The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew Negan's arrival would mean a death. Everyone knew. Comic readers knew, TV-only fans knew. Everyone knew bad s*** was on the horizon as soon as his name was dropped in the Fall finale. So tear off the f***ing band-aid and get it over with. Why set yourself up for something like this? You could've killed and there would be nothing to spoil going into the new season. Now? There's no WAY this thing doesn't get spoiled. The very night they aired the "Glenn's death" episode, there were recent-ish set pics of Glenn with the group and Jesus. The scheme was over before it began. And this will be too. Needlessly stupid. Gimple honestly must've been like "Backlash? Hahaha. That sounds fun."

I thought the finale was great, maybe I am just not as invested in the show as others but not finding out was dead didn't bother me. What mattered was the tense build up and the pay-off being this fearsome and terrifying new villain.

I thought JDM did a brilliant job, I wondered how he'd make me hate him and he pulled it off with aplomb, I don't know how accurate characterization was to the comic version but for someone that only watches the show it was one of the best villain introductions I've ever seen.

As for who is dead, I think it's Ginger Guile, if it was Glen then Maggie would have screamed and I doubt they'd kill Daryl, the shows most popular character, off in that POV manner.

I thought JDM did a brilliant job, I wondered how he'd make me hate him and he pulled it off with aplomb, I don't know how accurate characterization was to the comic version but for someone that only watches the show it was one of the best villain introductions I've ever seen.

He's dead on accurate. From the look (apart from needing a shave which I think he said himself in the episode haha), to the dialogue, mannerisms, sardonic dark sense of humor, the cocky swagger, and LUCILLE.

He was totally Negan. JDM owned it.

The reason I'm most pissed off about the cliffhanger is that I feel like they're going to ***** out of taking out a heavy hitter. I swear to Christ, if it's Aaron...

As for who is dead, I think it's Ginger Guile, if it was Glen then Maggie would have screamed and I doubt they'd kill Daryl, the shows most popular character, off in that POV manner.

Definitely not Daryl now, you're right.... I think it is [BLACKOUT]Glenn[/BLACKOUT] like the comics. Maggie [blackout]screams in the audio leak. [/blackout]

Last edited:
They will probably show another POV of the death when the season premieres so they can still kill off Daryl or anyone else.

It should've f***ing been Daryl upfront. God dammit.

The reason I'm most pissed off about the cliffhanger is that I feel like they're going to ***** out of taking out a heavy hitter. I swear to Christ, if it's Aaron...

yea they are definitely making it a **** send off for a heavy hitter...

I'm most pissed off because if they just showed who it was before and after the POV... it would have been the greatest entrance of all time... esp if it was Daryl.

Instead of making one of the biggest moments in television history... they decided to go the GoT route... now guess what guys? We get to listen to months and months of people asking the cast 'who died?'

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to milk this for a few episodes. Slowly reveal which characters are still alive until like season 7 episode 3 when Rick visits "surprise-reveal's" grave.

and then the dirt on the grave starts to rise

and Rick's middle name is revealed to be Robin

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to milk this for a few episodes. Slowly reveal which characters are still alive until like season 7 episode 3 when Rick visits "surprise-reveal's" grave.

Episode 1 - Negan: Origins
Episode 2 - Welcome to the Kingdom
Episode 3 - So, Okay, This is Who Died

Well...can't say I didn't warn everyone....I was really hoping those extra few minutes were something added. Ah well.

He's dead on accurate. From the look (apart from needing a shave which I think he said himself in the episode haha), to the dialogue, mannerisms, sardonic dark sense of humor, the cocky swagger, and LUCILLE.

Excellent, so it's a win for comic fans and those of us who just watch the show. :up: He really did an amazing job, he's usually such a charming and likable guy.

Definitely not Daryl now, you're right.... I think it is [BLACKOUT]Glenn[/BLACKOUT] like the comics. Maggie [blackout]screams in the audio leak. [/blackout]

Ah, I didn't know about the leak, that changes things then.

They will probably show another POV of the death when the season premieres so they can still kill off Daryl or anyone else.

They might do it that way but again, you don't kill off the shows most popular character as a reverse POV in your season opener IMO. I know some here are gagging for him to die but I don't see them pulling that, Rick will need Daryl to fight Negan especially.

tumblr_mzr1q9EAht1tp8q8mo1_r2_250.gif

Gimple invoking LOST's season 1 finale in defense of the cliffhanger. Because I'm sure whoever's head got caved in will reveal a drunken, near-suicidal Scotsman who inadvertently caused the plane crash zombie apocalypse. :o

I mean, people had literally just gotten over that whole Glenn debacle, and then they play this card? Where is the upside in this, even from the perspective of the writers?

I think Eugene has become the best character on the show lol

Father Gabriel did start to redeem himself after his pitiful showing the past few seasons.

"i don't care who died, where's the tiger?"

I thought the finale was great, maybe I am just not as invested in the show as others but not finding out was dead didn't bother me. What mattered was the tense build up and the pay-off being this fearsome and terrifying new villain.

Yeah Hunter what Joker said, JDM was ****ing perfect. And just wait until the blu ray/DVD release. Apparently they filmed this scene twice. Hunter if you aren't familiar with the comics Negan is a big fan of the F word. He uses it excessively. So apparently this whole ending (which was so excact to the comic beaides the F word) was filmed for the home release exclusively.

they better not stretch out the mystery of who died over next season.

It did not bother me, I have seen every episode so I am invested in the series, but it is a TV show and they want to bring in as many viewers for the season premiere in October as possible, yeah I would have liked to see who it was, and not sit for 7 months waiting and speculating, but that is TV for you and they are the number one show for a reason, but I will not worry much about it till September rolls around, its the long wait that irks me most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"