"The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Thread Manager, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Slick

Slick Yup

I think I’m going to give this season a chance. See how it plays out.

2. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

This Beta casting just reminds me that I've never watched Sons of Anarchy. Looking forward to Beta's scenes with Negan, though.

3. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

I finished rewatching the 8 seasons on blu-ray. To my surprise, Season 8 is now one of my favorites. I was very vocal in not liking it when it aired, but I really enjoyed it this time. Maybe it's because I got over the shock of losing Carl? I don't know... But the second half of the season is very strong with some great episodes in the first half like "Some Guy" and "The Big Scary U." I think it's the strongest in years. Gimple said Angela Kang was more involved in the writing and you can tell. The dialogue is a lot better and stuff like Aaron and Enid at Oceanside only lasts about 5 minutes instead of getting a full episode. I think Bear McCreary's score is the best it's been in a while, going from his usual TWD sound to Carpenter inspired synth to Last of Us vibes.

Other rewatch observations: the 16mm film grain looks amazing on blu-ray and AMC's broadcast doesn't do it justice, I didn't realize how much Carl was sidelined after season 4, the Rick and Jessie nonsense is worse than I remembered, season 4 doesn't play as well as on rewatch: the flu story isn't that exciting and I hate going multiple episodes without seeing characters (Fear TWD is doing the same thing now with Gimple's "bottle episode" format), and my ranking of the seasons has totally changed...

Season 5
    Season 3
    Season 8
    Season 2
    Season 7
    Season 6
    Season 4
    Season 1

4. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

5. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Season 9A episode titles, writers and directors:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  6. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Spoiler-free review of The Walking Dead season 9 premiere
    'The Walking Dead' Season 9 (Spoiler-Free) Review: Is This A Comeback?