The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Keep it simple for 1st film with say Whirlwind & or The Porcupine.

Egghead I would also throw in the mix but only if he was teamed up with say Whirlwind.

:woot:

Egghead can be behind the scenes as the mastermind, because he wouldn't be a physical threat to Ant-Man. That's where Whirlwind can come in, and a bunch of AIM soldiers.

Keep it simple for 1st film with say Whirlwind & or The Porcupine.

Egghead I would also throw in the mix but only if he was teamed up with say Whirlwind.

:woot:

just my opinion but i don't think that those two fit the narrative. it's a david and goliath story; the ant-men vs a giant corporation. the human top & the porcupine only exist because Pym had slipped into the routine of having a villain of the week/month. before that, he was mostly a detective or thwarting the soviets. but Wright seems to be using, at least, Lang's origin story. and every bit of that was about little vs big/poor vs rich. Scott, even with a job at Stark Industries, couldn't keep up with Cassie's bills. the only surgeon that could potentially save her life was 1) out of his pay grade and 2) kidnapped by a billionaire industrialist. he breaks into Pym's house because of its expensive security system. etc.

From a visual point of view I always thought Whirlwind was a odd villain for Ant-Man/Giant-Man.

A guy who shrinks or grows against a guy who spins really fast is a odd pairing.
Whirlwind was a very difficult villain for Pym to stop in the old comics before he became a punchline mid-level villain who is easily defeated.

From a visual point of view I always thought Whirlwind was a odd villain for Ant-Man/Giant-Man.

A guy who shrinks or grows against a guy who spins really fast is a odd pairing.
Whirlwind was a very difficult villain for Pym to stop in the old comics before he became a punchline mid-level villain who is easily defeated.

an evil figure skater is a bad visual on its own.

I always thought Psycho Man and the Micro-Verse would have made the perfect Ant-Man villain.... Hank discovering the Micro-verse, when shrunk exponentially, for one reason or another he's stuck in that size, and he runs into Psycho-Man down there

Problem is, connecting Psycho-Man to the Microverse would come off as a terrible kludge.

I always thought Psycho Man and the Micro-Verse would have made the perfect Ant-Man villain.... Hank discovering the Micro-verse, when shrunk exponentially, for one reason or another he's stuck in that size, and he runs into Psycho-Man down there

but then why bother calling him Ant-Man? he'd just be a regular sized individual exploring an alien landscape (shrinking just allows someone to breach the dimension). it's just not something i'd support in an origin movie.

recently leaked casting call seemed to point to Ant-Man facing nameless goons. none of the descriptions sounded like a mastermind type or an endboss. one thing that stuck out was that they specifically ask for a russian.

Problem is, connecting Psycho-Man to the Microverse would come off as a terrible kludge.

isn't psychoman from the microverse?? pretty sure Sue and Reed at some point shrunk down into the microverse and encountered him there... or am i thinking of someone else?

recently leaked casting call seemed to point to Ant-Man facing nameless goons. none of the descriptions sounded like a mastermind type or an endboss. one thing that stuck out was that they specifically ask for a russian.

The sound like some very obscure Ant-Man villains, though I wouldn't be surprised if they were used in name only.

Huge, intimidating Asian man doesn't sound like Radioactive Man to you?

isn't psychoman from the microverse?? pretty sure Sue and Reed at some point shrunk down into the microverse and encountered him there... or am i thinking of someone else?

yeah, the FF did wind up in part of the microverse because of Doctor Doom. but Psychoman was actually retconned into being part of that same microverse, iirc.

Huge, intimidating Asian man doesn't sound like Radioactive Man to you?

the sense of humor portion makes me think that it's your standard security guard or enforcer. Wright's already hinted at not wanting the kind of archnemesis that you see in most superhero movies.

yeah, the FF did wind up in part of the microverse because of Doctor Doom. but Psychoman was actually retconned into being part of that same microverse, iirc.

well, none the less.. he's a villain that exists in a world you have to shrink down to get into.. sounds like a perfect villain for Pym. Maybe not in the first film, but it certainly sounds logical

well, none the less.. he's a villain that exists in a world you have to shrink down to get into.. sounds like a perfect villain for Pym. Maybe not in the first film, but it certainly sounds logical

i guess. but what makes you think that the Fantastic Four don't have dibs on the character?

I vote Taskmaster. Most of Ant-Man's villains just come off as silly to me, which is why I'm dissapointed he won't be involved with Ulton's creation.

Who should Marvel's tiniest hero face in his upcoming movie?

Leave some ideas to discuss.

I'm personally hoping for Egghead as a main villain, with Whirlwind as a bodyguard.

Egghead is fine and so is Whirwind but I think a simple but effective story for 1st film needs to be in place.

I have looked at the characters Ant Man has faced and Porcupine maybe could get a look in as first villain & also if not enough of threat throw in Radioactive Man or even as main villain and Porcupine side enemy.

Alexander Gentry was originally a scientist who worked as a weapons designer for the United States Army. He conceived the idea of designing a battle-suit in imitation of a porcupine: it would be covered with quill-like projections for defense. Moreover, it would be able to shoot its quills, or gases, flames, chemicals, paralysis-inducing pellets, or weapons from quill-like tubes, at an opponent. Gentry spends months working overtime to create his porcupine battle-suit. He is proud of his achievement when the suit was finished, and believes his invention is worth a fortune. Yet Gentry also believes that the government would pay him, one of its employees, virtually nothing for his creation. Angrily, Gentry decides to keep the porcupine battle-suit and to use it to become wealthy through crime. Thus Gentry became the Porcupine, one of the first costumed professional criminals of his generation.

Hank Pym, who was then the original Ant-Man, and his partner, Janet van Dyne, the Wasp, soon defeat the Porcupine while he attempted to rob a bank.[1] However, the Porcupine succeeds in escaping. After Pym had also assumed the superhuman powers and identity of Giant-Man, Porcupine returns for revenge. During the resulting battle, the Porcupine consumes what he thinks is a Giant-Man growth medium, but which instead shrinks him to microscopic size

Egghead is fine and so is Whirwind but I think a simple but effective story for 1st film needs to be in place.

I have looked at the characters Ant Man has faced and Porcupine maybe could get a look in as first villain & also if not enough of threat throw in Radioactive Man or even as main villain and Porcupine side enemy.

Alexander Gentry was originally a scientist who worked as a weapons designer for the United States Army. He conceived the idea of designing a battle-suit in imitation of a porcupine: it would be covered with quill-like projections for defense. Moreover, it would be able to shoot its quills, or gases, flames, chemicals, paralysis-inducing pellets, or weapons from quill-like tubes, at an opponent. Gentry spends months working overtime to create his porcupine battle-suit. He is proud of his achievement when the suit was finished, and believes his invention is worth a fortune. Yet Gentry also believes that the government would pay him, one of its employees, virtually nothing for his creation. Angrily, Gentry decides to keep the porcupine battle-suit and to use it to become wealthy through crime. Thus Gentry became the Porcupine, one of the first costumed professional criminals of his generation.

Hank Pym, who was then the original Ant-Man, and his partner, Janet van Dyne, the Wasp, soon defeat the Porcupine while he attempted to rob a bank.[1] However, the Porcupine succeeds in escaping. After Pym had also assumed the superhuman powers and identity of Giant-Man, Porcupine returns for revenge. During the resulting battle, the Porcupine consumes what he thinks is a Giant-Man growth medium, but which instead shrinks him to microscopic size

I like Porcupine. but Ant-Man is already a tough sell without adding to the silliness.

Do you really think Marvel would want to use Radioactive Man as a villain, considering Radioactive Man is an agent of the Chinese government and China is the second biggest market for Hollywood movies? Because of this fact, we will not see Chinese villains in Hollywood movies ever again, because the Chinese censors would never let that movie into the country and Hollywood wants to get as many movies into China as possible.

So leaves Porcupine and is he really impressive enough to carry a movie? That description doesn't really make Porcupine seem like a very impressive or interesting foe. He is not impressive enough to be the Big Bad of the film and it seems like there are better choices for minion villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"