BvS Things You Hope They'll Change From Man of Steel

Err Lois and Clark could be you know I don't investigating Lex like they've done throughout their history. Which would add to the story.

Listen, I'm not saying you can't like what you like, I'm just saying that I prefer this genre to be more psychological action thriller than rom-com, emotional, light action film. I like action movies, I think CBM's should be action movies. Personal preference, I know not everyone agrees but that's what I want to see. Lois just isn't as essential to the story for me as she is for many others.

Who says you can't have that and action? A good Superman and Batman story can have all those things.

You don't need to worry about it, there will be plenty of that along with the action. And yes, they can have both. But there was alot of clamoring for more Lois/Clark/Daily Planet and less action in the thread and I just don't agree with that. Maybe I could have just left that out of my post to avoid this conversation but that's just not really interesting for me. I definitely don't want it to be devoid of that stuff but the part that interests me about CBM/Superhero's is the plot between the hero's/villains, their interaction and the action scenes that result from their conflict. That's what I care about most so that's what I want to see the most, the mushy emotional "heart" and "touching moments" don't do all that much for me. Call me macho or chauvinist if you want but I just don't care about that stuff that much and it's usually overdone in alot of movies. As for comedy, good comedy is hard to pull off so I'd rather they stick with serious tone (which I prefer anyway) instead of adding humor just to make the tone lighter. It's easy to fail at comedy, so I'd rather they not try than try and fail (like they did in MOS).

Last edited:
i hope it's three hours as opposed to the 2 and a half hours mos was.

Oh I would love every minute of it :)....doubt it though only because of those blasted GA

If I had my way it would be closer to four hours. But I know that isn't realistic.

Things to change from MOS.............not much at all !

Really the things that I thought were wrong with MOS are things that were unique to that particular story (e.g. the portrayal of Pa Kent's death, and the jump from Zod's death to the drone crash - you can't
really fix those, they're done, get over it). But if they keep the same
tone and pacing, and epic scale, I'll be happy.

Oh wait, one thing I would like is more of the new Superman theme,
as in the end title march -we get teased in MOS but we only hear the
theme in all its glory at the end.

:super:

^ yeah you're right. I loved the new Superman theme but they never really used it. Such a missed opportunity. They used it well in one of those trailer with the drums buildup and the heroic first flight take off. Give me more of that.

Others have said it but I want a slightly lighter tone or at least for there to be some lighter moments. And I want Clark to speak more and just be a more likable guy who speaks, mingles and interacts with people, but in a cool way.

I don't remember if there is a Kryptonian ship left but I want the Fortress of Solitude.

And I don't know what else I want until I see what BvS was lacking.

-more journalism
-more of Clark seeing the every day good in people
-more 'simple' saves i.e. saving someone from a mugger, or helping a lost kid get home
-a more intelligent level of dialogue
-less neck snapping :-)p)

-Dont make BVS an MOS apology film
-No PTSD Clark.He understands that he did what he had to by killing Zod and has moved on
-More Clark kent as Superman scenes
-More Charming Cavel scenes
-More Dialogue and tighter writing
-More Badass Supes moments("Dont toy with me General" and"You cant control me and you never will")

Banter between Lois and Clark. The scene in the 'interrogation' room in MOS was close, but I want much much more of it :)

Nothing really. I'd just want the "Marvel" elements to not be in this movie please.

Yes, more of the MOS theme. You hear it briefly when Superman learns to fly, and then you hear the full theme at the end credits.

More dialogue with reporter Clark and Superman
Flying scene with Lois and Superman without danger
Lighter moments
Lex and Supes intense dialogue
Batman and superman debating
Shirt rip scene

I know Superman will discover new powers he has and that'll be exciting to see. And I wouldn't mind some slow motion scenes this time.

What elements of Man of Steel, good or bad, do you hope Snyder and co. will try to get rid of or change in BvS? In terms of cinematography, designs, story elements, character development, etc.

Get rid/change people who ***** and moan about the destruction and "messy" plot

Nothing really. I'd just want the "Marvel" elements to not be in this movie please.
Thank you. This is not a knock on their movies but in ever Marvel studio movie after Iron Man I never felt like the world or any of the heroes were in true danger because they always made so light of things and had a joke for everything especially in GOTG the dance off at the end really killed it. I get that they're fun movies and I'll agree with that but I love how DC takes their movies more seriously.

It doesn't matter how good or bad BvS is, it won't change Man of Steel. And you're in a BvS/MOS forum. People are gonna talk about it. Get over it.

I'm gonna keep it short (bc I know I probably replied to this).

All they should keep is the cast and character designs and Snyder.

The only way that this movie can change that, is to not have so much destruction and not have a messy plot. It's the only way to stop people moaning about those things.

So I guess I agree with you :)

Whoa guys keep it clean.Those posts could cause heated debates

Sorry :csad:
Was just saying: people will always say good and bad things about Man of Steel. It might be boring to read this stuff 1000x a day, but this is a BvS forum, and this is a "Things You Hope They'll Change From Man of Steel" topic.

Sorry :csad:
Was just saying: people will always say good and bad things about Man of Steel. It might be boring to read this stuff 1000x a day, but this is a BvS forum, and this is a "Things You Hope They'll Change From Man of Steel" topic.
No probs

Moving on....

I dont want the action reduced.Better spaced but not reduced

More personality shown by the titular character. I don't think they gave more than Clark 6 words to say at a time. Henry Cavill had a good screen presence, but they did absolutely nothing with it other than a few shirtless scenes and a handful of wooden lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"