The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 10 "Home" Discussion Thread

But again, it's a case of Maggie has issues related to her sexual assault and Glenn is a dumb man trying to deal with it. Let's see a little more of Maggie dealing with it in various ways and not just Glenn dealing with it.

I admit now after re-watching the episode alone, that they're doing a better job than I thought with Maggie. In her talk with Herschel, you can see more complex emotions like shame and guilt that are usually associated with sexually based offenses that are especially heinous, and not just the depression and anger we saw in her interaction with Glenn.

I still struggle though with Glenn somehow only being a victim through his girlfriend, as if only a woman can be a victim. Could we at least say that Glenn's gone a little Shane because Glenn was tortured, because Glenn was bound to a chair and had a walker thrown on him? I just prefer if they played it more as "Glenn's got a thousand scenarios running through his head about Maggie AND he's trying to get back something he lost at Woodbury: His pride, his empowerment, peace." Some of his personal trauma he's boxing away or worse projecting onto Maggie. He's not dealing with his demons at all.

Yeah, typical walking dead drama. Why can't Glen and Maggie chalk it up to nobody was seriously harmed and leave it at that. Hug it out that were both still alive and figure out a way to kill the son of a itch (gov). Not linger on the oh I was so violated and now I'm emotional damaged goods for three episodes.

It's realistic. Do think someone would get over the drama of something of that magnitude happening to them so quickly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"