America. The ending was weaker than the epic stuff that preceded it.

I'm glad you or anyone else loved it. I encourage it. Us Spidey fans have had it way too hard over the years. We've earned these great moments. It's too bad that others are still bent over the past stuff and just can't enjoy the great work Dan Slott is still trying to accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"