"The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up with last week's episode. Loved it! Really enjoying the splintering of the group between Rick's faction and Shane's.

As far as the argument on who's a better leader, Rick or Shane, Shane may be doing things in the best interest of saving the human race (he's not though, he's just selfish), but Rick's actions are to save humanity, if that makes sense.

Walking Dead casts a familiar Doctor Who face as the Governor

Forget the zombies, the sadistic Governor of Woodbury is the scariest thing about The Walking Dead. So who has the evil stones to portray the zombie-baiting, limb-chopping madman? AMC has found its Governor in an actor who will be familiar to Doctor Who fans.
Full size
medium.jpg

David Morrissey has been cast as the Governor for the third season of The Walking Dead. You may remember Morrissey as the faux-Doctor Jackson Lake from the Doctor Who episode "The Next Doctor." Even if you haven't watched him aim his sonic screwdriver alongside David Tennant, you may have seen Morrissey in any number of British dramas, including Red Riding, State of Play, Blackpool, and Sense and Sensibility. Appropriately, David Morrissey is fresh off a turn as Macbeth's murderous king. Let's hope he'll channel some of that viciousness for the Governor.
http://io9.com/5888202/walking-dead...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Sorry if this has been posted already, but it just appeared on my facebook and the article is from today.

Finally caught up with last week's episode. Loved it! Really enjoying the splintering of the group between Rick's faction and Shane's.

As far as the argument on who's a better leader, Rick or Shane, Shane may be doing things in the best interest of saving the human race (he's not though, he's just selfish), but Rick's actions are to save humanity, if that makes sense.

I agree with what Andrea said about Shanes ideas; his presentation on matters makes his actions seems implusive.

I was wondering how Season 2 holds up against the first season. I haven't been able to catch any episodes and was thinking of just buying it later when it's released on Blu-ray.

I keep hearing negative things about it though.

I agree with what Andrea said about Shanes ideas; his presentation on matters makes his actions seems implusive.

Well most of his actions ARE impulsive. The man's not a thinker, he's a doer. And he certainly seems like one of those types that never had a lot of humanity to begin with. The zombie apocalypse drove that little bit out.

I was wondering how Season 2 holds up against the first season. I haven't been able to catch any episodes and was thinking of just buying it later when it's released on Blu-ray.

I like it. The first half of the season was slow, it's true, but I enjoyed it. It's that kind of show where I honestly feel no character is safe from being off (except Rick, but even then you know they wouldn't be afraid to f-him up hardcore). It's all been about the character relationships and the building tension because of that, which is what made me love season1 to begin with.

I wonder which other Woodbury characters we'll be seeing next season and which will be cut. I mean, from the original group we got Rick/Lori/Shane/Glenn, etc. but we didn't get Donna or Allen or the twins. And we still don't have Tyreese :-)cmad:). And then with Hershel's farm, we got him, Maggie, Otis and Patricia, but no Billy.

I'm thinking Alice is a must. I'd actually go as far as saying that I wouldn't mind seeing Andrea get killed off and let Alice basically become comic Andrea. I'm serious. TV Andrea is beyond repair, as far as I'm concerned. She's just an annoyance to me now.

No offense, but I already get my fill of a bad ass in a zombie apocalypse named Alice from Resident Evil.

Well, thats just silly.

That's the exact word I would use to describe that film franchise.

It's still pretty good, just the first half is slow. By the end of it all, though, it'll likely be on par with the first season. Not that it isn't right now, but just saying.

While I am definitely on Rick's side and think Shane is selfish and borderline psychotic, I think those like Andrea that are siding with Shane seem natural and well presented. It is setting up an interesting dynamic in the group, instead of just Shane being an obvious jerk.

While I am definitely on Rick's side and think Shane is selfish and borderline psychotic, I think those like Andrea that are siding with Shane seem natural and well presented. It is setting up an interesting dynamic in the group, instead of just Shane being an obvious jerk.

Sometimes I think people who have not read the books(Comics) are lucky.
I sometimes want to pull out my hair over the totally different personalities that some of the Characters have.

Everyone over at Roamers and Lurkers are insisting that it's Daryl as well. Now don't get me wrong, since day one I have always said I would LOVE Daryl to join the comics. He's a bad ass. But I honestly do not think that's Daryl. I think it's a dude with a crossbow.

Everyone over at Roamers and Lurkers are insisting that it's Daryl as well. Now don't get me wrong, since day one I have always said I would LOVE Daryl to join the comics. He's a bad ass. But I honestly do not think that's Daryl. I think it's a dude with a crossbow.

When asked about Daryl in comics at Imagecon yesterday he mentioned this ad...

Only reason I'd be against it being Daryl, is because I don't want him to die or lose a leg or something else horrible that they'd end up doing to a popular character like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"