Ant-Man Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by spideymouse, Jul 18, 2012.

1. smashmode House Stark

2. Just_Human Registered

Someone who has an infinity stone

Lang will try to steal that stone

3. Ant-manic Registered

4. Gr0oT I AM GROOT

Just doing a quick search I'd say it be this guy given the communist approach, the fact that he is Hispanic, and also that he sort of looks too friendly for a serious villain, whereas this guy sort of looks like a joke.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Antonio_Rojo_%28Earth-616%29

[​IMG]

5. Just_Human Registered

edit wrong thread

#905 Just_Human, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  6. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

No, he plays an original character named Castillo, who's loosely based on Fidel Castro. The official synopsis says so.

7. Ant-manic Registered

i wonder how much of this story is going to take place outside of the U.S.

8. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Brighton Sharbino who played Lizzie in The Walking Dead and Marty Hart's daughter on True Detective could play Cassie Lang.

#908 chamber-music, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  9. Ant-manic Registered

sure. she's 11. that's about the right age. hopefully, whomever they choose will actually have acting in their future.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Or get Teilor Grubbs, who plays Grace Williams (daughter of Danno Williams) in Hawaii Five-0. She's 12.

Although she looks like she could play a young Diana in a WW movie, especially with Gal Gadot as the adult version.

11. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I wonder if they will do the running gag in the comics with Cassie being a bad cook always giving her father terrible food combinations like sardines and marshmellows.

12. Ant-manic Registered

she should at least be a big marvel superhero geek. Cassie had a hulk toy, a ROM toy, a spider-man shirt, and a poster of Johnny Storm on her wall. plus she was a total tomboy; despite her health problems. i kind of expect her to be the character that the audience most gravitates towards; if she actually gets some lines.

13. Ant-manic Registered

i'm unfamiliar with most really young actors. but she seems suitable. she probably looks more like Paul Rudd than the other girl.

14. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

15. SlamAdams Registered

Jordi Molla is playing Castillo

16. Mike Murdock Registered

You know that comment is almost a year old. I was surprised when they cast someone else to play Castillo, though. I had assumed, when Pena wasn't Castillo, that they had written out the role and reassigned him to someone else.

17. Sockie Registered

He might not have ever actually been cast as Castillo, those insiders could have been making assumptions.

18. Mask&Cape Registered

Why in the world are Marvel using the Howard Stark from Iron Man 2 again?

I know Stark's role in Ant-Man is probably very small but can't we keep the MCU as consistent as possible?

Put some grey hair dye on Cooper and a bit of ageing make up - sorted.

Using a guy who doesn't look remotely like either Cooper or RDJ (and both could pass as family to each other) doesn't make much sense, especially when Hayley Atwell is still playing Carter in the same movie.

19. Mike Murdock Registered

If you're asking for consistency, it is at least consistent. Cooper is 1940s Howard, Slattery is 1960s or 70s Howard. While you could argue it was just a recast, there's no reason to assume it is and Ant-Man suggests it isn't.

It sounds to me the real complaint isn't lack of consistency, it's that you don't really like the casting of Howard Stark in Iron Man 2.

20. Mask&Cape Registered

It isn't that I didn't "like" the casting in Iron Man 2 - true the guy was a bit lifeless but it like there was meant to be any great development in the character. RDJ carried the scene just fine on his own

However, just because he once briefly played an "older" Howard, doesn't mean that he needs to be Howard of the 60s or 70s.

Grey hair and make up/CG to age Cooper appropriately as they have been for Hayley Atwell, like in Winter Soldier.

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I too would've preferred if they just stuck with Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark from now on. Before his casting, it's like they hadn't quite settled on a consistent look for Howard, and he wasn't quite a character unto himself. He was just a distant figure from the past that none of us knew. Once Cooper breathed life into him, he became more real and personable, and that's when he properly came to life.

22. Mask&Cape Registered

Exactly. ;) (Is there a ''Like" option - I can't see one).

They've been consistent with Peggy, they should do so with Howard and all the others.

If there is going to be a young Pierce, he should look like a young Redford or (dare I suggest) de-age Redford himself :)

23. marcvader Lurker #1

To be fair, we were watching an 8mm film of a character which pretty much made most people look stiff. My old toddler 8mm's made everyone look like robots.

24. Mask&Cape Registered

True, but this adds more reason to continue using Cooper - who is still Howard Stark in the MCU - because Howard is now an actual personality.

Using Cooper would add familiarity to Howard's appearance in Ant-Man.

This is why Marvel didn't recast an older actress Peggy Carter for The Winter Soldier - the CG'd Atwell.

It is a bizarre decision.

25. Mike Murdock Registered

Doesn't mean he shouldn't be Howard either. Like I said, I'm fine with a recast. But your complaint was about consistency and I think they're completely consistent here. I think it's a nice touch to not sever ties with Iron Man 2 on this point. John Slattery is a good actor. Let's see what he does with the role this time.