The unDEAD DC Boards Lounge version 7.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a given...

S***ty movie -generally leads to- critical slamming -generally leads to- huge drop off after opening week.

Saw GL last night. I greatly enjoyed it, and I don't see how it was so bad. Also, rereading the debate I was in the other night, I realize that I didn't share the same definition of "popcorn flick" with Darth.

Damn right you didn't. Now I'm off to watch Piranha.

That's a given...

S***ty movie -generally leads to- critical slamming -generally leads to- huge drop off after opening week.

Indeed. It couldn't even fall back on positive word of mouth because everyone hated that ****.

now THAT is a popcorn movie....it understands exactly what it is and doesn't even try to take itself seriously
It understands exactly what it is... A film which cast Jerry O'Connell in a role...

Here comes my daily piss in someone's cornflakes post.

Gay marriage? Who the **** cares? I gotta pay the rent the next week. Last time I checked the economy is still in the ****ter, we're about this close to officially becoming a third world country, we have people dying in the streets. But it's cool, because the gays in NY can get married now. Awesome. **** it.

Gay marriage? Who the **** cares? I gotta pay the rent the next week. Last time I checked the economy is still in the ****ter, we're about this close to officially becoming a third world country, we have people dying in the streets. But it's cool, because the gays in NY can get married now. Awesome. **** it.

Cycle of life. Empires wax and wane and all that stuff.

Besides, once gays can get married in the States, the rest of the world should follow suit:o

It's official...I'm losing my best friend to the accursed institution known as marriage.

The regular version I mean.

The fact that your economy is up a certain fecal creek without a method of propulsion doesn't mean that granting rights that should already be in play is a waste of time.

Did your country decide not to pull the plug on slavery because it would wreak havoc on your economy to no longer have bargain bin labour in agriculture?

The fact that your economy is up a certain fecal creek without a method of propulsion doesn't mean that granting rights that should already be in play is a waste of time.

Did your country decide not to pull the plug on slavery because it would wreak havoc on your economy to no longer have bargain bin labour in agriculture?

I'm not arguing against the merit of "granting rights" but I do think it's waste of time when you have legislative houses working overtime to pass a bill that is only going affect a certain group. I rather they work overtime to fix the economy and get unemployment rates under control. I guess in simplest terms, we have bigger problems to worry about. I'm happy for the gays, I look forward to gay divorces as well.

And I wasn't around for slavery so I couldn't give a **** really.

I love extreme debating when you need a go to argument bring up slavery or Nazi's.

Last edited:
Sucks the sequel has been in production limbo for so long

I dunno. Silent Hill had a lot of disturbing messages and themes.

I played The Room not too long ago and was still kind of freaked out by the game. I'm kind of glad RE went the way of Survival rather than horror...Silent Hill kind of took the concept a little too far.

they're filming the sequel now I think. it's called Silent Hill:revelations or something.

I dunno. Silent Hill had a lot of disturbing messages and themes.

I played The Room not too long ago and was still kind of freaked out by the game. I'm kind of glad RE went the way of Survival rather than horror...Silent Hill kind of took the concept a little too far.
They were extreamly creepy games that had a lot of psychological twists. What I find awesome is that the movie almost exactly captured the story and tone of the game. nearly beat for beat.

They were extreamly creepy games that had a lot of psychological twists. What I find awesome is that the movie almost exactly captured the story and tone of the game. nearly beat for beat.

I think having all the primary characters as women helped attribute to the fear factor. Now, not to be sexist or anything but a woman in panic tends to invoke more of a sense of fear from the audience, I think why slasher flicks and most horror movies have female leads.

A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury. - John Stuart Mill
The fact that the economy needs a certain degree of focus doesn't justify neglecting other areas where freedoms have been denied.

Sandwraith.
definitely. it's like the original Alien.It wouldnt have been half as scary had the main character been some square jaw male hero.

Sandwraith.
definitely. it's like the original Alien.It wouldnt have been half as scary had the main character been some square jaw male hero.

Agreed. Alien freaked the **** out of me when I was younger.

Weren't they trying to make the prequel to Alien? Prometheus or something?

Agreed. Alien freaked the **** out of me when I was younger.

Weren't they trying to make the prequel to Alien? Prometheus or something?

it got shelved....Prometheus seems to be related but not related to the Alien franchise...not sure yet

really? I could of sworn that Michael Fassbender said that it was still a prequel. tho that was a while ago, Damn Ridley Scott and his teasing ways !

it's actually more of a studio issue.....considering the mediocre performances of both Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, Fox is hesitant to dump another 100+ million into the franchise

Alien 3 and Resurrection weren't really up to standard. I mean c'mon, were we really expected to accept Ripley being a prisoner in a planet full of lame-duck men after what she did in Aliens? And Resurrection? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"