The 'What If?' Marvel RPG - Season thread

"Who's here chere? Da' Brotherhood? Da' X-Men?"

Gambit finally realizes the situation.

"It ain't neither is it? 'Dey here fa' you....fa' what you done become."

"The pretender. She comes to try and possess me, how quaint."

She turns to Gambit.

"They will fill your head with lies about me, pay them no heed. A great battle is ahead."

What-if1.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 20

I do as Chameleon says and slowly turn around.

"You don't need to do this..." I say quietly.

"Doing the right thing doesn't pay any bills."

I could take this chump out... I think.

"Get down on chour knees and put chour hands at chour side."

I collapse to my knees and put my hands at my side. I feel the gun's barrel press against the back of my head. I could slice this guy's hand off with a quick tendril to his wrist, but I refuse to do so it isn't ri-- The gun fires. I wince with fear and realize that I'm still alive.

I blink and turn around slowly.

Chameleon's dead, his body lying behind me with blood pouring out of his cracked helmet into the sand.

And my rescuer is standing in the helicopter. It's...

punisher1.jpg

the Punisher.

"Uh... Thanks." I say. I point to the helicopter.

"You don't know how to fly that thing do you?"

He nods and signals for me to get into the helicopter.

I sit in the back seat and am quickly knocked out.
I wake up on the roof of a New York skyscraper, tied up in barbed wire with a time bomb ticking on my chest.

"Can I PLEASE just get a break today?" I shout, back flipping onto my feet.

I tear through the wire and web it to the bomb. I hurl it towards the ground and fire a webline to the building I leaped from. Once I get enough tension on the webline, I fire a second one at the bomb and pull up on both lines. The tension on the first line sends the bomb flying into the sky where it safely detonates.

The webline connecting me to the building snaps and I fall onto a flag pole on an office building. I look inside to see the office workers watching a TV set showing images of Spider-Man and two other guys duking it out.

"Not even Jack Bauer can have it this bad." I say, heading for where the footage was shot.

MASTERMIND

Brute force doesn't seem to work, even the Juggernaught could not match up. It would seem I should try something a little more.....adventurous.

Time to assemble my team. I've been keeping tabs on these people for quite some time, in case of such a problem or issue. Time to recruit them. The greatest villainous minds on the planet, once assembled, no force can stop them.

First on my list....

DoctorOctopus%28Octavius%29_Head.jpg

JEAN GREY

Locating this being was certainly not a task of any difficulty, especially for someone attuned for that purpose, that and it’s capture.

“Gladiator, when the time comes, you know what to do.”

The aura that I could feel flowing outwards, soon became visible, as this ‘phoenix’ as they called it, drew into view. ‘Phoenix’, she will most certainly not rise again after I am finished with her, from the ashes she came, and so to the ashes I shall return her.

Hovering above the ground, weightless, effortlessly floating. That was soon to change.

My companion leaping from the ground, an initial test of her resources and abilities.

Gladiator_head.jpg

“Prepare to take a tumble down the rabbit hole…”

JEAN GREY

Locating this being was certainly not a task of any difficulty, especially for someone attuned for that purpose, that and it’s capture.

“Gladiator, when the time comes, you know what to do.”

The aura that I could feel flowing outwards, soon became visible, as this ‘phoenix’ as they called it, drew into view. ‘Phoenix’, she will most certainly not rise again after I am finished with her, from the ashes she came, and so to the ashes I shall return her.

Hovering above the ground, weightless, effortlessly floating. That was soon to change.

My companion leaping from the ground, an initial test of her resources and abilities.

Gladiator_head.jpg

“Prepare to take a tumble down the rabbit hole…”

Gambit pulls his staff from the holster on his back. It extends to full length and he slams it into the ground.

"Worst case chere, dis' here staff gonna become a nuke an' we all gonna die."

Gambit yells a warning to the oncoming assailants.

"Now 'ol Gambit don' know who you is or what exactly ya' want, but ah suggest dat' ya' get da' **** outta here. Ya'll ****in' wit' da' wrong Cajun!"

Gambit smiles his sick twisted smile and grabs the staff. He begins pouring all of his energy into it. He can't help but laugh.

What-if1.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 21

I swing through Central Park. It's deserted at this time of night. The green leaves of the trees sway slowly in the breeze. I remember when I... or Peter, as it were... took Mary Jane down these old worn paths when we were teenagers. What's happened to him... to our life... to the people we care about?

Could a suit cause so much turmoil, so much disdain?

I hear a cry for help from one of the closer paths.

I let go of my webline and slide along the cold air.

"A hero's work..." I grumble, landing on an old, rusted lightpost. "... is never done."

The woman who called for help is trying to throw a guy off of her. He must've been lurking in one of the numerous bushes around the park. She's firey, though. Red hair and she packs one hell of a punch.

I leap into a tree behind both of them, and fire a quick webline out and snag him by his back. I heave him up into the tree and moments later, he slides back down with a few bruises and a badly bleeding nose.

I slide down a webline from a rickety branch and am staring at the woman's back.

"Hope he wasn't too much trouble." I say, as she turns around.

He biting red hair, those soft green eyes, the high cheekbones... it couldn't be...

"Mary Jane?"

"Stay away from me, you..." she lets her voice trail off as she wraps her coat around her and starts walking quickly out of the park.

I drop from my webline and wrap a hand softly around her arm.

"Hey, don't run from me."
I say hardly, tugging her close to myself.

"I'll do whatever I want, Peter. I taught my father that, and I'll teach you too." she mutters, wrenching herself from my grasp.

"I'm not Peter." I say, letting my mask retract from my face.

"I'm... woo boy... this is complicated. I'm... I'm his clone."

I proceed to tell her everything. Waking up in the steel coffin, the Jackal, fighting Peter, meeting Iron Man. I tell her everything.

"So you're not Peter... but you might as well be?" She asks finally, sitting on an old rickety bench. "He's gone for good isn't he?"

I sit next to her and put an arm around her.

"I'm Peter, but without his black suit. The costume... it changed him somehow. Those terrible things he said to you? He didn't mean any of them. He wanted to be there for you, but his suit... it made him do terrible things. Everything you two were, everything you could be, none of that matters now. You just need to realize that he's still in there."

She puts her head on my shoulder and slides her hand into mine. "I'm a good person. So was Peter. Why do these things happen?" she whispers.

"I don't know..." I sigh. For a few moments I let the silence of the moment speak for us. I squeeze her shoulder softly. "It'll get better."

"There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you won't you, be the one I'll always know
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down

Oh, oh Baby, baby
Oh, oh
Baby, Baby
I'll
look after you" I sing softly.

She smiles up at me and asks me to take her home. We carelessly stand up out of the bench and I get us several blocks within minutes. I land on her balcony and carry her to her bed.

Before I leave her home, she grabs my arm. Part of me is expecting a movie-like kiss. Y'know the kind. The one where the beautiful girl leans on an elbow out of her bed, the sheets of which are under he neck, and pulls the lonely man down for a tender and graceful kiss.

Part of me wants it.

Part of me needs it.

"Save him." Is all she says, letting go of my arm.

I nod, letting my mask form over my face again. I leap out the window, firing a webline to a nearby building top and heave myself several stories into the air.

What was I thinking? Mary Jane and I will never be together. I've given her hope again. Hope that somewhere beneath the scars and costumes, the man she loved once still lies behind that black and white mask.

I owe it to her to find him.

I fire a pair of weblines at two buildings on opposite ends of the street. I backflip between them, once again flying high into the air.

I land hard on one of the gargoyles on the Chrysler building.

"Baby's black balloon makes her fly..." I say lying down, drifting to sleep.

Gambit pulls his staff from the holster on his back. It extends to full length and he slams it into the ground.

"Worst case chere, dis' here staff gonna become a nuke an' we all gonna die."

Gambit yells a warning to the oncoming assailants.

"Now 'ol Gambit don' know who you is or what exactly ya' want, but ah suggest dat' ya' get da' **** outta here. Ya'll ****in' wit' da' wrong Cajun!"

Gambit smiles his sick twisted smile and grabs the staff. He begins pouring all of his energy into it. He can't help but laugh.

Phoenix

She turns and with a calm expression extends her hand toward the oncoming Gladiator, fingers splayed. A pulse booms out from her palm, a bubble of energy that dulls the sounds around them.

It rolls trough the air, buffeting everything in its path as it descends upon the interlopers.

Phoenix

She turns and with a calm expression extends her hand toward the oncoming Gladiator, fingers splayed. A pulse booms out from her palm, a bubble of energy that dulls the sounds around them.

It rolls trough the air, buffeting everything in its path as it descends upon the interlopers.

JEAN GREY

The hissing air rolled towards my companion, plantlife and dirt scattering in it's wake.

Energy spiking and the distortion of air propelled Gladiator into the ground, kicking up the soil around the impact zone. Enough of the blast being subdued before it reached me so telekenises could easily portect me.

"Impressive, but that was just the messenger, prepare for the message."

As if my blood was boiling by being close to her, I felt my veins tense and muscles swell with my increased heartbeat.

JEAN GREY

The hissing air rolled towards my companion, plantlife and dirt scattering in it's wake.

Energy spiking and the distortion of air propelled Gladiator into the ground, kicking up the soil around the impact zone. Enough of the blast being subdued before it reached me so telekenises could easily portect me.

"Impressive, but that was just the messenger, prepare for the message."

As if my blood was boiling by being close to her, I felt my veins tense and muscles swell with my increased heartbeat.

Her black eyes meet with the bright green ones of this fiery haired woman, full of defiance and strength. She searches for weakness, doubt, any waver to grasp onto and squeeze, but they stay steady on her own.

A smile spreads on Marie's stolen lips, somehow avoiding the rest of her face. A creepy echo of humanity, not quite right. Her voice booms out in her usual cold tone.

"I can see why they mistook you for I, little one. You are strong, but why... I wonder, have you let them use you. You have been tamed. So sad, such a waste"

Her black eyes meet with the bright green ones of this fiery haired woman, full of defiance and strength. She searches for weakness, doubt, any waver to grasp onto and squeeze, but they stay steady on her own.

A smile spreads on Marie's stolen lips, somehow avoiding the rest of her face. A creepy echo of humanity, not quite right. Her voice booms out in her usual cold tone.

"I can see why they mistook you for I, little one. You are strong, but why... I wonder, have you let them use you. You have been tamed. So sad, such a waste"

JEAN GREY

I am not the one who shall be used. Every blast of power from her will push my limits upwards. I am a vessel, and her strength can fill it.

"I'm afraid things are going to get a little bumpy for you now..."

My eyes blink, drawing in immeasurable forces from the surrounding world. The air itself adhering to my telekenesis, crushing into her form, applying pressure throughout her locale.

This was only the start of the Rabit hole for her!

JEAN GREY

I am not the one who shall be used. Every blast of power from her will push my limits upwards. I am a vessel, and her strength can fill it.

"I'm afraid things are going to get a little bumpy for you now..."

My eyes blink, drawing in immeasurable forces from the surrounding world. The air itself adhering to my telekenesis, crushing into her form, applying pressure throughout her locale.

This was only the start of the Rabit hole for her!

Her ribs became tight with the pressure pushing down against her. The air avoided her lungs as she tried to take in another breath. It was like being deep under water, drowning in mid air.

Licks of fire flickered over her skin, becoming brighter and bigger. Heat emanated from her, oozing out in waves. Charging up, she let out a blast of fire right at Jean, disrupting her concentration and breaking the pressure of the air.

"I need to get out of this uniform. My apartment is just a few blocks away. I think that should be our first stop. There we'll regroup and come up with a new game plan."

Flash rockets into the air shooting a webline.

"Just make sure you keep up."

After a few blocks of swinging, Flash stops outside an apartment window. He opens it and drops in. To his surprise, Peter Parker is sitting in the recliner helping himself to Flash's leftovers.

"You son of a *****. Now I'm gonna have to go out again tonight."

Flash shoots the Chinese take out bin with a webline and yanks it to himself.

"Pete, you prick! There's barely any left!"

With that Flash throws the remainder of the noodles into Peter's face. As the symbiote begins to cover Peter's body, Flash throws an uppercut directly into Peter's chin. In mid air, two weblines are shot around Peter's waist. Flash pulls as hard as he can and Spiderman goes flying into the left wall, his head going right through it.

"Well, there goes my security deposit."

Spider-MaBanner.jpg

That bastard. He took my Chinese!

"Flash Thompson." I say, condescendingly.

"You know..." I whisper, tearing the webbing off of me and climbing through the hole in the wall. "I need some lunch money. How about you give me yours!"

I launch myself off of the ceiling, then the floor, then off of his wall. I tackle him, with my neck bulled.

My face slams into his chest and I feel the air escape him.

"What's wrong, tough guy? No witty comeback? No joke about my..." I punch him in the side of the head. "...glasses?!"

I wrap my hand around the back of his head and slam his face into a wall. I string him up by his hands and legs using my new webbing.

I crack my knuckles and let my cool costume pull back from my face.

"Oh, lord, am I going to enjoy this." I say as I batter his chest.

Her ribs became tight with the pressure pushing down against her. The air avoided her lungs as she tried to take in another breath. It was like being deep under water, drowning in mid air.

Licks of fire flickered over her skin, becoming brighter and bigger. Heat emanated from her, oozing out in waves. Charging up, she let out a blast of fire right at Jean, disrupting her concentration and breaking the pressure of the air.

JEAN GREY

My hair swung back by the force, every particle of her energy was amping up my power. I am a proverbial sponge to her ability, whatever she throws at me merely soaks itself into my very being.

Rocks lifting in the air, as easy as thought itself, I sling them at her, encasing her in a stone sarcophagus, sensing her aura and lifeforce within it's cold form.

An almost eerie beauty encompassed the hovvering spectacle, glowing brighter by the second...

JEAN GREY

My hair swung back by the force, every particle of her energy was amping up my power. I am a proverbial sponge to her ability, whatever she throws at me merely soaks itself into my very being.

Rocks lifting in the air, as easy as thought itself, I sling them at her, encasing her in a stone sarcophagus, sensing her aura and lifeforce within it's cold form.

An almost eerie beauty encompassed the hovvering spectacle, glowing brighter by the second...

Phoenix

Shards of light spiked through the gaps in the stones. The rocks glowed white hot as they were superheated from the inside out. The gaps closed as the stone itself melted to molten lava, black and shifting.

The shifting stopped and the rock suddenly became cold, the tomb of rock solid and without gaps. For a long and terribly silent moment this strange cocoon hovered there slowly turning with a misplaced grace.

The cocoon shattered, sending tiny sharp pieces of rock in ever direction, a rain of cutting shards of stone. The Phoenix floatin there, skin, eyes, hair, everything was black as night, black as the molten rock that once surrounded her.

The black colour floated away from her like flakes of ash as shesteped forward in the air, walking on some imagined ground.

Her voiced boomed out, though her lips didn't move.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME.
I AM REBIRTH.
I AM LIFE AND I AM DEATH.
YOU CANNOT POSSESS ME.
IT IS TIME FOR YOUR END, AND FOR THE END OF ALL THINGS YOU SEE NOW.

Phoenix

Shards of light spiked through the gaps in the stones. The rocks glowed white hot as they were superheated from the inside out. The gaps closed as the stone itself melted to molten lava, black and shifting.

The shifting stopped and the rock suddenly became cold, the tomb of rock solid and without gaps. For a long and terribly silent moment this strange cocoon hovered there slowly turning with a misplaced grace.

The cocoon shattered, sending tiny sharp pieces of rock in ever direction, a rain of cutting shards of stone. The Phoenix floatin there, skin, eyes, hair, everything was black as night, black as the molten rock that once surrounded her.

The black colour floated away from her like flakes of ash as shesteped forward in the air, walking on some imagined ground.

Her voiced boomed out, though her lips didn't move.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME.
I AM REBIRTH.
I AM LIFE AND I AM DEATH.
YOU CANNOT POSSESS ME.
IT IS TIME FOR YOUR END, AND FOR THE END OF ALL THINGS YOU SEE NOW.

JEAN GREY

Chips of rock shrapnel cut into my face, the energy from her heals the wounds quicker than they appeared. It was as if every inch of my skin was being beautifully stroked and caressed by the most wonderful of energies. Her power was like some unforseen drug to me.

The air between us felt non-existant, I could feel our forces and power intertwined. Hypnotic, mesmeric, indescribable pleasure and beauty.

My memories of the past, the experiments, the abuse, the lonliness, fading away. Replaced by a warm feeling of pure bliss. The ground disappears from my feet as I approach her. Closer. Closer. Even closer.

She is there infront of me, we both stand upon the air itself, looking into her eyes, pure endless heaven, energies unimaginable.

I reach my hand out and touch her skin, I can feel the entire universe, as if everything is but a shadow of this moment, our bodies are pressed against one another. I can feel her mind and mine becoming bonded, linked in a telepathic symbiosis of incomprehensible emotion.

My eyes, only milimetres from hers, my gaze falling deeper into her very soul.

JEAN GREY

Chips of rock shrapnel cut into my face, the energy from her heals the wounds quicker than they appeared. It was as if every inch of my skin was being beautifully stroked and caressed by the most wonderful of energies. Her power was like some unforseen drug to me.

The air between us felt non-existant, I could feel our forces and power intertwined. Hypnotic, mesmeric, indescribable pleasure and beauty.

My memories of the past, the experiments, the abuse, the lonliness, fading away. Replaced by a warm feeling of pure bliss. The ground disappears from my feet as I approach her. Closer. Closer. Even closer.

She is there infront of me, we both stand upon the air itself, looking into her eyes, pure endless heaven, energies unimaginable.

I reach my hand out and touch her skin, I can feel the entire universe, as if everything is but a shadow of this moment, our bodies are pressed against one another. I can feel her mind and mine becoming bonded, linked in a telepathic symbiosis of incomprehensible emotion.

My eyes, only milimetres from hers, my gaze falling deeper into her very soul.

An insane smile stretches across her lips as their eyes lock, two timeless soul hypnotized by the others power. Deep inside the blackness of their pupils shine endless streams of stars,galaxies not yet born, barely concieved of.

Stretching out her hand, encircled by flame, to Jean's cheek she gently stroked the pale, soft skin.

The bystanders stood in enraptured awe, witness to to the end and the begining.

Their lips met, Jean's soft velvety petals pressed moistly against Rogues dry and fiery ones. As each one drained from the other their energies mixed, and as they clasped each other in that deadly embrace they became one being. One being that held every thought, every scrap of existence from the begining of time. They saw all that was, all that is, and all that would be...

Then there was a spark, and a silent shockwave shot out over the earth, beyond it into space, and beyond that, and beyond that, in the space of a few seconds. Then in a massive, black implosion, it was gone.

Only blackness existed, and the universe was silent. But deep in that blackness, a tiny speck of light gently glimmered...

bigbang2b.gif

And from that light, everything that is made, was made. From the ashes of the old rose the new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"