BvS Things You Hope They'll Change From Man of Steel

EssayM

Just A Guy
Reaction score
What elements of Man of Steel, good or bad, do you hope Snyder and co. will try to get rid of or change in BvS? In terms of cinematography, designs, story elements, character development, etc.

Cinematography: Tone back on the handheld and lose the zooms. Brighten the color grade.
Designs: Make Metropolis more interesting looking and less of a Chicago/New York clone.
Story Elements: Straightforward pacing with at most one flashback.

What elements of Man of Steel, good or bad, do you hope Snyder and co. will try to get rid of or change in BvS? In terms of cinematography, designs, story elements, character development, etc.

Keep: Badass action scenes, confident superman that is no push-over but also not an arrogant ass, Lois having a meaningful role in the movie, Lois being a source of comfort for Clark, tender Ma Kent/Clark scenes, MOS supes suit (with a minor tweaks), unique cinematography like that butterfly shot
Change: Dull colors, minimal dialogue with the bulk of it being exposition, short character scenes, add more emphasis on superman's interactions with the public (show him saving people, how they respond), add more scenes of the public's reception of superman (not just Metropolis, but the world).

I would like some more color in the cinematography. For all his problems, Zack showed with Watchmen and Sucker Punch that he could do really eye-popping colors, and a Superman movie would have been the best place to use that...but instead the entire movie looks like it was shot on the same overcast day. I want this next film to actually look like a comic-book.

Also...no more two-hour runtimes. Learn to streamline, man.

I would like some more color in the cinematography. For all his problems, Zack showed with Watchmen and Sucker Punch that he could do really eye-popping colors, and a Superman movie would have been the best place to use that...but instead the entire movie looks like it was shot on the same overcast day. I want this next film to actually look like a comic-book.

What is really cool about Watchmen is that almost every shot has a tiny bit of yellow in it.

I'd prefer they keep it long. They can still make sure every scene is well used, but if it's really good, I want 2.5 hours of goodness.

I'd prefer they keep it long. They can still make sure every scene is well used, but if it's really good, I want 2.5 hours of goodness.

Agreed. We're waiting three years for this movie. I don't want it to be over in 90 minutes.

Man of Steel felt like a good length. This film is supposed to be an epic. You need at least 2-3 hours to tell a proper epic.

I hope BvS and JL are both close to 3 hours in length. The story has the potential to be epic enough for that run time

Agreed. We're waiting three years for this movie. I don't want it to be over in 90 minutes.

Man of Steel felt like a good length. This film is supposed to be an epic. You need at least 2-3 hours to tell a proper epic.

Eh, IDK. Man of Steel felt a little too long to me. You shouldn't really have an "epic" for the first movie, IMO, that makes more sense for the sequel (BB and TDK, for example).

As for this film, I don't see "Batman vs. Superman with a few cameos" as being enough story to fill two hours without serious padding (something MOS was a little too prone too, IMO). I'm not saying make it 90 minutes, but you shouldn't go for a two-hour runtime just because it makes your movie sound epic on paper.

^ I don't want a long run-time "just because," I'm hoping they have enough good material to fill 2.5 hours.

^ I don't want a long run-time "just because," I'm hoping they have enough good material to fill 2.5 hours.
Agreed. With the subject matter, Batman and Superman, they have no excuses.

I wouldn't want to leave the theatre thinking "I wish they did this and this."

I hope they change..............nothing really. In fact, keeping the same epic scale, pacing and action would work just fine for me.

:super:

Yeah the visual style could benefit from embracing the fact that this is a comic book film. I basically had no complaints with the directing in MOS. I just hope Goyer steps up his game a bit in this movie.

I've basically counted on this movie being the best movie ever since i could fathom the idea of Superman and Batman being in a movie together. And MOS' script wasn't the most encouraging thing to precede what is likely to become one of my favorite/most judged films ever.

MOS' script was not TDKT quality imo... but i have faith in Goyer to turn out something as good as any of TDKT movies because this source material is so good, and so many great stories are readily available for inspiration. There is soooo much good material already out there, so much that Goyer could make an amazing script even if it was just a hodgepodge of every big Batman/Superman story ever. Making a good script out of Batman and Superman meeting each other should be effortless.

MOS script was not bad by any means. MOS is a good 7.5 from me, the script just had some small elements imo that didn't work.

l5zNFJ7.gif

:o:oldrazz:

More intimate character moments, and better dialogue.

Cinematography: Tone back on the handheld and lose the zooms. Brighten the color grade.

Hundred percent this. MOS got annoying to look at after a while.

I guess it is kind of a matter of material. Avengers and TDK were also pretty long, yet I'm not nearly as exhausted or bored watching those films as I am watching even the first half of MOS.

I would like BvS to be a little more digestible, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

-Brighten the color palette (i.e. like the transition from TASM to TASM2).
-More "heroic" moments from Superman just saving everyday citizens; or at least more stuff like the scene where he destroys the World Engine. That one scene made MoS for me in many ways and there needs to be more of that
-Clark & Lois need better moments together.

Lighter tone

Lighter, brighter, more colorful palette.

Less harsh, less cold design aesthetic.

More fun.

The hand-held shots, the dark color of the film, fewer flashbacks, and subplots.

A little more comedy, but very light. Even Man of Steel had less humor than Batman Begins did, talk about a dark superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"