The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 8 "Made to Suffer" Discussion Thread

Yes. I'm ready to see how this all plays out. I don't think the Gov. will die before season 3.

What do you guys think?

Do you think they will let Woodbury get overrun by walkers and destroyed before season 3 causing the survivors to either get killed, turn or flee to fend for themselves the way Rick and them have?

They said Woodbury and the prison will last two seasons. I don't know how they will play it out. They can easily end this story arch in the last 8 episodes.

Maybe the defeat of Woodbury would be one season and the prison will go on for another season with other events. Kind of like how Hershel's farm was extended for a whole season.

I just hope they last. I am ready though to see some real terrorists/marauders/militia come through and be a real threat to both possibly.

Also, was it ever said if that one boy (hostage) from the end of season 2 was from the Woodbury camp or another?

What I want to see is some [BLACKOUT]cannibals[/BLACKOUT] on the show. The comic had some and they were awesome with what happens to them.

It has never been confirmed, although I get the feeling it was a different group as it seemed like there was lawlessness in the group and I can't see the Governor standing for that despite how twisted in the mind he is. He wants order and control.

What I want to see is some [BLACKOUT]cannibals[/BLACKOUT] on the show. The comic had some and they were awesome with what happens to them.

Have you played and/or watched the walkthroughs of TWD game? I enjoyed just watching the game played out and there was a group in there that I think was done even better than the comics.

I haven't yet but I've been meaning to buy the all the episodes and play them out for myself. I've been hearing nothing but great things about it.

They are certainly worth seeing at least. I actually put it right up there with the tv show with how good the storyline went.

I hope we see that group return and a battle ensues.

Anyone else notice that Lori/Sarah Callies name is still in the opening credits?

They said Woodbury and the prison will last two seasons. I don't know how they will play it out. They can easily end this story arch in the last 8 episodes.
I think the Governor and Woodbury will last, but I don't see Rick's group staying at the prison for long, since they've been compromised. The prison may be secure in certain areas, but the rest obviously still isn't which could lead to people getting captured again and them having to storm Woodbury for a third time.

They are certainly worth seeing at least. I actually put it right up there with the tv show with how good the storyline went.

I agree. The walkthrough for TWD game is an amazing story. I really hope that one day[BLACKOUT] We see what happens to Clementine.I really started to care about her character.[/BLACKOUT]

I think the theme of the show is discomfort. Any time in the show (or comic) they appear to be somewhere safe, is when things start to unravel because of limited resources, and people's instincts.

See, this is what bothers me. The Prison v. Woodbury stuff could/should end this season. Because all that "false security/soap opera" stuff that happens in the prison in the comics, was already played up in Season 2 with Hershel's Farm. So really, there's not much left to do with the Prison story (they're going to have to invent stuff, and I think it might feel contrived).

The only good thing about them stretching this for two seasons is more Governor. The actor is so awesome that I'm practically rooting for him at this point. Plus, he hates Michonne, so the two of us can relate :woot:

Yeah, well that's why she stabbed him in the eye. Ha!:doh:

We've had eight episodes of build-up to the two sides even learning of the other's existence. The war ahead has got to be more than that.

We've had eight episodes of build-up to the two sides even learning of the other's existence. The war ahead has got to be more than that.

Yeah, and that was WAY too many episodes. They've really taken decompressed storytelling to a new high (low). These guys should watch some Homeland; they know how to make stuff HAPPEN.

Does anyone else think that the Governor has not really betrayed Merl but it is just their way to get a mole inside the prison (as the Governor told Merl to do)?

Does anyone else think that the Governor has not really betrayed Merl but it is just their way to get a mole inside the prison (as the Governor told Merl to do)?

Only the 148 other people who have posted this theory over the last 2 weeks. I don't buy it personally. Merle lied about Michonne being dead. His lie led to Michonne killing Penny and causing havoc in his little utopia. The Governor might be calculating but he has every reason to want to just get rid of Merle.

Hopefully they're the villains for the first half of season four, that will make up for some messed up episodes.

Yeah, and that was WAY too many episodes. They've really taken decompressed storytelling to a new high (low). These guys should watch some Homeland; they know how to make stuff HAPPEN.

While I agree the ratings say otherwise.

AMC reairs the previous week's episode before a new one and that old episode does better in the ratings than a new Homeland.

I love how some people equate them being in the same place over a season as being slow. A lot has happened over this first half of the season just because they've been stationary doesn't make it decompression.

I don't think it's a ploy by The Governor. I think Philip really wants to get rid of Merle and blames him for what happened to him (and Penny) because he failed to kill Michonne and then lied about it.

And I agree with Darthpere's post above, just because they're in one location doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I like the slow-burn working up to the Prison vs. Woodbury clash, it gives it more build up and tension, IMO. I just hope the culmination pays off.

I'm not bored at all though. Actually I wasn't bored at the farm either.

I don't think it's a ploy by The Governor. I think Philip really wants to get rid of Merle and blames him for what happened to him (and Penny) because he failed to kill Michonne and then lied about it.

And I agree with Darthpere's post above, just because they're in one location doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I like the slow-burn working up to the Prison vs. Woodbury clash, it gives it more build up and tension, IMO. I just hope the culmination pays off.

I'm not bored at all though. Actually I wasn't bored at the farm either.

I agree with Darthpere and Schlosser. The Governor has lost alot because of this little raid. He's lost his eye, his dead daughter ( sounds crazy I know), plus his image as a security figure among the citizens of Woodbury has been tarnished. All because of Merle not only failing to kill Michonne, but also him taking Maggie and Glenn hostage, prompting Rick and the Crew to set in motion the chaos at Woodbury. It's not a plot to get into the prison, he blames Merle for the chaos and just wants him dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"