BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always liked the idea of Wonder Woman using a small round shield, sword and a lasso. There could be some awesome action sequences with Wonder Woman using a sword

wonder-woman-costume-pattern.jpg

What ever the design choice the costume(s) should take Gadot's freedom of movement into consideration. I am expecting some flashy and powerful fight choreography for WW in this, JLA or a solo.

I hope they don't go down the road of treating it as Greek Fantasy come to life. I hope they treat it more like how Christianity relates to context of the modern and ancient world. Now imagine that the Greek gods and the Greek religions that were based around them are real. Just teat those gods and godesses in the same vine as you would if you where doing a movie with the Christian God and demon showing up in the modern world. Treat it less like Percy Jackson more like Constantine only with Greek Gods and Monsters instead of angles and demons. Make it feel like your diving into the supernatural side of the real world.

They could look to Supernatural for inspiration if they choose to go that route.

a hollywood version of this would be cool:

944792_10151472444458141_495875458_n.jpg

They could look to Supernatural for inspiration if they choose to go that route.
Why not Noah and Exodus? These biblical stories are about THE almighty father.

Why du you think Supernatural would be a better choice?

I really like this design.
tumblr_ltfq6edQLY1qi8tr8o1_500.jpg

Though if WW ever flies, I think THAT would be the time for pants ;)

Why not Noah and Exodus? These biblical stories are about THE almighty father.

I really don't care, to be honest with you. I'm sure there are plenty of films and television shows they can draw inspiration from. I suggested Supernatural because I'm familiar with it and because they have a long history of modernizing ancient gods and mythological lore in general.

Why du you think Supernatural would be a better choice?

I never said that. What I said was they could look to Supernatural for inspiration.

we do? thanks for telling me that, I had no idea I wanted it all taken so seriously. I very much get a fantasy ancient greek impression from that design, which I think is hitting the nail on the head for a character like WW.

:up:

Do not sexualize wonder woman at all. Those pics look too sexual.

Ditch the armband and choker and change the symbol, and bracelets, and belt (or whatever you call it). Maybe even change the blue to black.

Wonder Woman looks surprisingly good with fishnets.

Change the metal to something less shiny and more solid looking, lose the fishnets, hide the seams and put some more detail on the corset and that's pretty much perfect.

The New 52 design is my favorite. Ditching the gold for Silver sets WW apart from Superman's look and the choker and leg strap give it a raw feel.

The last thing I want to see is a WW who is wearing pants that make her look like a personal trainer.

I agree with the small circular shield and short sword.

What about the Titans route (Clash/Wrath)?
No?
How should the gods appear - like humanoids or like powerful cosmic energies?

If the myths were actually true, I imagine the godly beings to be extremely dangerous and treat us like we do with one cell organisms
I'd like them feel like spiritual beings with physical humanoid bodies.

I'd like them feel like spiritual beings with physical humanoid bodies.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't acknowledge them as gods per se. The same way Odin and Thor aren't seen as gods but rather extraterrestrials who are remarkably long lived and have powers.

This could be an unpopular idea, but it would be interesting to connect the Greek pantheon with Jack Kirby's New Gods. So perhaps the Greek gods were originally from Apokalips/New Genesis. With Zeus, Hera, Apollo being from New Genesis and Ares, Hades, etc. being from Apokolips.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't acknowledge them as gods per se. The same way Odin and Thor aren't seen as gods but rather extraterrestrials who are remarkably long lived and have powers.

This could be an unpopular idea, but it would be interesting to connect the Greek pantheon with Jack Kirby's New Gods. So perhaps the Greek gods were originally from Apokalips/New Genesis. With Zeus, Hera, Apollo being from New Genesis and Ares, Hades, etc. being from Apokolips.

Actually the New Gods where more Norse inspired. It was suppose to be post Ragnarok. Let Marvel do the ancient astronauts stuff. DC need to go its own way. It doesn't mean we can't have god like Aliens interacting with gods. If DC dabbles a little into the ancient astronaut pie I hope they make a distinction between normal aliens and supernatural gods that happen to exist in space.
2841097-1558010-skyfathers__dc__super.jpg

EmperorJokerPage31.jpg

Last edited:
Do not sexualize wonder woman at all. Those pics look too sexual.

I think that the more sexual someone is presented, the harder he or she is to take seriously. It becomes less of "look at this neat character!" and more of "look at this neat character's TORSO!"

I think this is especially true if her role is minor. You have to sell her as a character with feelings first. She can be sexier for her solo movie ;)

I would like something like this, but with a skirt and less bulky-looking boots.

Wonder_Woman_-_New_52.jpg

Actually the New Gods where more Norse inspired. It was suppose to be post Ragnarok. Let Marvel do the ancient astronauts stuff. DC need to go its own way. It doesn't mean we can't have god like Aliens interacting with gods. If DC dabbles a little into the ancient astronaut pie I hope they make a distinction between normal aliens and supernatural gods that happen to exist in space.
2841097-1558010-skyfathers__dc__super.jpg

EmperorJokerPage31.jpg

Hahaha what title and issue is this from?

EDIT: Nevermind I just googled it. Superman: Emperor Joker. Have to pick that one up. Looks fun as hell.

Hahaha what title and issue is this from?

EDIT: Nevermind I just googled it. Superman: Emperor Joker. Have to pick that one up. Looks fun as hell.

I know we are all off subject but It's when Joker gains Mr. Mxyzptlk power. They did an episode on Batman the brave and the Bold kind of losely based off of that. Joker kills Batman over and over. :funny:
[YT]-xjKwdLAucw[/YT]

Last edited:
My wishes for her look and armor:

1) No gold elements. Iron/steel. It's battle armor, not parade one.

2) Remove light blue from the armor and go Cliff Chiang way: black with blue highlights. Stars role in the design should be downplayed or become more subtle.

3) The armor, the tiara and the bracelets should look rich and have intricate detail, like, for example, on Zeus' armor in Clash Of The Titans...

4) Red should definitely stay. No brainer here. As well as the red star on the tiara.

5) I don't know about the skirt. I guess, what looks better on Gadot. I'd honestly prefer no battle skirt. Looks too "Greek mythology". Just like they removed Thor's helmet.

6) High-heeled boots with similar motives as the body armor.

7) LONG black hair, maybe they should try a single braid.

The blue is not "black with blue highlights". It's just blue. That's just how they show shadows and highlights in comics. You can't do that in real life. A dark blue however is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"