The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 13 "The Same Boat" Discussion Thread

One of the most chilling lines was "We're all Negan."

latest

Well these last two episodes are making me actually dislike Carol, never thought that would happen.

Well these last two episodes are making me actually dislike Carol, never thought that would happen.
Really? I think she's just trying to figure out how to be -- Cookie Carol or Creepy Carol. :(

I think her Suzie Homemaker "character" has become real to an extent. It was just a performance, but she's actually come to enjoy it, and doesn't want to go back to being a single-minded killing machine.

Me to Carol at the end of the episode:

[YT]F5zboV3_9KY[/YT]

I think her Suzie Homemaker "character" has become real to an extent. It was just a performance, but she's actually come to enjoy it, and doesn't want to go back to being a single-minded killing machine.

I think it is sort of reawakening a part of her that died with Sophia. I don't know why anyone would have issues with what is going on with her. I find her arc in the show more interesting that Rick's.

I think it is sort of reawakening a part of her that died with Sophia. I don't know why anyone would have issues with what is going on with her. I find her arc in the show more interesting that Rick's.

I like the fact it's showing she's not a machine. You also have to remember it had been over two months without an incident which also played into her complacency and crisis of conscience. Getting back into survival mode.

why so quick to turn on Carol? She still getting the job done

Carol doesn't want to become like Paula. The two definitely had a lot in common. Carol's conscience is what separates her from someone like Negan and the Saviors, though. She doesn't want to feel nothing when she kills. You know how her husband beat her up like it was nothing? She doesn't want to become THAT person.

However, if you harm someone in the family, like Maggie's baby, then it's ON. Carol had zero hesitation with 'Chelle. And then she "manned up" and set the rest of those guys on fire.

Carol is the best-written character in the show, in my opinion. I don't think she's going to become another Morgan, but she's feeling the weight of the lives she's taken (which makes her more human, in my opinion). In fact, I think she's been feeling that weight since Lizzie, but she's pretended to be stoic and invincible all this time; she's hidden her true self in several environments (between her being Betty Crocker and then being Rambo).

This gives Carol more depth rather than "I'm invincible." She feels like one of the most real characters in the series ... Easily.

Exactly. She doesn't have to enjoy it, though ... Which makes her one of the good guys.

Last edited:

People seem to dislike it when characters on this show aren't constant badasses, and don't kill when they think they should.

People seem to dislike it when characters on this show aren't constant badasses, and don't kill when they think they should.

Isn't this the reason why so many people have become bored of Daryl? Because he's always a badass? :oldrazz:

The problem is that this side of Carol just showed up last week...seemingly because this show constantly needs that mentality in the philosophical mix. It was just a few episodes ago where she was fighting the peace-loving Morgan because she really wanted to kill that last Wolf.

The problem is that this side of Carol just showed up last week...seemingly because this show constantly needs that mentality in the philosophical mix. It was just a few episodes ago where she was fighting the peace-loving Morgan because she really wanted to kill that last Wolf.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Remember the episode with Assassin's Creed Carol? After all was said and done, she had a private mini-breakdown. This has been brewing for a while.

Exactly. She doesn't have to enjoy it, though ... Which makes her one of the good guys.
Exactly. I think what she's really afraid of is the fact that she is capable of being Creepy Carol. :(

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Remember the episode with Assassin's Creed Carol? After all was said and done, she had a private mini-breakdown. This has been brewing for a while.

Sure...she has never ENJOYED killing. But this new "I will try everything in my power not to kill" Carol is brand new. Again...the fight over the Wolf proves that. He was their captive...and in need of medical care...and she fought her friend in order to get a shot at killing him. This new Carol begs enemies to run away, and then hesitates so long that they can get close enough to her to knock the gun out of her hand.

I think her making the list of everyone she killed was a rather big sign a few weeks ago.

I think her making the list of everyone she killed was a rather big sign a few weeks ago.

Oh yeah...sorry...it was like 3 weeks ago, not 2 weeks ago.

No difference at all.

If she had written numbers down in the book last season or something, THAT would be different. Heck, even if she had done it in the first half of THIS season. But she didn't...because they didn't decide to do this with her character until the second half of the season. During the break they clearly decided to make a major shift in Carol.

Sure...she has never ENJOYED killing. But this new "I will try everything in my power not to kill" Carol is brand new. Again...the fight over the Wolf proves that. He was their captive...and in need of medical care...and she fought her friend in order to get a shot at killing him. This new Carol begs enemies to run away, and then hesitates so long that they can get close enough to her to knock the gun out of her hand.

Oh yeah...sorry...it was like 3 weeks ago, not 2 weeks ago.

No difference at all.

If she had written numbers down in the book last season or something, THAT would be different. Heck, even if she had done it in the first half of THIS season. But she didn't...because they didn't decide to do this with her character until the second half of the season. During the break they clearly decided to make a major shift in Carol.

Yessssss thank you. All of this. Exactly. :up:

She's kept all of this internal struggle to herself for this long. You don't think that's bound to make someone lose it at some point?

So, why is it an issue that Morgan is getting to her? That seems to be the catalyst.

This totally isn't a night and day change, guys. Every single one of Carol's kills have meant something. They've never shown her kill someone and have it not mean anything.

Even with the Termites, her kills meant something. Why else have that dialogue between Carol and Mary about victimhood?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"