The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 3 "Isolation" Discussion Thread

I love how much Carol has grown over the course of the show.

Notice she never panicked when she was about to be ambushed by walkers. All of that time Rick spent being "away" and keeping to himself has allowed Carol to become more aggressive and more fearless. One of the captions during the Taking Dead said something like she has become the Don Corleone of the group.

Some people are predicting that Lizzie (the little "crazy" girl) is on a mission to killing the sick and she's the one who killed the two people and that Carol is just covering for her actions since she feels responsible. During this episode Lizzie went to Carol coughing. The cough sounded fake as ****. It was either another bad acting job by her or it was purposely done to give Lizzie an excuse to be placed with the sick group so she can kill more sick people. In the next episode preview it shows another body being dragged by someone from inside the prison. I wouldn't be surprised if Lizzie is responsible for the killings and Carol is the one who burnt the bodies. They have to be going somewhere with this Lizzie story. The other girl wasn't in this episode at all. Lizzie showing up randomly to Carol and coughing added nothing to this episode otherwise.

Great episode. When Daryl and Co bumped into that massive herd on the road, that was an epic moment. There was a scene like that in the comics where the road was covered as far as the eye can see with walkers. Same with the Tyreese/Rick punch up scene, and Tyreese surviving a mass walker attack single handed.

I really hope Hershel and Glenn survive this virus. They're two of my favorite characters. I loved the Carol twist. Never saw that coming.

Some people are predicting that Lizzie (the little "crazy" girl) is on a mission to killing the sick and she's the one who killed the two people and that Carol is just covering for her actions since she feels responsible. During this episode Lizzie went to Carol coughing. The cough sounded fake as ****. It was either another bad acting job by her or it was purposely done to give Lizzie an excuse to be placed with the sick group so she can kill more sick people. In the next episode preview it shows another body being dragged by someone from inside the prison. I wouldn't be surprised if Lizzie is responsible for the killings and Carol is the one who burnt the bodies. They have to be going somewhere with this Lizzie story. The other girl wasn't in this episode at all. Lizzie showing up randomly to Carol and coughing added nothing to this episode otherwise.

You know I was doubting these predictions and theories about Lizzie killing the infected, but it does make sense. I can see how Carol's speeches and pep talks to Lizzie in last weeks "Infected" some how encouraged her to do what she thought was right for the group. Either that or she's mentally sick.

Great episode.

I loved seeing Tyreese go Beast mode on those highway herd walkers and Rick's Batman detctive skills

You know I was doubting these predictions and theories about Lizzie killing the infected, but it does make sense. I can see how Carol's speeches and pep talks to Lizzie in last weeks "Infected" some how encouraged her to do what she thought was right for the group. Either that or she's mentally sick.

And keep in mind that scene where Carol gave Lizzie her knife back, and the camera focused on the girl slipping it back on her hip again. Seemed to linger on that shot a bit too long. Plus the younger sister's whole, "She's not weak, just messed up," line.

I still swear the inspiration for them is the twins from the comic, and how a child in this world can grow up to be so screwed up about killing real people.

Great episode.

I loved seeing Tyreese go Beast mode on those highway herd walkers and Rick's Batman detctive skills
That was very much a badass moment. I thought he was going to get eaten or bitten for a moment. Instead he re-killed all those zombies like a pro. :word:

I was also surprised at how strong Carol has grown. I think what gave away her being the one to kill those two and burn them was the size or shape of the hand print. I'd have to rewatch it but something about it got Rick's suspicions up.

I didn't hear enough detail to make it out.

Why did it have to be Manson to point out that Carol looks like the spokeswoman for that hermaphrodite yogurt? :(

Did not see that coming with Carol last night. :wow:

I love that they finally gave her a real arc now...not just the abused wife or the grieving mother. She's kicking some ass and she's dangerous now. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Either the kid playing Lizzie is the worst kid actress on TV, or she's faking. I didn't believe it all when she said she was sick.

That was a great Herschel episode last night too. Loved the scene between him and Carl with the two campground walkers. I saw Scott Wilson at the Chiller Theater convention in NJ yesterday. He is really tall! I have no patience to wait in the autograph lines, but he seemed really nice. He gave a little kid a high-five. :yay:

Talking Dead was unwatchable last night. :whatever:

I'm guessing the radio is going to lead them to Abraham's group, if it doesn't turn out to be the Governor.

Is it okay to hate Manson AND Talking Dead/Chris Hardwick? I'm in that camp.

Thundercrack85 said:
Did anyone make out what was said on the car radio?

Just sounded like a few snippets of platitudes ("we're still alive" "don't give up") etc. As mentioned probably is another bigger group of survivors holed up someplace better than the prison (hopefully).

Why did it have to be Manson to point out that Carol looks like the spokeswoman for that hermaphrodite yogurt? :(

Man, remember True Lies when that short haircut on Jamie Lee Curtis made her look so sexy instead of old? Those were the days...

One of the best regular season episodes of WD ever! Really great and full of everything that makes the show great. I kind of want to be an elistist and throw a little shade at the show for backlash to its popularity so i was prepared to find something to complain about, from that perspective the show let me down. Well maybe next week cuz this weeks epy was beyond reproach.

Did not see that coming with Carol last night. :wow:

Honestly, at first I was suspecting Herschel, what with his speech about what you're willing to risk and do to defend your family, etc, and the way he was acting mysterious about going out when he wasn't supposed to.

I knew it was Carol after the talk with Tyrese and her breakdown.

I'm guessing the radio is going to lead them to Abraham's group, if it doesn't turn out to be the Governor.

I'm worried about that. Abraham is a good guess though.

Maybe it was a traffic report... I-85 backed up by due to unusually large horde of undead.

So Carol is now an uber survivalist, interesting development. I wonder how Rick is going to handle this, first he had the intense punch up with Tyreese over it and then Daryl said he'd put a bolt through whoever did it, given Daryl's closeness with Carol that's going to be interesting to see play out.

I like the Daryl and Michonne pairing and the scene where they got caught in the middle of the sea of walkers was awesome, one of the best zombie fights in the series.

I don't know......solving the murders so fast...Carol's unflinching confession.......like when the evidence on CSI points in only one direction just thirty minutes into the episode.......there's gotta be more to it.....I'm on board with the Lizzie theory.

Carol might not have killed them but she did drag the bodies to burn them. Though I see how tough she's gotten so I'm not going to start second guessing her confession just yet. She seems quite capable of it now.

I thought this was definitely the weakest epi of season 4 thus far except for the epic heard shot. That was nuts :wow:

The fight with Tyreese seemed really forced. Tyreese had 0 business decking Rick there. He's lucky he didn't get a arrow in the head for that ****.
The car getting stuck on the walkers? Come on man they could have kept going right through that heard at 15 miles an hour. last I heard walkers CAN'T BREAK PLATED GLASS WINDOWS. sO INSTEAD OF EASING THROUGH THE HEARD (WHICH WAS HUGE !), THEY FLOOR IT IN REVERSE AND GET STUCK ON A HILL OF WALKERS :whatever:

Sorry for the caps but I'm not retyping for the sake of a perfect post.

Anyway cool shot with the heard. Everything else was just sort of meh to me.

Notice she never panicked when she was about to be ambushed by walkers. All of that time Rick spent being "away" and keeping to himself has allowed Carol to become more aggressive and more fearless. One of the captions during the Taking Dead said something like she has become the Don Corleone of the group.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. That could definitely be the case. Carol would do anything for the group. And Lizzie's cough did sound pathetic. I had chalked it up to bad acting but maybe.... Interesting. Hmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"