The 'What If?' Marvel RPG - Season thread

Cyrusbales

Avenger
Reaction score
Marvel-character-composit.jpg

The "What If? Marvel" RPG

GameMaster
: CyrusBales
This game is similar to the Marvel RPG, However it is based off of What if's, so the players can shape a new world of marvel.
RULES:
-Players can choose any hero/villain in the Marvel universe, No God-Like characters(galactus etc). Only two hero's/villains may be taken up as a maximum by any one player, all must be approved by game-master.
-The what if's stem from the 616 universe, not ultimate.
-WHAT IF= When you submit a character from, you can submit a 'what if' that will shape the marvel universe, obviously they all must be approved before accepted, and with the character roster will be a 'what if' roster.
-No Killing. Unnamed faceless NPC's may be killed, but not comic characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
-You can go anywhere on Earth, or travel off planet, but do so within your characters means.
-You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use there dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explination.
-Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
-No Time Travel.
-You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
-You must have at least 50 posts on the Hype boards to be eligible to play
-And of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
-Have fun.

To sign up, or just ask questions, please view the thread below:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260362

WHAT IF'S:

-XAVIER and MAGNETO's roles are reversed, ie: XAVIER is against humanity, Magneto wishes to save it.

-PETER PARKER never rid himself of the symbiote, being consumed by it.

-DAREDEVIL killed the kingpin and took up his position as the crime lord.

-RICK JONES is the HULK, and has almost total control.

-WOLVERINE is stilll under the control of Weapon X.

-Only SANDMAN'S childish side remains from the split.

-BEAST never suffered his further mutation

-VULCAN grew up with his brothers, and is now on MAGNETO'S side.

-MR. IMMORTAL joined the avengers after growing up in New York.

-The Phoenix force inhabbited ROGUE instead, and she ended up joining MAGNETO'S brotherhood of mutants.

-GAMBIT never gained control of his powers and they corrputed him.

-NORMAN OSBORN never went insane, and became the HOBGOBLIN instead.

-BIG BERTHA was self centred until her rejection from society, where she was take in by the brotherhood.

-GHOST RIDER was saved from his deal with Zarathos and bonded with Yeshua and Azrael to become the spirit of redemption and execution.

-TONY STARK made ironmen for the government, whilst keeping the ultimate upgrades for himself.

-When FRANK CASTLE'S family was exectued, he was shot and suffered brain damage which fractured his psyche and distorted his memory and mind.

-ADRIAN TOOMES was a police officer, forced into retirement, upon BLACKI DRAGO'S death, he took his equipment to become the VULTURE and continue fighting crime.

-JEAN GREY was abducted by the Shi'ar as they thought she possesed the phoenix force. However learning she didn't, she was sent to earth to retrieve the one with the phoenix force.

ROSTER
Professor X
Cyrusbales

Spiderman(symbiote)
Master Bruce

Daredevil
Braniac 8

HULK(rick jones)
Byrd Man

Sandman
Mr Marko

Beast
Mr Marko

Wolverine
Byrd Man

Vulcan
spartin2008

Mr Immortal
Zoken

Magneto
Braniac 8

Rogue
Noon

Gambit
Guitarsingerguy

Hobgoblin
Venom160

Big Bertha
Zoken

Ghost Rider/The Rider
The Question

Ironman
Spideyssuperfan

Punisher
Cyrusbales

Vulture(Adrian toomes)
Feature

Jean Grey
Apprentice

PROFESSOR XAVIER

"The human race, throughout time has been divided by it's differences, causing numerous wars and destruction.Only once the inferior members of society are removed, will the world begin to flourish the way it should.Mutants are the next step in evolution, and as such, much surpass the frail and pointless people that spread like a virus
across the face of the planet. Nature has selected us as the superior race, and given us power to rid ourselves of the others, yet some still choose to resist.

Defending the people of this world who should be no more than slaves and livestock to us, there
are those who appose us, squandering their powers so we cannot take our rightful place.

Now do you see young Pietro? Do you see what your father is doing to us all? No one can stand in the way of nature, and we must show him this. Join us, follow Scott's example and help us make the world what it should be. Join the X-men."

"Merry Christmas, Tiger."

Peter Parker's eyes jolted open within the darkness, hearing that voice. His head spun, looking around, trying to find the source. But deep down, in a relatively small part of him anymore... He knew it wasn't really there. All that he had heard was a desperate attempt to find even a shread of light in the blackness that cloaked his being. But that was long gone, now.

He looked up. What would've usually been the sight of a clear or cloud sky was replaced with the noise of New York City traffic and the sight of the streets below. He wasn't looking up at to the heavens. He was looking down at hell.

Damn it. It happened again...

SENSM036_cov.jpg

He couldn't lie to himself... His sudden appearance in the city when he didn't remember coming here was now a routine way of waking up. So surprise didn't exactly overwhelm him. However, for once, he wished he could feel as in control as he used to. Now he was a puppet for a being

This being? It went by a name. A name Peter came up with when he was a mere teenager. During... well, greater times... Happier times. Times he wished he could go back to. But now the name was tainted... misused beyond the point.

It's name was The Amazing Spider-Man. And tonight, it had work to do. Peter would join it in it's work... even though he was just a backseat passenger, in a sense.

"Ready for some fun, Petey?", He told himself, looking at his darkened reflection in the skyscraper across from him. "Of course not. You never are. But then again... Look where that got you."

Peter didn't want this. Hell, he didn't need this. Especially now. The papers had just come in... Mary Jane wanted a divorce. At first when she said she was leaving, he laughed. He carried on as if she was mocking him. But these days, Peter wasn't laughing anymore. Because for the first time in his life... He didn't feel as if there was anyone he could turn to. Johnny Storm turned against him. The city itself turned against him. His Aunt May couldn't take it anymore, so she turned against him. Now his own wife was following in their footsteps. And what hurt the most was... Peter didn't know if it actually did hurt him, anymore.

"Her loss.", Spider-Man muttered to himself, bitterly.

Standing straight, clinged upside down to the gargoyle, Spider-Man extended his arm in a fist, and watched as a webstrand fired from his knuckle. The substance snagged a nearby ledge, giving him all the time in the world.

"What was it you said, Pete? The day this all started? Oh yeah...", Spider-Man said, before leaping off the gargoyle and swinging low, between two cabs on the street, and soaring into the sky.

"Look out, world. Cause here comes Spider-Man.", He mockingly repeated, before letting go of the line.

"You really were such a pathetic little geek back then. But don't fret. After all...", Spider-Man continued, with a smirk curling under his jet black mask. "You have me."

That small part of Peter was scared. Because he knew that, once again... He was in for a black christmas.

"NO! ST-STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, FREAK!!!"

Blackie Drago. The Vulture. He had made quite a reputation for himself over the last ten years or so. And like always, there was only one man in the entire city that dared to stop him.

However, this time was different. Much different. Vulture had heard all the rumors... All the sayings that Spider-Man had gone rogue within the past year. Of course he didn't believe them... Spider-Man had always been far too cheerful. Far too represetive of all the wretched good will in the world.

That was until he witnessed the webslinger snap the necks of his two henchmen with ease. Now, he was flying for his life. Because if there was one thing the old Spider-Man would've never done... it was take another life, much less two. He wasn't been followed by the Webbed Wonder... He was being chased by a cold blooded nightmare. A being much more powerful, and perhaps even much more evil than he could ever dare to be.

The man known as The Vulture only panicked when he heard the bone chilling taunts behind him.

"Aww... Would ya look at that! Vulchy's scared of the dark!", Spider-Man replied, evilly, leaping from skyscraper to skyscraper in pursuit of his old foe.

Unknown to Vulture, Spider-Man was actually holding back. Though he displayed great speed and agility as he gracefully traveled after the villain, He wasn't even trying. And why should he? After all... the fun was just beginning.

"You're outta yer' mind!", The Vulture called out, trying to reach the Spider-Man he had come to know. But to no avail, as Spider-Man only increased his crawling speed.

"Gee, you noticed?", Spider-Man responded. "Usually I have to rip off the second or third limb before they realise that!"

Leaping from the skyscraper, Spider-Man flipped, three times, as he soared above Vulture's head. Slamming his feet downwards, Spider-Man's feet connected to Vulture's back, hitting the frightened villain with a force that he had never felt before.

Vulture screamed, as Spider-Man flipped again, and began to plummet along with him.

"Bottom floor, anyone?", Spider-Man mocked, wrapping his arm around Vulture's neck in mid-air.

"N-No! Lemme go! LEMME GO!!!"

"Well, that would be a fun way to end this. But I've got something better in mind.", Spider-Man whispered into his foes ear.

All that Vulture would remember for the next few moment was the agonising pain, as Spider-Man fired out a webline and threw the both of them into the glass of a nearby building. He couldn't hear the webslinger's further taunts as he proceeded to rip out every one of the enlarged feathers that made The Vulture fly. He didn't even remember being dragged and pulled from the floor by Spider-Man's inhuman grip. All that he knew, was that now, he was going to die. Because Spider-Man was holding a sharp piece of glass in between them.

"W... Why...?", The Vulture asked, weakly. "Why are ya... doing... this...?"

Spider-Man was silent, for a long moment. He didn't move, either. All he did was stand, with the Vulture still in his grip, staring down at the glass shard in his hand.

"I... I..."

Vulture looked up at his foe. But immediatley, his eyes widened, as he realised something: The glass shard was now in Vulture's own chest. Spider-Man pulled him close, up to the emotionless white of his eyes. The eyes of his killer. Vulture would never forget those eyes, as he rotted in hell.

"I guess being a Friendly Neighborhood just got boring.", Spider-Man said, angrily, before ripping out the shard, and letting his enemy fall to the floor... the life racing from him.

Spider-Man stepped back, for a moment, realising what had just happened. Not the killing... but what happened, in that one, short instance before he taught The Vulture the greatest lesson of all. Peter had made it through, for even a small moment. Spider-Man clenched his fists.

Nice one, Petey. You really had me going. For a second, I thought you actually stood a chance. Silly me.

He'd work to fix that from happening again. But for now, the streets below would bathe in blood, as the corpse of Blackie Drago hung above it, wrapped in a large, bloody web. And his killer would be long gone... One with the night that spawned him. Or at least this new part of him.

He only had one thing to say, as he swung into the depths of the darkness.

"Merry Christmas, Petey. Hope you liked the present."

A part of him knew the truth. He'd never have a Merry Christmas again.

My name is Matthew Murdock, but the world knows me by the name Daredevil. I was once a superhero like many others in this city, but like many things, that changed. Why risk your life day by day to save a humanity that is slowly destroying itself? There is no point to it. I see heroes out there every day, and what does it get them? Nothing, just indifference and hatred.

I am also blind, or at least in the usual sense. I do not have the conventional eyesight like most people, but I can "see." As a child I was in an accident that bestowed upon me the gift to see with my other senses, almost like a radar...very similar to the way bats see their prey. I see power in my gift, and power is what I have.

I am the Kingpin of New York. The job used to belong to an enemy of mine back when I played hero in the city. His name was Wilson Fisk, and he was responsible for the death of my father. I was powerless to stop him from killing my dad, and I will never be that powerless again. So I killed him...I killed Fisk. By doing so, it left New York open for any crime boss to claim Fisk's seat. I wasn't about to let that opportunity go.

So I took the seat, and anyone who does not fall in line meets the end of the line. I am the Kingpin, only the city does not know that. By day I am a lawyer...Matt Murdock..attorney at law. Only I don't fight for truth, justice, and the American way. I fight for those whom I find usefull, those of ill intent, those who work for me.

I am the Kingpin, I am Daredevil, and those who dare to defy me will soon regret it.

Daredevil41.jpg

Magneto awoke to the blaring of sirens indicating an intruder in the vicinity. He quickly got out of bed and ran into the hallway. Red lights from overhead flooded the halls with color. He didn't see anyone down either way, so he ran to one end of the hall, heading for the security room. He entered the room and quickly glanced at the moniters lining the wall in front of him.

"What in blazes is going on Mortimer?"

Toad started quickly typing commands into the console in front of him.
"Bloody 'ell if I know Eric. It was all quiet until a moment ago. I have Cannonball checking out the situation, and Vulcan is on standby if we need him.

"Wait a minute Toad....stop on that panel. Zoom in there and what do you see?"

One of the moniters started zooming in. showing movement near the entrance of the compound.
"Somethings there Eric. They are slowly making their way to the front door. I'll give them one thing, they got guts."

"I'll handle this."

Magneto left the room and quickly headed in the direction of the intruder. It has been like this ever since he has instituted the Brotherhood of Mutants, a team of mutant heroes, trained to fight and defend those who hate and fear them; namely humans. His dream is that there will be a time when humans and mutants can live side by side in peace; calling each other brother.

There are those who fight that dream. Professor Charles Xavier is foremost among them, with his band of human killing mutants called the X-Men. For this reason Eric Magnus Lehnsherr founded his Brotherhood, and provided for them a safe and comfortable place to live. He purchased years ago a small island off the coast of New York, and built an institution there where he can provide sanctuary for mutants in trouble or those who wish to fight for Eric's dream. He also uses this institution to train mutants in how to use their powers effectively and safely.

"If only Charles would listen to reason. We used to be such good friends Charles, what went wrong between us? What made our outlook so different?"

Eric stopped pondering once he reached the entrance, but the door was ajar...whoever the intruder may be, they are already inside. With a thought, a bubble of Magnetic energy encircled Magneto. He heard shuffling behind him. Magneto quickly turned around, ready for an attack. But instead of an enemy, he saw a small child curled up on the floor cowering in fear. Magneto's shield suddenly dropped, and the funny thing is that he didn't do it.

"Hello child," Eric said softly. "Did you do that to my power, did you shut it off...tell me...what is your name?"

The youngster sniffed and looked up at him. "My name Leech. Leech is sorry, didn't mean to turn you off. That is Leeches power, Leech can shut of other's powers. People hate Leech, because of Leech being ugly...different." Leech sobbed as he said this.

"There there child. You have nothing to fear here...you did nothing wrong. Welcome to the sanctuary Leech, you never have to be afraid again."

SANDMAN
Season 1: Part 1

Willy Baker sat under the bridge in the rain. It was cold and he was scared. He hadn't meant to kill his friends. All he wanted to do was be a regular kid.

But he wasn't a regular kid. It had been over a year since he had woken up on the beach alone, completely clueless of who he was and where he came from. Some lady had taken him to the police, who eventually, after not being claimed by anyone, was taken to an orphanage. Since he had no idea who he was, the police had guessed around 13 years old. That sounded good to Willy.

"William?"

"I...I think so. William Baker, ma'am."

"How does Willy sound?" The nice lady at the orphanage was named Patricia Hoskins. She had made some comment to the police officer about that being the name of a hardened criminal, but Willy had never really understood what they were talking about.

He spent the next few months getting to know the other kids in the orphanage. He had become good friends with Freddy Slater, and the two of them had come up with all sorts of fun games to play. Their LEGO mansion was a masterpiece. Who know how much fun little plastic blocks could be?

"So, how did you end up here?" Freddy had asked.

Willy never really figured out how to answer that question. He just didn't know. "My parents died in a car crash." It was better than telling them he didn't know. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Yeah...mine too." Freddy had answered. Well, that was easier than he thought.

Several more months of life in the orphanage and he had begun to have nightmares. Nightmares of Spider-Man. Wierd dreams of Spider-Man sucking him into a vacuum, and others of him being washed away in the sewers. They had frightened him. Several nights he had lied alone in bed, crying.

Why was Spider-Man haunting his dreams?

Time passed and the dreams faded. He still carried a fear and inner hatred from the wall-crawler, but he no longer haunted him. Every once and a while he would see the black-and-white costume on TV or in the papers, and he would feel a shiver run down his spine.

Things were fine. Right up until the Thanksgiving feast. It had been a mild autumn, and the sandbox in the back of the orphange was still usable. He didn't really have a liking for the sandbox, but Freddy and a couple of the other children were building something cool, so he thought he'd join in.

"What the hell is happening to you, Willy?!"

"Shut up, dude. You know Ms. Hoskins doesn't like it when you talk like that."

"No, dude, I mean...what the f@#$?!" Freddy pointed at Willy's legs which were now slowly turning into sand.

Willy immediately panicked. He was melting into the sandbox! "Ahhh!!"

Freddy stumbled away from the sandbox, running for help. "Ms. Hoskins!!! WILLY'S DYING!""

Suddenly, Willy realized this wasn't new. Scores of memories rushed back to him like a tidal wave. Bank robberies of a hundred kind. Was this him? He was only 13...14 next month! He felt control of the sand. It had been a long time.

Ms. Hoskins and Freddy came running outside, and Ms. Hoskins stared at him in absolute fear. "It's impossible. He was a grown man." She ran over to Willy to pull him up and out of the sand, but her hands ran through him as his body turned to sand.

Willy could control this...all he had to do was reverse the sand. Just undo it. He concentrated hard, but something went wrong. Sand began to fly from the sandbox. He didn't mean to fill her lungs with sand, nor his friends. Freddy's eyes were full of fear as Willy uncontrollably filled every cavity in his body with sand.

Gaara_Unleashed_by_dtownley1.jpg

After over a minute of fury, the carnage stopped. He sat alone in the sandbox...completely, 100% fine. Not a scratch. He looked at his mother and brothers in terror, and wept.

It was now one month since the orphange incident. Willy had taken to the streets. He had remembered bits and pieces since then, although he really had no idea what it meant. He had no idea why he had a fear of Spider-Man, nor did he know why he had volumes of memories of a life he was positive had not yet happened.

Willy Baker sat under the bridge in the rain. It was cold and he was scared. He hadn't meant to kill his friends. All he wanted to do was be a regular kid.

PROFESSOR XAVIER

Sitting in the war room in preparation for the next step of fixing this world, we await for Dr Hank McCoy.

"So glad you join us Pietro, our cause will be all the more successful with your assistance."

I'm pleased to have Pietro on our side, should make dealing with his father all the more interesting. Ah, Hank is here now.

"Pietro, allow me to introduce you to Doctor Hank McCoy, one of the finest minds of the scientific community..."

It had been two long nights since reports flew in to the Daily Bugle that Blackie Drago, The Vulture, was now nothing more than a memory. A memory that was crafted by his longtime enemy, The "Unamazing" Spider-Man, as people had begun calling him. The people who had the courage, anyway.

To him, it was all unwanted noise. Nothing more. Why should he care what other people thought about him? He didn't know any of his vocal opposers. And quite honestly, if he did, he only knew he'd rip their heads from their shoulders. What was the point?

That's the question Peter Parker found himself asking, as Spider-Man landed on a nearby building, resting from his night's work for a short moment.

trailer_40.jpg

"What's a matter, Petey? Getting tired this early? I've only just begun.", Spider-Man stated, crouching on the wall he was clinged to.

Peter had remained quiet for a long time, letting Spider-Man verbally abuse him. And even though he knew it wouldn't do any good, it was past time that he spoke up.

"Why?", he asked. WHY?! That's a question I'd like to know the answer too, aswell!

"Relax, already. Jesus.", Spider-Man responded to the voice in his head. "You should be thanking me. Bastards like The Vulture spent their lives tormenting you and everyone around you. Those days are gonna be in the past, by the time I'm done with this hellhole."

You know, I'm getting really sick of you trying to sound like you know what I'd want. If you REALLY knew everything about me, you'd know for sure that this isn't the life I chose for myself. I took these powers with responsibility, and now you're misusing them in your own selfish thurst for supremecy. Face it, you don't know a thing about me.

"You want to know what I do know about you, Petey?, Spider-Man asked, in an angered tone. "I know that you're a man that let everyone walk all over you. You might aswell have been called 'The Amazing Doormat', because that's all I saw when I found you. Old man Jameson always ripped on you in the papers, Mary Jane always convinced you to hold back, Supervillains always beat the living tar out of you... And what did you do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You were a weakling then, you're a weakling now. The Amazing Spider-Man? My ass."

Spider-Man looked out at the city, knowing Peter was looking at it aswell.

trailer_41.jpg

"I'm misusing these powers? Are you freaking kidding me? I'm using them like you always should've! You could do things most other men could only dream about, Peter. And... and all you worried about was whether or not some old hag got a blood transfusion, or when to pick up some blonde bimbo for a date! You could've been a god! Did that ever even occur to you?!", Spider-Man yelled at himself, enraged.

...Yes. It did, once. And I'm the one that payed the price.

"Oh, whaa. 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility'. Cry me a river.", Spider-Man fired back. "You were so worried about fufilling the wishes of a dead guy that you let this city run loose with the sickest, most vile people on this planet. And what's worse is that you didn't have the balls to take care of them the right way."

You're wrong.

"Keep telling yourself that.", Spider-Man responded. "You had your chance at playing hero. Now it's my turn. And I'll be damned if I'm going to screw it up like you did."

Suddenly, both of them were stopped in their words, as Spider-Man felt a tingle at the back of his skull. Under the mask formed on his face, a smile curled up. And it definatley wasn't Peter's.

"I believe we're about to get a visitor."

Waiting for a few moments, Spider-Man finally spun, slamming his fist into the wall behind him as the scarlet figure ducked, and leaped, landing on the opposite building.

"What the hell do you want, Kaine?", Spider-Man growled, as a the red and blue clad male looked back at him, baring an eerie resemblance to Spider-Man himself.

BenSpiderLegs.gif

"What do I want? You can honestly ask that after what you just did?!", Kaine yelled.

"Beg your pardon?", Spider-Man asked, somersaulting upwards on the wall, until he was at the very top of it.

"It's all over the place, Peter. CNN, The Times, The Bugle, MSNBC... All of them talking about how Spider-Man finally proved them right!", Kaine responded, crawling up the building he was on, until he was at the same height as Spider-Man. "You've finally proven that you're a menace to society. What could you have possibly been thinking?!"

"Whoah, whoah, hold it right there, pal. Don't act so surprised. I mean, you did know about that punk in Harlem. And those drug dealers in the Bronx."

"-WHAT?! You mean that this isn't the first- I... You told me that you were innocent!", Kaine shouted, astonished.

"Oops. Did I say that?", Spider-Man taunted, evilly.

"PETER! How could you do all of this?! Do you have any idea what-"

"-Hell yes, I do. It'll make people fear me. Maybe fear us. And if the crime in this city continues, Kaine, believe me... What I did to the Vulture is only a taste of what's to come."

"Is that... a threat?", Kaine asked. "You really have lost it! This isn't good for the city... This is just going to make everything worse! The police are after you, everyone's afraid of you... And it's the same with me! I can't function like this, you know that!"

"Not my problem if you can't handle it.", Spider-Man snapped back. "When I told you that you could be the new Spider-Man, you knew the risks. You knew all of this would happen. So don't come crying to me if you've chickened out."

"That's a load of crap, right there!", Kaine responded. "I knew you were hated. But you never intentionally made it that way, Peter. You never actually gave them a reason!"

Watch this, Petey. The Academy Awards are gonna be banging at the door, after this little waltz.

"So you're not happy for me. Is that it, Kaine? Are you sore that I'm not the human doormat that I used to be?!", Spider-Man yelled back. "I've spent my entire life letting people like Vulture and The Green Goblin ruin it in every possible way that they can. And I'm sick of it! I'm sick of letting it happen, and I'm sick of seeing people like you letting it happen, too!"

"You weren't a doormat, Peter. You were a hero. A good person. Apparentally that's changed, too... Not just your costume.", Kaine responded, coldly.

"I'll alert the masses.", Spider-Man responded, saracastic. "Just stay the hell away from me, Kaine. I don't need you or anyone else anymore."

Kaine was silent, for a few moments. But eventually, he turned, and fired a webline out at the city.

"You know what? Fine. Go ahead. Make your life the living hell that you're making it out to be. I won't have any part of it.", Kaine responded. "But I swear to god, Peter, if you keep up with this new routine of murdering criminals... I'm bringing you in. It's what Spider-Man would've done, and as far as I'm concerned... You killed him too."

With a leap, Kaine swung back into the city, leaving Spider-Man to watch.

He's right, you know.

Spider-Man's grin under his mask faded, as he gritted his teeth.

trailer_36.jpg

"No one asked you, Petey.", He coldly responded, before leaping in the opposite direction. Back into the darkness, once again.

It's a small alley and he's a big man coming in fast. Not fast enough though.

*SNIKT!*

"Going somewhere, bub?"

He backs up towards a wall, holding onto the few tendons that keep his right wrist attacthed to his arm.

"OH GOD! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T KNOW NOTHING!"

I pick him up and pull him close to my face with my right arm and run the claws from my left arm down his neck and put the slightest pressure on his adams apple.

"You know a Cuban Refugee named Eliotio Delviay? Seems he pissed of the wrong people in Cuba before he left. You tell me where he is and I keep your left arm in one peice."

He finally cracks.

"Westfall! He's in Westfall!"

I throw him down and rip through his right arm, amputating him right at the shoulder blades.

"OH GOD! YOU SAID YOU WAS GONNA LEAVE MY ARM ALONE.

"I said I was gonna keep your left arm intact, I'm a man of my word."

I head out the alleyway and get on my bike. The town of Westfall don't know what's about to hit it.

wolverine237mq7.jpg

"The hunt begins!"

It turns out there is a new criminal in town that looks to take away some of my territory, and I will not let that happen. He goes by the name Kangaroo, and he isn't that horribly bright. He has left a trail as noticable as an atomic bomb. One of my men have been tailing him for a week gathering information on the moron.

Tonight though, I make my move. He either swears to abide by my rules or he will....well lets just say it won't be pretty.

I end up at a warehouse off of one of the piers, where Kangaroo was seen last. I swing over to the roof, and creep from one shadow to another. He has two men standing guard over the entrance. My ability allows me to see their movement, and they are not being particularly quiet this evening. That is bad for them, since the dark does not hinder me yet it does them.

Sneaking up behind one of the men, I ready my billy club. I grab him in a choke so he doesn't make any noise..then I slam his head into the wall. Lights out for him.

The second man was just as easy to dispatch. I slowly open the front door to the warehouse and slide through. Keeping to the shadows, I investigate where I am. Small taps with the billyclub will do the trick to allow me to see.

There is a table in the center of the room, with three men around it. How do I want to do this...Aha...I got it. I shoot out my club like a grapple line and take out the light overhead. Let's take out their vision why don't we.

Out of fear two of the men start shooting away with their machine guns in whatever direction they can fire. Dodging the bullets is child's play really. They make so much noise I can see them coming a mile away.

I dance around their fire and meet up with the two men. My billyclub cracks one man across the jaw, and I grin as I hear his jaw bone crunch. Before the first man falls I do a full spin kick behind me and take the gun out of the second mans hand. I then lash out with my club across the back of his head. Both men are done for.

Hmmm...where did Kangaroo go? Listen...listen. Gotcha...I can hear your heartbeat. I look ahead of me, and there...he is behind that stack of crates. I use my grapple and swing up to the top of the stack and look down. So unsuspecting...so defensless.

"You must be the Kangaroo." I say it with a quiet venom so as to scare him.

"WHO ARE YOU!?!"

"I am the man you are trying to challenge."

"Fisk? Listen...I know what you must think...but..but I was going to pay you a share of my spoils. C'mon man, don't you trust me anymore?"

"Sorry Kangaroo, but didn't you hear...New York is under new management." As I say it, I drop down directly in front of the frightened man. He screams...good.

"What...who..who..who are you?"

"I am the kingpin."

"Wait a minute. You're Daredevil. You're a hero." He grabs for a gun underneath his coat, looks like he wants to play dirty. I grab his wrist and twist sharply. His wrist snaps in my hand. He screams again.

"Sorry, but that was before...this is now. You want to do things here, you go through me. If not, your wrist won't be the only thing that gets broken."

He is starting to sob. What a loser.
"Ok ok, the drug money is on the table. That briefcase has it inside..take your share."

"Oh, I will. You stay right here." I quickly run over and grab the case. "It was a pleasure." I turn and face the frightened man again. "Sorry that it will be the last pleasure you feel."

He starts to scream as I head over to him, it's a good thing city noise can drown the screams out.

Captain America: Every Night
A Prologue to Disaster

Bucky Barnes.

It seemed like such an immature label, now. After everything that happened, how could he bare such a childish name with pride? And so he had discarded the title, returning to his original James. The action, processed legally so that he would not go down in history as Bucky - what had he been thinking?! - had acted as a resfreshing of his life, his very identity...or had it just been a way to escape the past? It all brought him back to the whistling of bullets striking through the air, and whine of the vehicle's sputtering engines, the startled grunt as a shard of debris embedded itself in his companion's chest...

...oh, yes, the memories remained the same.

Every night, as he equipped himself with the necessary equipment, he pondered the same event.

Every night, after hours of sobbing into his pillow, he locked ammunition into his pistols and holstered the firearms with one fluid motion.

Every night, he lept from the same window with the same steely determination set into his expression.

And, every night, he fought for Steven Grant Rogers - the real Captain America.

Washington D.C.

I'm walking down the street headed to the Lincoln Memorial. Marla is holding my right hand while Bruce walks close by.

"So, Rick. Where do we go after we visit ole Abe?"

I shrug my shoulders and turn to Bruce.

"What do you think, Brucey?"

He pulls out his map and pushes his glasses back on his forehead.

"Hmm..How about the Vietnam Memorial?"

Before I can say yes, a roar echoes through the air. It came somewhere near the White House.

"I guess that's me, sorry babe."

I lean in and peck Marla on the lips.

"Come on, Bruce."

I strip off my leather jacket and T-Shirt, running towards 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

abominationpainjx7.jpg

"Where's the president?!?! I want the president!!!"

Out of nowhere, a Ford Explorer crashes into Abomination's torso.

"Pointy ear man made a mistake!"

photo20060424181841fk1.jpg

"Pointy ear man went and ruined Hulk's date!!!!"

Cyrusbales said:
PROFESSOR XAVIER

Sitting in the war room in preparation for the next step of fixing this world, we await for Dr Hank McCoy.

"So glad you join us Pietro, our cause will be all the more successful with your assistance."

I'm pleased to have Pietro on our side, should make dealing with his father all the more interesting. Ah, Hank is here now.

"Pietro, allow me to introduce you to Doctor Hank McCoy, one of the finest minds of the scientific community..."

BEAST
Season 1 : Part 1

Dr. Hank McCoy entered the war room a tad late. His associates codenamed Cyclops, Storm, Mystique,

"Thank you, Charles." Dr. McCoy placed his briefcase on the table. "Sorry I'm late, and had a breakthrough the GEP."

"GEP?" Pietro looked confused.

"The Genetic Enhancement Project, one of the several projects that is run here at the Xavier Institute. Its still in its preliminary stages, but we are retrieving amazing results."

"Like what?"

"That, my sonic-booming friend, is another story for another day." Hank opened his briefcase, pulling out a small remote control, and with a click the large plasma screen infront of them turns on. "Let's begin shall we? Mr. Maximoff, I'd like to take a few moments to explain to you why exactly the Xavier Institute does what it does."

ADN_animation.gif

"This is a digital imaging of the DNA we extracted from you earlier to get a better understanding of the range of your mutation and powers. To be frank, Mr. Maximoff, you are a miracle."

Pietro gave Dr. McCoy a raised eyebrow.

"Don't believe me? According to your genetic sequence and the tests we ran earlier, your body metabolizes up to 95% of the caloric energy it consumes. The average person uses 25%. Also, your body does not create fatigue poisons, but infact has perfected its detoxification process and completely discharges all toxins through your exhalation. Tell me, Mr. Maximoff, have you ever had a fever? A cold? Even a broken bone?"

"I...I guess I havn't."

"Precisely. That is also because your bones are made up of a compound that, in all my years of biological research, I have never seen before. It is capable of taking hits in excess of one ton per square-inch. And that is only scratching the surface of the miracle that is you, Mr. Maximoff. Let me show you something."

uesc_06_img0297.jpg

"I'm sure you've seen this before. This is the history of the human race from Homo Habilis right up to about 15 years ago with Homo Sapien. As I'm sure you are aware, nature has designed life in general to adapt to its surroundings. Now is an exciting time to be alive, Mr. Maximoff. Nature is pressing forward in attempt to create something better than Homo Sapien."

Cover_of_Nature_October_2004-Homo_floresiensis.jpg

"Interestingly enough, nature has been attempting this for some time now. Archaeologists have discovered remains of Homo sapiens idaltu in Africa that lived as early as 160,000 years ago. Also, on the Isle of Flores, archaeologists discovered these remains of a smaller race of humans named Homo floresiensis, who are believed to have lived anywhere from 94,000 to 16,000 years ago. However, these species of the human race have since become extinct, as nature has perfected the evolution process.

mystique_by_cd_marcus.jpg

"It all comes full circle, Mr. Maximoff. Nature has finally perfected its next stage in evolution, Homo Superior. Now, we have a choice. We can follow the example of our friends of the Isle of Flores, or we can take our future into our own hands. However, you can see where their plan took them. At the Xavier Institute, however, we are here to take our rightful place as nature's chosen successor to the Homo Sapien."

Hank sat down and let the presentation sink in.

Cyclops leaned over to Mystique. "That last part always gives me chills."

"Charles, the floor is yours."

PROF. XAVIER

"Thank you. As Hank has made clear, we need to stop the oppression that is being forced upon us, and take our rightful place. For this, we will need the help of one mutant, codenamed Forge."

Cyclops leans forward, "Forge? What's his gift?"

"Well Scott, Forge's mind is unique, it gives him the ability to realise any invention from thought, meaning he is able to construct anything of which he can conceive."

"Really?" Pietro inquired, "How exactly does that work?"

"Well we're not quite sure, but we do know he is working with your father. We must break into the Brotherhood's compound and kidnap him. We do not harm him, but anyone else who is in the way must be dealt with, in order to make the world just again."

"My dad? We have to take him on?"

"Yes Pietro, for once we have forge, I can implant the concept of an invention into his one. An invention that will win our cause. As for the tactics, Hank has devised us a perfect strategy."

byrd_man said:
It's a small alley and he's a big man coming in fast. Not fast enough though.

*SNIKT!*

"Going somewhere, bub?"

He backs up towards a wall, holding onto the few tendons that keep his right wrist attacthed to his arm.

"OH GOD! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T KNOW NOTHING!"

I pick him up and pull him close to my face with my right arm and run the claws from my left arm down his neck and put the slightest pressure on his adams apple.

"You know a Cuban Refugee named Eliotio Delviay? Seems he pissed of the wrong people in Cuba before he left. You tell me where he is and I keep your left arm in one peice."

He finally cracks.

"Westfall! He's in Westfall!"

I throw him down and rip through his right arm, amputating him right at the shoulder blades.

"OH GOD! YOU SAID YOU WAS GONNA LEAVE MY ARM ALONE.

"I said I was gonna keep your left arm intact, I'm a man of my word."

I head out the alleyway and get on my bike. The town of Westfall don't know what's about to hit it.

wolverine237mq7.jpg

I watch Eliotio's eyes roll in the back of his head as his guts leave his body and spill on the pavement.

"Sorry, bub. Just buisness."

My cellphone starts to ring and I finish him off, slashing his throat and making him crumple to the ground.

"X."

"Hello, X. We have a new target for you, Charles Xavier. A radical mutant supporter who's steeping on alot of toes of important people in Washington."

"Where's he at?"

"He lives in Westchester, New York. It's in the upstate. A big mansion, you can't miss it."

Ten minutes later I'm cranking my bike and heading north to meet this Xavier guy and have him meet his maker.

Xavier Institute

"Aww..." Bertha said standing over the child. "He's kinda cute." she was not in her bulked up state. she was wearing the same unitard she always wore with the collar at her neck. "Poor thing." she reached out to stroke his head in a motherly fashion. "Do you want me to make up a room for him Mr. Lensherr?"

New York City

Craig "Mr. Immortal" Hollis was on the scene as a liason between the Avengers and the Police. he looked at Adrian Toombes corpse and thought the same thought he had whenever he saw a dead body. "Lucky Stiff," He walked to the lead detective. "Any idea what set Spider-Man off?" he asked. "Because I'm personally hoping all of this is a misunderstanding and the guy's still on the up and up." Craig took out a cigarette and lit it. Jarvis wouldn't let him smoke in the mansion except for on poker nights. he coughed and gagged a bit at first. Craig wasn't addicted. his body was purified every time he was brought back. He wanted to be addicted, he wanted cancer, he wanted death. "Scares the crap outta me," he said, regarding the possiblity of Spider-Man being bad. he reached inside his coat to double check his fire arms were still there, hidden under his coat.

"No way this self defense," the Detective said.

"I know..." Craig said sadly. "I know."

byrd_man said:
Washington D.C.

I'm walking down the street headed to the Lincoln Memorial. Marla is holding my right hand while Bruce walks close by.

"So, Rick. Where do we go after we visit ole Abe?"

I shrug my shoulders and turn to Bruce.

"What do you think, Brucey?"

He pulls out his map and pushes his glasses back on his forehead.

"Hmm..How about the Vietnam Memorial?"

Before I can say yes, a roar echoes through the air. It came somewhere near the White House.

"I guess that's me, sorry babe."

I lean in and peck Marla on the lips.

"Come on, Bruce."

I strip off my leather jacket and T-Shirt, running towards 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

abominationpainjx7.jpg

"Where's the president?!?! I want the president!!!"

Out of nowhere, a Ford Explorer crashes into Abomination's torso.

"Pointy ear man made a mistake!"

photo20060424181841fk1.jpg

"Pointy ear man went and ruined Hulk's date!!!!"

People watch in complete silence while Hulk and Abomination's blows fill the air. The reptilian moster lays an elbow into Hulk's breadbasket and the green beast drops to his knees for a second. He waits until Abomination closes in and reaches up and grabs the beast's ankle.

"Surprise!"

He pulls Abomination over his head and twirls him around and around. Finally letting go and watching as he dissapears over the horizon.

"Hulk show pointy ear man, now he's the strongest."

Suddenly, the green behemoth shrinks and changes color, slowly tuning back ot Rick Jones in a pair of ripped jeans.

"Well that was easy."

Bruce comes up to Rick with his clothes in a bundle.

"Here you go, Rick."

He slips his T-shirt back on and smiles at Bruce.

"So it's the Lincoln Memorial then?"

Vulcan (post 1)

"Vulcan...wake up" I hear as I rub my eyes... "Bloody 'ell, Vulcan get up, we have an Intruder...we need you on stand by" as soon as I hear this i jump from my bed, I fly rather than run because it is quicker, hearing the sirens and seeing the flashing red lights. As i get into the room i see Magneto just leaving the room.

"Toad, whats going on"

"We have ouselves an intruder, Erik is checking on it"

"You don't think it could be that Xavier and his band of X-men do you"

"Not sure, thats why Erik went...but he is taking a while"

"Well then, i guess i will go see whats holding him up."

"Good luck Gabe, I 'ope you dont need it"

"I'll be fine, but thanks for the concern." I say as i leave the room, once again flying, turning corners quickly and nearly losing control...as i look down the hall i can see Magneto with a kid, it could be a trap, the X-men would sink that low as to minipulate a little kid. Sudenly, only being 10 ft. from Erik, i fall to the ground. I run up to him, and look at the kid..."There there child. You have nothing to fear here...you did nothing wrong. Welcome to the sanctuary Leech, you never have to be afraid again."

"I see we have a visitor Erik, Bertha, Hello Leech, my name is Vulcan"

zoken said:
Brotherhood Sactuary

"Aww..." Bertha said standing over the child. "He's kinda cute." she was not in her bulked up state. she was wearing the same unitard she always wore with the collar at her neck. "Poor thing." she reached out to stroke his head in a motherly fashion. "Do you want me to make up a room for him Mr. Lensherr?"

spartin2008 said:
Vulcan

"Vulcan...wake up" I hear as I rub my eyes... "Bloody 'ell, Vulcan get up, we have an Intruder...we need you on stand by" as soon as I hear this i jump from my bed, I fly rather than run because it is quicker, hearing the sirens and seeing the flashing red lights. As i get into the room i see Magneto just leaving the room.

"Toad, whats going on"

"We have ouselves an intruder, Erik is checking on it"

"You don't think it could be that Xavier and his band of X-men do you"

"Not sure, thats why Erik went...but he is taking a while"

"Well then, i guess i will go see whats holding him up."

"Good luck Gabe, I 'ope you dont need it"

"I'll be fine, but thanks for the concern." I say as i leave the room, once again flying, turning corners quickly and nearly losing control...as i look down the hall i can see Magneto with a kid, it could be a trap, the X-men would sink that low as to minipulate a little kid. Sudenly, only being 10 ft. from Erik, i fall to the ground. I run up to Erik, and look at the kid..."There there child. You have nothing to fear here...you did nothing wrong. Welcome to the sanctuary Leech, you never have to be afraid again."

"I see we have a visitor Erik, hello Leech, my name is Vulcan"

Good good, I'm glad to see you two here. Leech, this is Barda and the young man who just showed up is named Gabriel or Vulcan. Yes Barda, could you set a room up for him. Do not worry Leech, she will take good care of you, if you need anything let her or I know and we will take care of it.

As Bertha took Leech by the hand and led him away, Eric looked over at Vulcan. Gabriel, I'm glad you chose to come and back me up, since we didn't know what the emergency was. I have been meaning to talk to you for the last couple of days now, but because of how busy it has been around here I hadn't had a chance to.

You know that over time our population on this island has grown due to the mutants who have sought sanctuary here. It is becoming a little much for one man to handle by himself. On top of that we have our strike force, the Brotherhood that I lead when things get hairy.

The point is....I need a leader...someone I can count on to lead the Brotherhood if something were to happen. You have always been reliable and the team respects you. I would like you to accept that responsability. I will still be the overseer and probably still go on most of the missions that I send the team on, but I would like you to take more direct leadership over them. I figured I would make it official over dinner tonight.

With the way things are happening with human/mutant relations, and the growing threat of my old friend Charles and his X-Men; the team will need someone they can rely on to help them through the fights. It won't be easy, since you know that your brother Scott is on the side of the Devils, but you know I will also be there to help you through it.

So..Vulcan..Gabriel...what do you say?

Big Bertha

"Bertha," she corrected quietly and politely. "Mr. Lensherr, my code name is Big Bertha. If you prefer, just Ashley will suffice." she shook her head. "Barda is a comic book character." she only knew this because she'd just lost a contract to play the character when she was outed.

"C'mon sweetie," she said kindly to Leech. "We'll get you set up in a room. do you have any powers besides your looks?" Ashley hadn't seen or felt Leech's depowering effect. She held her hand out to him.

New Orleans, Louisiana

Deep within the confines of an old mausoleum in New Orleans lies a man broken. A man corrupted by so much power that the only thing he could do was isolate himself from the rest of humanity. He retains very few emotions except for anger, and his only remaining sense is his will to live.

Inside the mausoleum a cockroach scurries across the floor. From within the shadows a hand reaches out...a black hand....an unnaturally black hand. It grabs the pest and devours it like an animal who hasn't eaten in weeks. Suddenly, the creature hears something he hasn't heard in quite a long time: voices.

"Get over here you little ****."
"No! Please! Let me go!"
"Not gonna happen kid."

The two enter the chamber of the mausoleum. The two consist of a teenager who looks closer to being a man then a child, and the other, a boy not out of forth grade. The creature is nowhere in sight.

"Alright, now give me the ****ing money."
"No...please, my mom needs me to go pick up groceries with it."
"Kid, I don't give a **** what you or your "mommy" needs. ****ing hand it over."

The teenager begins laying into the young boy like a mob boss who had been crossed by one of his lackeys. The creature hiding in the shadows is witnessing the entire chain of events. A fire lights within his chest. He's never felt it this hot...this uncontrollable. The man picks up a small rock from the floor. He steps out of the shadows and grabs the assailant by the shoulder. The object in his hand begins to glow and pulsate. He shoves the rock into the teenager's mouth, then covered it with his hand. The creature smiled from ear to ear knowing what was coming next. The teenager's head exploded and covered the monster holding his lifeless body in blood.

"Mister...you...you saved me. He would have beat me to death. Thank you."

"No need to be thankin' me dere boy. But you may wanna do yaself a favor. Go on 'head and get outta Gambit's house bafore 'ol Gambit can't control himself no more? And make sure ya forget all 'bout what you done seen here eh?"

The child turns and leaves the mausoleum.

"Kids. Gotta love 'em."
Gambit442x350.jpg

The following day around late afternoon, the same child that had been saved by Gambit returned to the mausoleum. Upon entering the large opening, he began speaking.

"Mister. Mister, are you still here?"

It was difficult for the boy to see in the poorly lit crypt.

"Now 'dere boy. Gambit coulda swore he done told you to not come round here no more."

The man's voice seemed to come from everywhere at once.

"I...I just brought you by some food mister. It's peanut butter and jelly. It's my favorite, but I skipped lunch today so you could have it."

Red eyes opened within the shadows, and the figure known as Gambit stepped into the little light that was offered.

"You stupid dere boy? You take a good look at 'ol Gambit. Now, do I look like da type of t'ing you wanna be bringin' home for dinner? Didn't ya not see what ah did to your little pal? Do yaself a favor youngin'. Don't come round here no more."

"I'm sorry mister Gambit. It's just you're the only person that's been nice to me lately. I'm....I'm just gonna leave this food here, and I'll come back tomorrow to see if you're in a better mood. I'll see you tomorrow mister Gambit!"

The boy runs out of the mausoleum with a smile on his face from ear to ear. Gambit walks over to the brown paper bag left on the floor. He picks it up, and inside he finds a note written in what looks like crayon.

"Hope you like pb and j. Your best friend, Chance."

Gambit takes out the bag of Doritos and pulls out the sandwich. It's wrapped in saran wrap. It's sloppy and uneven. It looks like the kid made it himself. Gambit takes a bite.

"Hmmm. I be damned. Seems like the Big Easy still full of surprises. Best damn meal Gambit can remember. Well...it beats the cockroaches at least."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"