The Unofficial HB II Picture Thread

They all contain Abe, Roger, Liz and Johann. Hellboy is only seen in flashback in Hollow Earth, it's a spinoff, Hellboy has his own series. ;)

Ah, Roger the Homunculus. I wonder why I didn't remember him. Maybe his name was altered in the Finnish reprint(s). Gotta check it out. I've never read Hellboy in English.

Hey ya guys, here are the pics that came out a couple of days ago.:woot:

Whos the guy with the like fish bowl on his head. I never reead the comic's but loved Hellboy 1. Who is he . I mean what is his character.
This looks really good and cool btw. Looks atleast as good as Iron Man.

johann.jpg

His name is Johann Kraus. He is a disembodied ectoplasmic spirit with psychic abilities who maintains a tangible form via a containment suit. Without the suit, his body would eventually dissipate and he would be lost forever. (straight from wikipedia)

He first appeared in BPRD #1: Hollow Earth, and has featured in all eight BPRD volumes so far.

Um isn't Abe a the one with mind powers. Or did they make abe have them but this character alwasy was ment to be the physic character.

Um isn't Abe a the one with mind powers. Or did they make abe have them but this character alwasy was ment to be the physic character.
Johann is MUCH more than a psychic.

There are valves on Johann's containment suit -- on the grill of his helmet, on his chest, on his fingertips -- through which his disembodied spirit, or ectoplasm can pass. His ectoplasm can then enter dead or inanimate objects and bring them to life under his control.

Judging from some of the pics at the new website, it looks like one creature Johann brings back to life is a tooth fairy (see the pic where the tooth fairy's standing up on the tray in the lab, with Johann standing behind it). And imagine if Wink were to die and Johann were to inhabit Wink's body... And thus have Wink fight on Hellboy's side.

The possibilities are endless! And since he no longer has a human body, Johann never grows hungry or tired. He can stay up for days reading files if the BPRD needs to do some research. This proves quite handy in the comics.

Yes, Abe is just a fish-man in the comic but they gave him more powers so he'd have something to do/keep the cast manageable in the first movie.

And to explain Johann more simply he's a smoky ghost that will get blown away unless he stays in his suit.

He looks wicked cool in his pics. They should have fit him in Hellboy 1. The villain in this looks like an Uber Vamp from Blade 2 or a very evil Mirkwood elf. Yes i am liking Del Toro more and more for directing the Hobbit now for his detailed ideas are visual simple made but yet amazing.

johann.jpg

His name is Johann Kraus. He is a disembodied ectoplasmic spirit with psychic abilities who maintains a tangible form via a containment suit. Without the suit, his body would eventually dissipate and he would be lost forever. (straight from wikipedia)

He first appeared in BPRD #1: Hollow Earth, and has featured in all eight BPRD volumes so far.

I'll have to pick up the BRPD comics, do they have more Roger in them?

Also, have Johann and Hellboy ever actually met in the comics?

I'll have to pick up the BRPD comics, do they have more Roger in them?

Also, have Johann and Hellboy ever actually met in the comics?

BPRD comics are great, go for it. :up: They do indeed have more Roger in them. :woot: I :heart: Roger.

I don't think Johann and Red have ever met. Johann wasn't a member of the BPRD until after HB left.

I think there's a one-shot coming up this summer in the HBverse that goes into greater detail about Johann's origins and introduction to the BPRD, so that might answer some questions.

Anyone pic up the Art of Hellboy II yet?? its got a ton fo good pics in it. Including Hellboy jr, and a ton of cool creatures.

Yes! I got mine on Thursday! DDT Lil' HB looks great! Nice shots of the Goblin and other creatures we have not seen. Can anyone scan some of these...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"