Ant-Man Casting Thread

spideymouse

Sidekick
Reaction score
I look ALL over the forum and couldn't find a casting thread, so I started one. ;)

Who would you cast as Hank Pym? Janet Van Dyne? Scott Lang? Cassie Lang? Whirlwind? Etc.?

Well, you should've looked harder. There's another thread with the same title right beneath yours. :p

I'll change mine to something else. :)

... you...!!!

Now none of our posts make sense. Perhaps one of the threads could be the costume design thread. I'm curious as to what Ant-Man should look like.

Last edited:
At least, not to anybody else.

I'm up for Bradley Cooper portraying Ant-Man, be it Pym or Lang.

You should make yours the Ant-Man Plot Ideas thread! Or maybe they'll merge them.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd like to see them take an actor from left field for Pym.

If they're going for an "older" Pym, what do you guys think of Javier Bardem?

I feel Pym should be portrayed in his late-20s or early-30s, much like Bruce Banner was in the Hulk films. I do like the idea of staying with the first incarnation of the character, which means I believe Pym should be the star of these films. The costume needs to be updated, though. That is for certain. I don't think he can wear this without people giggling:

TTA-35.jpg

I like the idea of that guy from district 9 (forgot his name) as Pym.

I feel Pym should be portrayed in his late-20s or early-30s, much like Bruce Banner was in the Hulk films. I do like the idea of staying with the first incarnation of the character, which means I believe Pym should be the star of these films. The costume needs to be updated, though. That is for certain. I don't think he can wear this without people giggling:

TTA-35.jpg

I agree. But if Edgar insists on doing the 'To Steal An Ant-Man' story, I'm okay with Pym being in his early-forties. But I'd imagine he'll keep Lang and Pym fairly young, for future films, Avengers sequels, etc. Say, Pym mid thirties, and Lang late twenties.

I'm fairly sure people who saw the test footage said it was similar to the Eric O'Grady suit. So something like this is what I'm expecting:
detail.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. But if Edgar insists on doing the 'To Steal An Ant-Man' story, I'm okay with Pym being in his early-forties. But I'd imagine he'll keep Lang and Pym fairly young, for future films, Avengers sequels, etc. Say, Pym mid thirties, and Lang late twenties.

I'm fairly sure people who saw the test footage said it was similar to the Eric O'Grady suit. So something like this is what I'm expecting:
detail.jpg

I would love to see that on the big screen. I do believe an early-30s Pym would be much more marketable than an early-40s Pym, as well. For that reason, he should be the same age as Banner and Stark.

I would love to see that on the big screen. I do believe an early-30s Pym would be much more marketable than an early-40s Pym, as well. For that reason, he should be the same age as Banner and Stark.
Aren't Banner (Ruffalo) and Stark (Downey) in their early to mid-40s? When I see them onscreen, I don't think I see them as early 30s.

EDIT: Oh, do you mean that Pym SHOULD be in his early 40s, and since that isn't marketable, Lang should be in his early 30s?

Aren't Banner (Ruffalo) and Stark (Downey) in their early to mid-40s? When I see them onscreen, I don't think I see them as early 30s.

Depending on whether we're talking about the Norton Banner or the Ruffalo Banner, I could see him being in his 30s still. Stark also seems at least several years younger than Downey Jr. himself. I suppose he could be in his early-40s.

No, I believe the movie should be centered around Pym, but that he should be in his 30s. Certainly, if The Incredible Hulk could turn a 46-year-old Tim Roth into a 39-year-old Emil Blonsky, it can be done.

Last edited:
Depending on whether we're talking about the Norton Banner or the Ruffalo Banner, I could see him being in his 30s still. Stark also seems at least several years younger than Downey Jr. himself. I suppose he could be in his early-40s.

No, I believe the movie should be centered around Pym, but that he should be in his 30s.
True. Movie magic. Jeremy Renner is also in his mid-40s. I should say that shouldn't keep them from considering older actors for these roles then. Like Simon Pegg (He's 42). =)

True. Movie magic. Jeremy Renner is also in his mid-40s. I should say that shouldn't keep them from considering older actors for these roles then. Like Simon Pegg (He's 42). =)

A bit of makeup, and some hair dye could go a long way. :p I would definitely support casting the best actor available.

james marsden could be good as ant man...he was a decent cyclops and now we've moved on from that set of films,much like chris evans being cap..he could be ant man and maybe have rachel mcadams as the wasp??

james marsden could be good as ant man...he was a decent cyclops and now we've moved on from that set of films,much like chris evans being cap..he could be ant man and maybe have rachel mcadams as the wasp??

Cyclops, Richard White, and Henry Pym?! That is a lot of comic book characters for one actor to portray, but perhaps. It's been done before.

Last edited:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Patrick Wilson for Pym!!

I'm a fan of Michael C. Hall suggestion I read once somewhere

For me I've always loved the thought of Patrick Wilson as Hank Pym

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about Ewan McGregor would be a good choice for Hank Pym. Just something out of the blue.

ewan_mcgregor_24.jpg

Ant-Man : EWAN MCGREGOR
ewan-mcgregor-435.jpg

Wasp: MICHELLE MONAGHAN
438px-Michelle_Monaghan_at_TIFF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member