Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

Read it and yeah it was good but some aspects really didn't stick with me

removing Normans goblin powers I think is a stupid move, why so we can have a story where he try's to restore them. Why not just have the cure weaken him enough to beat him

The plastic surgery aspect as we'll just came off as forced, though hopefully it's a ploy and this guy isn't actually Norman but is made to think he his

That's actually an interesting idea.

So, maybe Norman got a hold of the brainwashing machine thing from Hobgoblin and duped this guy into thinking he is Norman. Meanwhile, Norman would still have his powers and working behind the scenes (still with his good old face). now, he can dupe someone else, and claim that it was him, and he got a new face.

Of course, that might seem a bit far fetch, but I hope they don't change Norman into another [BLACKOUT]Chameleon[/BLACKOUT].

Ok, so Norman can change his appearance at will?
Why not get rid of the GIANT-ARSE SCAR/DENT in his Chest?
ugh...
Dan, no offense, but you were better when you did Mini-Series...

ugh...

He did it to prove who he was to the Hobgoblin. And now that I look back on it, I can chalk the caved in look to more horrendous Ramos art.

He used plastic surgery to change his face, not Chameleon powers.

He's got the best power of all....money

If the past few years have proven anything, it's that Peter Parker doesn't need others to rely on for technology. It's the other way around.

One of my favorite scenes in the past few years involving Peter Parker didn't even take place in one of his own comics. It was in X-Men when Beast was consulting all of the greatest and brightest regarding an issue he was having and Peter was right there amongst guys like Reed Richards and Hank Pym.

Aloha,
I would agree he doesn't need to "rely" on others. Now that he has Parker Industries, he should be able to collaborate with Stark Industries, Reed Richards others as part of both his business dealings as well as super hero activities. He is just that smart. It's unfortunate that neither director of the Spider-Man movies, gets the fact that Peter is both ingenious and a genius.Everything about Spider-Man he created on his own.

Spidey rules

Aloha,
I would agree he doesn't need to "rely" on others. Now that he has Parker Industries, he should be able to collaborate with Stark Industries, Reed Richards others as part of both his business dealings as well as super hero activities. He is just that smart. It's unfortunate that neither director of the Spider-Man movies, gets the fact that Peter is both ingenious and a genius.Everything about Spider-Man he created on his own.

Spidey rules

Those movies are basically origin stories. That's the major dilemma caused by the movies. They're trying to introduce characters to a new widespread audience by telling stories that happened 30-40 years ago in the comics. So what happens...? Reverse character progression.

ugh...

I have more a problem with his early characterization in 'Superior.' The first 20 issues or so, Norman read a bit too saturday morning cartoon villain-ish, so that made me pretty convinced it wasn't him. But alas, it was… is. Double bluff on Dan's part?

As for his appearance… really? You're grouching about that? It could have been explained better. But it could be any number of things…. an image-inducer like Deadpool has, plastic surgery, a latex mask, etc. The chest scar for him is a mark of pride, and almost always covered by his shirt, so why get rid of that?

Anyway, still longing for the time when Norman discovers Peter's ID again. He knows Ock WAS Spider-Man and Ock looked like Peter in his civilian ID and he kidnapped Anna-Marie, so it shouldn't be hard to put the rest together. Maybe he did and I missed it.

True dat.

I'll get it since I plan on getting SM 2099 so it may be of some importance to the new series.

It seems like everything is branching out of the Spider-Verse event. We might end up with like 5 different titles coming out of the event...

Well… better late than never.

If you look at the advance pics, you can see a montage of possible Marvel futures with (among others I can't identify) the Maestro from Hulk's Future Imperfect, X-Men's Days of Future Past, and that Earth-X miniseries from the late 90's.

One thing I really gotta give to Slott is that he sure is good at taking any storyline, no matter how offbase from current continuity, and make it work/make sense.

Anyone read issue #32, the lead in for Spider-Verse?

I thought it was great. It has me excited for the upcoming event and I've been pretty down on Marvel lately.

Anyone read issue #32, the lead in for Spider-Verse?

I thought it was great. It has me excited for the upcoming event and I've been pretty down on Marvel lately.

Fun read. Hasn't been long, but I did miss Otto in Peter's body. Can't wait for Miles to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"