The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Seaosn 4 Episode 9 Discussion Thread

Gotta say this is really feeling like the first time that I couldn't care less that the show is back. This episode didn't really help that feeling.

welcome back walking dead I've missed you

Last night's episode was excellent for character stuff with really good arcs for Michonne and Carl. However, if I asked you to describe the plot, what would you say?

"Uh.. There was some walkers, and, uh.. Carl shot them"

"Michonne fell asleep in a car"

"Rick slept for like a day"

"pudding."

I hope Episode 9 actually advances the plot forward and goes back to this "Sanctuary" stuff. Character/bottle episodes are nice but they have to be interesting to watch and backed up with at least a little plot (see: Fly from Breaking Bad's third season), and the majority of Walking Dead episodes involve talking and stabbing one or two walkers. It's boring.

All of the women who kept posting those "... more days til Daryl returns" memes must be pretty angry right now.

I kept hoping that Carl was going to die. The fact is, no matter what they do with that character, I will not like him. I wanted the brat dead the first time he opened his mouth in season 1.

You hate kids or something? Or just the actor?

His acting is pretty bad and it showed a lot in this one.

The episode was predictable, boring... this whole just surviving story is going to get old soon if they don't introduce something new, like a potential cure, hope for a better future and a new society, instead of more of the same for who knows how long.

And oh yeah, Daryl should die, he's not that interesting anymore, no one should be safe. :woot:

This was a huge arc for Carl in the comic and the show. Almost a straight adaptation. People always want more stuff from the comics along with character development and people complain when they do it. Smh.

They'll never find a cure or happiness for long. It's called The Walking Dead for a reason.

Last edited:
tumblr_n0rhj0tE3Y1qdk4doo1_250.gif
tumblr_n0rhj0tE3Y1qdk4doo2_250.gif

tumblr_n0rhj0tE3Y1qdk4doo3_250.gif
tumblr_n0rhj0tE3Y1qdk4doo4_250.gif

tumblr_n0rou6lgzY1qbmp7lo2_250.gif
tumblr_n0rou6lgzY1qbmp7lo1_250.gif

tumblr_n0rou6lgzY1qbmp7lo5_250.gif
tumblr_n0rou6lgzY1qbmp7lo3_250.gif

tumblr_n0ck9wTyhx1qc7yw7o1_r2_250.gif

Loved this episode. Michonne and Carl carried it beautifully. Michonne was such a bad ass. I wish she'd stop killing her pet walkers so quickly all the time though :p

Admitting and going back to his love was great to see. Especially after an episode of a bunch of resentment towards his father.

It was. Carl is this terrible combination of things: angry, scared, and a teenager. None of that works together well.

It wasn't like last season, when he shot a kid to death and then lied through his teeth about why he did it, then took on Rick for having a problem with it. He desperately needed a swift kick in the ass for that little tantrum.

This was different. They lost everything, and he was mad and taking it all out on the only person he could. It was selfish and wrong, and by the end, Carl damn well understood that too. That lesson in growing up wasn't about how many walkers you can take out, but realizing you can't do it alone. Of course his father loved him - he was the one who carried him to Herschel's farm when was dying from a gunshot - but I think he gets that his father's trying to do right by him.

Those gifs are a nice parallel of Carl making tough decisions dealing with both of his parents fate.

And even though it was hours later and he wasn't conscience when it happened, I notice that Rick was responding to Carl's tantrum, when he was reaching out for him.

It was. Carl is this terrible combination of things: angry, scared, and a teenager. None of that works together well.

It wasn't like last season, when he shot a kid to death and then lied through his teeth about why he did it, then took on Rick for having a problem with it. He desperately needed a swift kick in the ass for that little tantrum.

This was different. They lost everything, and he was mad and taking it all out on the only person he could. It was selfish and wrong, and by the end, Carl damn well understood that too. That lesson in growing up wasn't about how many walkers you can take out, but realizing you can't do it alone. Of course his father loved him - he was the one who carried him to Herschel's farm when was dying from a gunshot - but I think he gets that his father's trying to do right by him.

Good post, man. It was just very satisfying. Also seeing more of Rick being a father. Telling him to eat. Caring for him clearing an area of the house.

At a point you really believe that maybe he can do it alone though. But then that's when he thinks his father's gone. And he breaks down.

Good post, man. It was just very satisfying. Also seeing more of Rick being a father. Telling him to eat. Caring for him clearing an area of the house.

At a point you really believe that maybe he can do it alone though. But then that's when he thinks his father's gone. And he breaks down.

And at the beginning of the show, that diner they stopped at was called "Joe & Joe Jr's", owned by a father and son, presumably. The dad was the walker, and the son was the one who left the note asking someone to do what he couldn't.

In the end, Carl was no different.

And at the beginning of the show, that diner they stopped at was called "Joe & Joe Jr's", owned by a father and son, presumably. The dad was the walker, and the son was the one who left the note asking someone to do what he couldn't.

In the end, Carl was no different.

Wow. Is that from the comics? That's awesome.

And do you mean, by the end Carl is asking to do what he couldn't which is doing it alone?

Wow. Is that from the comics? That's awesome.

And do you mean, by the end Carl is asking to do what he couldn't which is doing it alone?

Nah, I just noticed it when I watched the episode again. The place was called "Joe & Joe Jr's BBQ Shack." The note left behind said "Please do what I couldn't," and it was signed "Joe Jr." And Carl kind of rolled his eyes and shook his head putting it down when he read it.

Then at the end, when he thought Rick was a zombie...turns out he couldn't do it either.

Nah, I just noticed it when I watched the episode again. The place was called "Joe & Joe Jr's BBQ Shack." The note left behind said "Please do what I couldn't," and it was signed "Joe Jr." And Carl kind of rolled his eyes and shook his head putting it down when he read it.

Then at the end, when he thought Rick was a zombie...turns out he couldn't do it either.

Yeah I caught him rolling his eyes. I see. That's a cool parallel. I shall watch this episode again haha.

Man i know carl has to deal w/ some issues but what a brat..!! glad to see some of michonne's back story. I dont think they have shown much of michonne. I wonder if michonne brought Carl's shoe back? Does everyone think Judith dead in the series?

Last night's episode was excellent for character stuff with really good arcs for Michonne and Carl. However, if I asked you to describe the plot, what would you say?

"Uh.. There was some walkers, and, uh.. Carl shot them"

"Michonne fell asleep in a car"

"Rick slept for like a day"

"pudding."
:whatever:

If someone asked, you would refer to the character development. You said it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"