BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like wondy would wear pants for a while in the comics.
First god of war mode
SMWWFE_1_1_54132e20a6b726.06460925.jpg

normal mode....
WWfep1.png

looks like some people in here will be happy with straps and pants :p

And finally as
the god of peace
SMWWFE_1_20_blog_541c57248fcb57.44902151.jpg

I love LOVE a white gold outfit for her, this is so beautiful!! It's like next-level costuming for her as a character. And Gal could pull it off!

She looks like a disco dancer.

Awful.

I love LOVE a white gold outfit for her, this is so beautiful!! It's like next-level costuming for her as a character. And Gal could pull it off!

Me too. I'd tone down the white to cream, burnish the gold a little so it wasn't super shiny and add in some brown, but I do like that general colour combination for Wonder Woman.

The red/blue/white/silver/gold is nice, but it's obviously heavy on the American flag iconigraphy (or the Themysciran flag iconography) and it's also very similar to Superman's colour palette (or Spider-man's colour palette). I wouldn't mind seeing Wonder Woman adopting the white/gold colour scheme, even if it's only for some form of "formal" armour or dress for ceremonial occasions.

The rendition of the outfit? No Me Gusta. The gold/white? Me Gusta. Though the choker is getting old, it needs to go.

It makes her look like the a backing dancer for a glam rock band. Terrible.

It makes her look like the a backing dancer for a glam rock band. Terrible.

Indeed.

By the way, why would a god of peace wield a sword? Isn't it a bit, umm... unpeaceful?

Darn I was about to say that! Gal would look amazing in that outfit indeed! :hrt:

Oh, so opinions on her outfit are subjective?

Give her glasses and a black cat suite and I see the Baroness.

1963001_287595291434329_1124545813_n.jpg

Another suit of Wondy in the actual series.

^ Jesus that art's bad.

I like that her bicep is almost the same size as her waist!

It's kind of bizarre to see the pants return to the comics. Now that Wonder Woman's live-action movie costume has been revealed, I expected them to move Wonder Woman's comic book costume closer to the movie costume (with the use of a skirt and taller, armoured boots) as opposed to taking it in a different direction (with the re-introduction of pants).

It may be a stop-gap before we end up with a costume very similar to the movie version.

The current version looks horrible.

the new 52 Superman costume is also pretty horrible. Superman's outfit didn't need an update

1963001_287595291434329_1124545813_n.jpg

Another suit of Wondy in the actual series.

Return of the Super-Mullet and Wonder Woman's pants?

What is this retro throwback issue?

Those pants and that mullet should have been cast into the source wall never to escape.

Awful relics of a bygone era.

It may be a stop-gap before we end up with a costume very similar to the movie version.

The New 52 Wonder Woman costume is awesome.

I still prefer her classicesque 90's-00's version though.

You talking about Superman? I dont see much of a difference really.

Is that Bart Sears art? I know there is a clone of his style getting work - Andy something.......

If it is Sears then its a shame as that fella's work used to be amazing to me - really, his Justice League Europe run was brilliant. Shame how artists work can decline as time moves on - to me, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez' modern work doesnt hold a candle to his 80's Super-Powers/DC licensing stuff, John Byrne's work isnt as good as his 80's stuff either and there are many others. Sure, there is mitigation for it [such as a decline in health, old age etc] but a stylistic change for the worse [at a time when an artists work should be evolving for the better] really does my head in. At least the God that is Alan Davis hasnt regressed.

I mean, of course, it's all subjective but still.....

I've actually always thought that white and gold were better suited for her character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"