The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 13 "Alone" Discussion Thread

I took it romantically.

At first I thought a Daryl/Beth relationship would be kinda creepy but I looked her up and she's 28.

Me too! I thought romantic. But it may be a more of a father position. Idk. What a cliffhanger. I have no clue what happened to her.

Yeah I think Beth is supposed to play a...16-17 yr old?
Super cool avvy, Rows.

I wish they'd hurry up and reveal that Daryl was killed by Merle, and the Daryl we see now is just Merle in disguise.

Who else thought the piggyback rides with Daryl and Beth were adorable? Also when Daryl carried her to the table? Am I supposed to be taking this romantically? Haha

Despite the circumstances I'm relieved that whatever this is between Daryl & Beth has come to a halt for now b/c I'm not interested in seeing them hook up. If this relationship continues in that direction one of them's gonna have to go. Daryl was beginning to become too soft and was a little off his game in this recent ep. b/c of his affections towards Beth. And believing in Beth's ideals about there still being good people left in the zombie apocalyptic world. When apparently the so called good people that stayed at that funeral home might've kidnapped Beth.

Last edited:
At first I thought a Daryl/Beth relationship would be kinda creepy but I looked her up and she's 28.

It's less creepy when 90 percent of the world's population is dead.

I agree with Elevator though , the relationship would doom them.

I finally got to watching it today. Beth and Daryl is an odd one but those are odd times. Their relationship, whichever way it is going, definitely has impacted Daryl. He's not becoming softer, but he is becoming closer to another person and that gives him vulnerability and plenty of fans don't want a vulnerable Daryl. They want a hard as nails, take-no-****-from-any-zombie Daryl.

He's human. Beth is someone he cares about now in whatever way it is and that makes him a better character. He's not just a cardboard cutout badass anymore.

The Maggie/Bob/Sasha trio was kind of bouncing around and pointlessly broken up and reformed. There was really no need for Maggie to go off on her own or Sasha. It gave Maggie her own time to be solo killing zombies and using their blood to tell Glenn where to go but it wasn't necessary. She could easily have done that with those two going along.

And of course at the end we see Daryl has joined up with a gang of dangerous men. Fortunately it's Daryl and not say Rick, Bob or Glenn, who would probably have already been killed. Tyreese is the only other character who would've survived that encounter I can think of.

I have a funny feeling that whatever happened to Beth, it wasn't as sinister as they're making it out to be. I have a feeling that she fell and was semi-unconsious when whoever put her in the car found her, so she couldn't convey to them to wait for Daryl. Then they drove off and didn't hear him calling out after them. I wouldn't be surprised if the person in the car is one of the other members from the prison/group.

That's a stretch. Nobody left in Rick's group (that survived the prison battle) has a car at this point. I'm betting it's the people that stayed in that funeral home who kidnapped Beth. That whole thing was set up the moment Beth and Daryl went inside. And it was fishy how a bunch of walkers suddenly showed up on that porch.

That's a stretch. Nobody left in Rick's group (that survived the prison battle) has a car at this point. I'm betting it's the people that stayed in that funeral home who kidnapped Beth. That whole thing was set up the moment Beth and Daryl went inside. And it was fishy how a bunch of walkers suddenly showed up on that porch.

My bud brought up a great great point, he took the fact that when Beth stepped on the trap in the beginning surrounding the house, it was foreshadowing that the house they were about to enter is a trap itself.

He theorized maybe whoever was in the car set up those walkers outside and then bam. Getaway.

It's actually spooky as hell if you think about it.

It does make sense to me too. I was thinking how suspicious that setup was with fresh food and everything there, how it seemed too perfect.

I agree. The neatly packed food was just too perfect. What got me was how the walkers were all piled up at the door, without making that much noise, so it was as though they were lead there.

The reason i think that Beth wasn't abducted is because it seems so plainly obvious that she was, and this show is known for throwing curve balls at us. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out what really happens to her until next season seeing as how we have quite a few other characters and groups who are due some more screen time before the finale.

The clip on talking dead says it all, imo. Beth is in serious trouble.

Carol had a car.

Hopefully the next ep shows a flashback of Carol and how she was able to find Tyreese and the girls, b/c as a viewer that explanation on how she found him felt a little too phony. I know Rick kicked her out and she had to bend the truth to Tyreese, but she claimed she saw the fire at the prison. As well as seeing Tyreese running with the girls and then she lost him. So she happened to be around the area when the Gov. attacked or during the aftermath? Instead of Lizzie they probably should've had Carol be the one who killed Tara's now ex-girlfriend and therefore saving Tyreese. Then they all could've escaped the prison together. But then it would probably lead to more questions from the viewer. i.e. Carol was still in the prison? How? And when did she get back inside? etc. So I don't know. I mean I know it was already convenient for the plot that out of all the divided groups Carol happened to run into Tyreese, Lizzie, Judith, etc.

The clip on talking dead says it all, imo. Beth is in serious trouble.

Carol had a car.

That clip didn't reveal anything. Could have been a dream sequence. Could have been…anything. I thought the kid running around was Beth for a minute but it/she looked much younger.

That clip may have nothing to do with the Beth story line at all for all we know, it revealed, hinted, showed absolutely nothing.

Some people think the girl in the clip is Lizzie.

I definitely thought the kid in the clip was Lizzie.

An enjoyable, but odd episode.

The wandering trio had some interesting moments, but on the whole, it didn't make a lot of sense. Did Sasha really think that she and Bob could just "settle down" in some random abandoned warehouse by the train tracks? Surely, after her time at the prison, she understands that a larger group and sustainable resources are fairly critical to long term survival?

And zombie behaviour is getting more and more difficult to understand. Maggie was trapped by zombies so she just lay on the ground and they forgot about her? That was convenient. And the zombies in Daryl and Beth's mystery house were pretty effective at walking down stairs. With their feet shambling, I would have expected zombies to fall down stairs or have to crawl down them instead of walking down.

And the aforementioned mystery house was just odd. So well taken care of, but without any clear defensive measures. The front door was just unlocked and the food wasn't even hidden. The corpses ready for burial were also odd. It didn't strike me as a "trap" for people. Surely that would be too ineffective. What are the chances of someone stumbling along that house and deciding to stop there long enough for whoever was responsible for watching it to report back to their group? At the same time, if someone (good, bad or crazy) was living there, the fact that they left it unlocked for such a long time was equally odd.

And if it was a trap, then their actions were odd. Fair enough, they appear to have cut-down Daryl's early warning system and somehow lured a whole bunch of walkers to the front door without being detected, but wouldn't the result of that more than likely be two dead people and a formerly safe and clean "trap" house that was now full of zombies? Even if they thought that Daryl and Beth would escape, how did they know that they would run to the road to be there ready and waiting with a car. With all the zombies around, they could have been forced to run in any direction.

Wouldn't it make more sense to lull anyone who visits the house into a false sense of security and then attack them? Or to drug the food supplies so that once they've eaten, they're easier to kidnap for whatever nefarious purpose.

I guess the zombie apocalypse makes some people crazy, but there seemed to be far too much at risk for a minor and unknown reward for the entire house and zombie attack to be part of a trap. Not that I have a better explanation for the events.

That clip didn't reveal anything. Could have been a dream sequence. Could have been…anything. I thought the kid running around was Beth for a minute but it/she looked much younger.

That clip may have nothing to do with the Beth story line at all for all we know, it revealed, hinted, showed absolutely nothing.

I thought it was Beth at first, but it could be anybody. However It seems like someone really creepy is in the house and it may be the person that kidnapped Beth. So that's my interpretation of what's going on. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"