Things in the X3 novel I didn;t like

javon

Superhero
Reaction score
I found somethings a bit wierd..mainly with Phoenix. First off, they actually put Storm in the infirmary when Xavier was talking.....and she still said NOTHING! I was mad and I was laughing at the same time like "WTF is so hard about making her SAY something?!..ANYTHING!". And then they started to egt a little overrated with Phoenix. I mean come on..energy flowing from her body around the city that send waves moving backwards? That is a little crazy. And her generating radiance from her bofy that peple felt? I felt they went a little over board wit trying to gove her the correct powers necessary. And OMG this is what REALLY pissed me off! When Storm said "Nothing can stop her. Nothing." I almst threw that damn book across the damn city. Storm would actually DO something to stop her, they actually made her doubt her power (which she didn't even show much of) when she had a perfect time to use them. That is what DEFIENATLY made me mad.

But I personally do not believe that Storm could hold a candle to Phoenix.

I personally think she can. But I'm not turning this into a debate.

britrogue said:
But I personally do not believe that Storm could hold a candle to Phoenix.

Second that. I'm not too far into the book, but i agree, Storm couldn't have taken on Phoenix. I admit, I like Jean one heck of a lot better, but I really believe she couldn't have taken her on.

I actually liked Claremont's version of the film, infinitely more so than his X2 novelization. The added Jean segments were probably my favorite part.

The X3 novelization is infinitely better than the movie. I wished I had only read that and never watched the movie.

The book does a far better job with Phoenix and Jean, and showing how powerful Jean is. Nothing can stop Phoenix. Storm certainly can't. Wolverine certainly shouldn't be able to. At least in the book Claremont showed more of Phoenix's power. She should be able to destroy planets. That's the whole point. Without that, Jean's death is pointless and silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"