The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 5 "Say The Word" Discussion Thread

Couple of things that keep recurring to me, one many of you have identified, is the zombie eatling Lori's entire body. I understand the impact the director was going for, but I would have preferred if Rick found a bloody skeleton next to the bloated zombie.

Secondly is the amount of intelligence shown by the zombie. He dragged her body around a corner for more private, safer eating. Dogs and other animals do that. It establishes a level of intelligence, not merely instinctual or residual human behavioral patterns.

I am wondering if we have more surprises coming our way, as to what these walkers are capable of.

T

I think it's more like it ate her where she was, the bloody drag marks was from him dragging himself all bloody and bloated, unable to stand up. When Rick found him that's pretty much as far as he had gotten.

I do think it could have been shot better, most likely was like 5 or more walkers that ate her, the one we saw ate the most, the rest wandered on.

I always wondered that. If zombies are basically just re-animated corpses, with the only thing active is their brain ? How does their digestive system work ? Wouldn't their stomach eventually explode ?
If they're not digesting, they're essentially violating physical laws (never mind biological truths).

Couple of things that keep recurring to me, one many of you have identified, is the zombie eatling Lori's entire body. I understand the impact the director was going for, but I would have preferred if Rick found a bloody skeleton next to the bloated zombie.

Secondly is the amount of intelligence shown by the zombie. He dragged her body around a corner for more private, safer eating. Dogs and other animals do that. It establishes a level of intelligence, not merely instinctual or residual human behavioral patterns.

I am wondering if we have more surprises coming our way, as to what these walkers are capable of.

T

We saw Morgans wife trying the door knob, the zombies using stones to break the glass when Rick and crew were trapped in the department store, but that was early on. They could deteriorate after a certain time. *shrugs*

The zombies in the first season seemed to show some rudimentary form of intelligence. And then there was the black suited walker from the pilot episode, you know the one who was chilling on the bus. He was stalking Rick but never attacked him for some reason. At first I was under the impression that he was going to be TWD's version of Bub from Day Of The Dead, but we never see him again in subsequent episodes.

You know, seeing some of the comments about the arena being a let down, I actually really liked it mostly because it gave Martinez something to do other than his role in the comics, and because Michael Rooker has become a damn likeable Merle. I still hate his racist ways in the early episodes, but damn if he hasn't become really entertaining since he came back, and he's got some genuine concern for people now which I like.

I listen to an audio drama podcast called "We're Alive"

In it the zombies behavior depends on how intelligent they were when alive. Most are the shambling mindless zombies but people with extremely high IQ's that have turned can still "think" and "order" other zombies around to trap humans.

I thought it's a pretty interesting new take on zombies

Yeah i've been meaning to listening to We're Alive for months now ever since Spill.com mentioned it.

I forgot to mention that this episode proves duct tape is the best, as it's the only material in the show, apart from boots/sneakers (when Daryl woke up and a walker was chewing on his toes), that can prevent a bite attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"