The Dark Knight The Virals Are Officially Over ...OK, Maybe Not So Officially

If the virals are over then why is the Harvery Dent episode of Gotham Tonight being advertised as being on Comcast?

I'm guessing that the Joker part of the viral is officially over but the Batman side of things is not...I guess we shall see Monday when the put up the next Gotham Tonight episode. :)

I've been following this campaign a good long while. These boards, as well as the Wiki, have been amazing resources. Thanks, guys who kept those up to day. This whole thing blew my mind with the level of detail and effort thrown into it.

Does it surpass the Lost Experience? I never got into it so I wouldn't know, it’s just the only other thing I could think of that’s even close to this level of ultra-radness.

But, wow. WOW. I have really enjoyed following this, not so much as to have fun getting into the story, but marveling at the quality of the arg. This last bit, where we needed to go to all the previously created sites, really helped to show how great this was. And all those actually-go-and-do it things, as promotion for a movie! Insane! Man. I wish I had a camera so I could've done those photo things...

Mostly, though, the only reason I made this account and probably the only post until the next Batman movie (I'd never follow anything else so closely, I'm a bat-fan to the end) is to agree that Tennessee did indeed get the shaft. I'm in Memphis as well, and we're basically a major city, yeah. Nothing, the whole time. 'bout broke my heart. I really want a copy of the Gotham City Times, the one with "BATMAN: Savior or Menace?" on the cover all big like, so that if I ever got making movies, I could just stick it in there. It's like, whenever characters are reading papers in the comics, and the artist just wants to put a little sly thing in there, they're reading that paper.

A little while after the Gotham city pizza thing came out, just the fact that you could get free pizza and mask, I went on a trip to my grandparents in a super-small town. We were driving and I saw a Domino's with "Gotham City Pizza" on the little advertising board, you know. I was all excited for a second, before I realized it was a nationwide deal.

Oh, well. It was still one of the radest things I've seen. Even my friends, through my rants about it, enjoyed it. Thanks 42 Entertainment and all you Super Hero Hype Board guys.

The fact that my mother-in-law even got involved in this thing is a testament to how powerful this marketing technique can become. I think more than just the fun and intrigue of it all, we all participated in a little piece of history. To quote the preview, "you've changed things". And so this viral has. I would be very interested to see the numbers on how many people 42 and WB estimates were involved, then I would say double it for all the people who were too late to get things, input addresses, and otherwise followed but missed the mark.

All that being said though, I am curious as others are, is this the end of all, or just the end of the Joker's efforts? Like others have said, the GNB/Admin thing just became active and wasn't defaced. I know the account owner is probably the manager/teller/whoever that grabs the shotgun in the prologue. Still it seems to be a waste of effort just to tell us he works for the bank. Then the address collection is interesting. There is no legal reason they need it. As a marketer myself, I would only collect and manage that much data for the purposes of actually sending something eventually. Time will tell on that account. Maybe nothing new will happen in the next 4 days or so. I am just saying I will not be going away soon, lest something slip by my notice.

I just found out that my Spin City gave away free passes at 10 and I missed it. Damn.

If this is it then it's been incredible. This whole campaign lasted a year and I've followed it pretty faithfully since the beginning. I was able to get away from work enough to be able to do all the viral events in NYC (Dent rallies, joker scavenger, CFB gathering, etc), got loads of swag, and had an awesome time doing it all. This has been the most incredible and engrossing film experience ever and I'll remember for the rest of my life. The sheer amount of effort and time that 42 entertainment put into this is phenomenal and they deserve tons of kudos. The last year has been awesome and it'll all culminate this Thursday at midnight. What the hell will I do with myself now??? Guess I'll finally get to enjoy my shorehouse and go partying with my friends again without worrying I'm missing some breaking news, ahahaha.

...sorry if mentioned...but the gotham cable news ep with harvey comes out monday...with a special announcement

that the bank is being robbed!!!

...so the viral stuff aint TOTALLY over...its still a precursor for the flick

I've been following this campaign a good long while. These boards, as well as the Wiki, have been amazing resources. Thanks, guys who kept those up to day. This whole thing blew my mind with the level of detail and effort thrown into it.

I totally agree! I got into this when my friend (Andrizzle) told me about it, then found out about the new trailer scavenger hunts. THAT was amazing...I can't wait for Tuesday! :)

Hrm well I've been following this since October/November and I have to say these virals have been the cause of much procrastination, in the best way possible. I'm quite glad I work from home cuz if I didn't I would have more than likely gotten fired for spending more time refreshing this lovely board/sifting through random websites than actually doing what I should be doing.

Anyways, 42 is amazing (and if they ever need a web designer they need to get in touch with me) at what they do, and this campaign specifically has to be the best one I've ever seen/taken part of.

Thanks to everyone who kept the Wiki updated, as it has on several occasions saved me from asking dumb questions over here.

And yeah, thanks to this board/site/and mostly everyone on it for being kickass.

And well, if speculation is right and it's not quite over...bring it on. If speculation is wrong it's been one hell of a ride, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I was thinking about it, and I could see them have one last contest, where you can win the DVD (i think i read some where it was being slated for dec 8th?).

I definetly could see another game coming, but like 2 months after initial release or something. Ya know?

People with Joker phones are laughing at us now...Seems there was one more phone call to be received...

Its Not Over Yet!! Joker Phones Just Called

2 hours to go!

Here are my theories:

1. It'll lead to a game next week having to do w/ the bank heist.

2. Defaced Batsignals (I hope not lol)

3. Tickets to secret advanced screenings! Hey, you never know

Well...looks like I've been right so far LOL. Now it seems like I've got #1 down as well:)

haha, ides of 42E are unpredictible, that jokerized sites just blown me away :)

I'm guessing that the Joker part of the viral is officially over but the Batman side of things is not...I guess we shall see Monday when the put up the next Gotham Tonight episode. :)

No You Wont...Guys, Episode 6 is Up Online NOW!!!

ya theres still the GNB admin and password from the BlueRay comic book too!

For whoever asked if it was better than the Lost Experience, that ARG(ARE?) doesn't even compare to this! TDK Viral blew that one out of the water! Not saying the LE wasn't a bunch of fun (it was), this one was just incredibly better

I've grown to like ARGs but I really don't think I would've had as much fun if it wasn't Batman related. This was a blast but it looks like it's winding down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"